IGNORED

Ex-City players @ World Cup 2022

LichfieldRed

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He might be, he is one of those players who seem more valuable to his Country than his club. Successive managers have included him no matter how little football he has played.

Ok.

We get money for any player registered with us within 2 years of the start of the tournament. 

That obviously covers Semenyo, for whom we will get the full $US10,000 per day. Diedhiou as well if he's selected, we will get a share of $US10,000 split with Alyanspor. Wollacott left in June 2021 so again we split the US$10,000 with Swindon and Charlton.

Morrell left 6 months too early. Wright and Burns obviously left way too early.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/fifa-distributes-more-than-usd-200m-to-clubs-across-the-world

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ok.

We get money for any player registered with us within 2 years of the start of the tournament. 

That obviously covers Semenyo, for whom we will get the full $US10,000 per day. Diedhiou as well if he's selected, we will get a share of $US10,000 split with Alyanspor. Wollacott left in June 2021 so again we split the US$10,000 with Swindon and Charlton.

Morrell left 6 months too early. Wright obviously left way too early.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/media-releases/fifa-distributes-more-than-usd-200m-to-clubs-across-the-world

Well I never knew that! Ker-ching! 

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

Well I never knew that! Ker-ching! 

Yep. Should be a decent enough payday for us, I calculate it's a minimum of approximately US$317,500 (approx £275,000) for Semenyo, Wollacott and Diedhiou. I've looked at it in a little more detail and it works as follows.

• it's approximately US$10,000 per player per day.
  • this is paid regardless of the level at which the player plays his club football, and regardless of whether he plays a single minute of the world cup.
  • the period for which it is paid for starts on the first day of the "official preparation period" which is officially 10 November 2022.
    • should we let Semenyo leave before the Watford game? So netting ourselves an extra US$20,000 gross income?
  • for players who were registered with multiple teams the money is shared pro rata based on how long that player was with each club during the two years.

For 2018 the example blocks of time were as below. Track that over to 2022 and any player with us between January 2021 and now gets us some pennies:

image.png.b7f33d890f9534b5ca4a32ebb51dd71d.png

Amounts per player. Just for Semenyo, Diedhiou, and Wollacott, and assuming they all travel after the final match their club plays prior to the World Cup and that they just go for the group phase as well, so any progression by Ghana or Senegal and that amount goes up.

Semenyo

Day of travel - 13 November 2022. Final Group Game - 2 December 2022 - total minimum eligible days = 13 Nov to 3 Dec = 21 days

21 x 10,000 = US$210,000.

Bristol City approx. share = US$210,000.

Wollacott

Day of travel - 10 November 2022*. Final Group Game - 2 December 2022 - total minimum eligible days = 10 Nov to 3 Dec = 24 days

24 x 10,000 = US$240,000.

Split between Bristol City, Swindon, and Charlton Athletic.

Transferred between Bristol City and Swindon on July 1 2021, and between Swindon and Charlton on July 1 2022 so 25% to Bristol City, 50% to Swindon, and 25% to Charlton.

Bristol City approx. share = US$60,000.

Diedhiou

Day of travel - 12 November 2022. Final Group Game - 29 November 2022 - total minimum eligible days = 12 Nov to 30 Nov = 19 days

19 x 10,000 = US$190,000

Transferred between Bristol City and Alyanspor on July 19 2021, so 25% to Bristol City, 75% to Alyanspor

Bristol City approx. share = US$47,500.

IF the final was contested by Senegal and Ghana, and all three of the above are selected and travel on the dates I set out above, then we are looking at an income of approximately US$555,000 (approx. £485,000).

*(note this is assumed as League 1 do not actually break for the World Cup, if they don't want him to play in the League against Burton he could feasibly travel after their EFL Cup game this evening. I've therefore assumed he travels as early as possible and so qualifies for the maximum amount.)

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Pleased for Bailey Wright. Didn’t he miss out right at the final cut quite surprisingly for Russia 2018? A genuinely nice guy and one of those players you can’t accuse of not giving it all when he played for us. 

I believe he had an operation that summer after playing through an injury for us, so basically sacrificed playing for his country for City.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep. Should be a decent enough payday for us, I calculate it's a minimum of approximately US$317,500 (approx £275,000) for Semenyo, Wollacott and Diedhiou. I've looked at it in a little more detail and it works as follows.

• it's approximately US$10,000 per player per day.
  • this is paid regardless of the level at which the player plays his club football, and regardless of whether he plays a single minute of the world cup.
  • the period for which it is paid for starts on the first day of the "official preparation period" which is officially 10 November 2022.
    • should we let Semenyo leave before the Watford game? So netting ourselves an extra US$20,000 gross income?
  • for players who were registered with multiple teams the money is shared pro rata based on how long that player was with each club during the two years.

For 2018 the example blocks of time were as below. Track that over to 2022 and any player with us between January 2021 and now gets us some pennies:

image.png.b7f33d890f9534b5ca4a32ebb51dd71d.png

Amounts per player. Just for Semenyo, Diedhiou, and Wollacott, and assuming they all travel after the final match their club plays prior to the World Cup and that they just go for the group phase as well, so any progression by Ghana or Senegal and that amount goes up.

Semenyo

Day of travel - 13 November 2022. Final Group Game - 2 December 2022 - total minimum eligible days = 13 Nov to 3 Dec = 21 days

21 x 10,000 = US$210,000.

Bristol City approx. share = US$210,000.

Wollacott

Day of travel - 10 November 2022*. Final Group Game - 2 December 2022 - total minimum eligible days = 10 Nov to 3 Dec = 24 days

24 x 10,000 = US$240,000.

Split between Bristol City, Swindon, and Charlton Athletic.

Transferred between Bristol City and Swindon on July 1 2021, and between Swindon and Charlton on July 1 2022 so 25% to Bristol City, 50% to Swindon, and 25% to Charlton.

Bristol City approx. share = US$60,000.

Diedhiou

Day of travel - 12 November 2022. Final Group Game - 29 November 2022 - total minimum eligible days = 12 Nov to 30 Nov = 19 days

19 x 10,000 = US$190,000

Transferred between Bristol City and Alyanspor on July 19 2021, so 25% to Bristol City, 75% to Alyanspor

Bristol City approx. share = US$47,500.

IF the final was contested by Senegal and Ghana, and all three of the above are selected and travel on the dates I set out above, then we are looking at an income of approximately US$555,000 (approx. £485,000).

*(note this is assumed as League 1 do not actually break for the World Cup, if they don't want him to play in the League against Burton he could feasibly travel after their EFL Cup game this evening. I've therefore assumed he travels as early as possible and so qualifies for the maximum amount.)

So, if it was a summer World Cup, we’d still get 1/3rd of the pot for Bailey Wright too. 
Another reason to hate this tournament ?

Oh interestingly we received about the same for the 2018 world cup. Official FIFA list shows we got US$237,720 for that tournament. Presumably almost entirely from Magnússon. Daily amount was just over US$8,000 then.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

So, if it was a summer World Cup, we’d still get 1/3rd of the pot for Bailey Wright too. 
Another reason to hate this tournament ?

And would have got some for Morrell as well if he goes. Plus we'd have presumably got 25% more for each of Diedhiou and Wollacott.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's paid via the FA, so they might receive USD but I suspect we will receive GBP from the FA.

I'm sure the FA will find a way of rounding the exchange rate down to the nearest pound, of withholding all or part of the payment or paying later in 2023 while they bank the interest on the monies in their account. 

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm sure the FA will find a way of rounding the exchange rate down to the nearest pound, of withholding all or part of the payment or paying later in 2023 while they bank the interest on the monies in their account. 

Will they charge commission on the exchange rate?