IGNORED

Tonight’s crowd

Topper 123

where are all the city fans ? 

the so say city fans who haven’t got a ticket yet can still buy a ticket up till 15 minutes after kick off 

what is the excuse for not going ? Wet  night :laugh: are you a fan or not ? I love these games because we see true fans not the moaning whinging turn ups but true supporters COYR 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Just for some context here from earlier rounds this season

Sheff Wed v Rochdale 9,045

Derby v West Brom 10,638

Watford v MK Dons sounds like a derby to me 8,891

West Brom v Sheff Utd 6,747

Blackburn v Hartlepool 6,844

Middlesbrough v Barnsley 9,361

Sheff Wed v Sunderland 8,412

Blackpool v Barrow 4,972

Huddersfield v Preston 5,550

Cardiff v Portsmouth 6,303

Reading v Stevenage 4,230

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

the so say city fans who haven’t got a ticket yet can still buy a ticket up till 15 minutes after kick off 

what is the excuse for not going ? Wet  night :laugh: are you a fan or not ? I love these games because we see true fans not the moaning whinging turn ups but true supporters COYR 

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Derby v West Brom 10,638

Blackpool v Barrow 4,972

That’s the round before isn’t it 

I do have some sympathy for the OP. 

I am reminded of the 2017/18 EFL Cup run. Round 1 against Plymouth at home we saw a crowd of 9,300. Round 3 at home to Stoke, 13,000, Round 4 was Palace at home and we attracted 21,000. Of course the game following that was Manchester Utd at home and we saw a sell out crowd of just over 26,000 for which the club had to implement a special ticketing waterfall due to the demand.

There was no priority ticket sale for the Man Utd game for those who had attended the Plymouth game.

I don't think that not attending that Plymouth game, or this game tonight means you "aren't a fan", but I also do understand resentment from those that do attend, as we all know that should we progress and draw a "big" club, suddenly an extra 18,000 fans will pop up at AG.

Perhaps away fans would be within their rights to chant "Where were you when the opposition were objectively less attractive"?

PS @Magger1 my own poor excuse for not attending this evening is that I live 3.5 hours drive from AG. I'm sorry. For my sins I did go to the Round 1 game away at Burton to see Coventry, so please accept that as my penance.

Edited by ExiledAjax

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I do have some sympathy for the OP. 

I am reminded of the 2017/18 EFL Cup run. Round 1 against Plymouth at home we saw a crowd of 9,300. Round 3 at home to Stoke, 13,000, Round 4 was Palace at home and we attracted 21,000. Of course the game following that was Manchester Utd at home and we saw a sell out crowd of just over 26,000 for which the club had to implement a special ticketing waterfall due to the demand.

There was no priority ticket sale for the Man Utd game for those who had attended the Plymouth game.

I don't think that not attending that Plymouth game, or this game tonight means you "aren't a fan", but I also do understand resentment from those that do attend, as we all know that should we progress and draw a "big" club, suddenly an extra 18,000 fans will pop up at AG.

Perhaps away fans would be within their rights to chant "Where were you when the opposition were objectively less attractive"?

PS @Magger1 my own poor excuse for not attending this evening is that I live 3.5 hours drive from AG. I'm sorry. For my sins I did go to the Round 1 game away at Burton to see Coventry, so please accept that as my penance.

I would've gone if it was away at Lincoln.  However, I have uni tomorrow and don't fancy getting home around 1:00am tomorrow morning if I drive to Bristol and back. 

• Like 1

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

I would've gone if it was away at Lincoln.  However, I have uni tomorrow and don't fancy getting home around 1:00am tomorrow morning if I drive to Bristol and back. 

Yeh I'd have considered going to the game if away at Lincoln. 1.5 hour drive for me to get there which is about what Burton was. Wonder if that makes us super fans?

• Haha 1

For the SUPER fans who travel a distance for home games and think I was having a pop at them , wise up I’m having a pop at fans that live in walking distance and should look at this game as a possible chance to support our youngsters and hopefully cheer them to next round and then hopefully a lucrative cup draw that might prize them out their armchairs 

• Like 3

• Admin

It has always amused me that you get bigger crowds (and this applies to all clubs, not just us) depending on the size of the opposition. I mean we all love City and presumably don't give a jot about the other team. We also go home happier after a City win than any other result. Yet for the more winnable games, we stay at home.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

For the SUPER fans who travel a distance for home games and think I was having a pop at them , wise up I’m having a pop at fans that live in walking distance and should look at this game as a possible chance to support our youngsters and hopefully cheer them to next round and then hopefully a lucrative cup draw that might prize them out their armchairs 

is it on the red button? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

Well to clear this up...

We've had SIX home games since Oct 1st. Plus two close away games. We now have two more home games within a week. 

It's a school night.

Weather is terrible.

Poor opposition.

Not long til Christmas. 

Oh and finally, we're living through a cost of living crisis where people can't even afford to heat their homes, let alone attend 8 home games within 6 weeks. 

• Like 15
  • Flames 2

Yeah it's like when I went to see U2 in 1980 at the Poly. Where were all the fairweather fans then, huh? And yet you all came out of the woodwork when The Joshua Tree was released, didn't you?!

I'd far rather my favourite bands - and football teams for that matter - stayed small-time and niche and crap forever, thank you very much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, I'm going but

17 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Well to clear this up...

We've had SIX home games since Oct 1st. Plus two close away games. We now have two more home games within a week. 

It's a school night.

Weather is terrible.

Poor opposition.

Not long til Christmas. 

Oh and finally, we're living through a cost of living crisis where people can't even afford to heat their homes, let alone attend 8 home games within 6 weeks. 

and there are a lot of bad colds and flus doing the rounds.

I'm going, because I have recovered enough, but it's always up to people themselves whether they go or not.

A bit of a strange OP, although I guess it is slightly tongue in cheek.

Edited by AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Derby v West Brom 10,638

Blackpool v Barrow 4,972

Says it all. Some similar sized and bigger clubs than us getting pretty poor attendances in the early rounds. Looking at that list anything above 7 k will be decent tonight..

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, I'm going but

and there are a lot of bad colds and flus doing the rounds.

I'm going, because I have recovered enough, but it's always up to people themselves whether they go or not.

A bit of a strange OP, altgough I guess it is slightly tongue in cheek.

I bet you still get your 20 fags a day and a few tins of natch and a takeaway :laugh: but I’m a true fan 

1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

Says it all. Some similar sized and bigger clubs than us getting pretty poor attendances in the early rounds. Looking at that list anything above 7 k will be decent tonight..

That’s ok then I’ll stay home fan or not ? 

2 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I bet you still get your 20 fags a day and a few tins of natch and a takeaway :laugh: but I’m a true fan 

As above. I am going to be there tonight.

But wearing a bloody thicker coat this week. I was FREEEZING last Tuesday.

Edited by AppyDAZE