IGNORED

Tonight’s crowd

Topper 123

10 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I'd far rather my favourite bands - and football teams for that matter - stayed small-time and niche and crap forever, thank you very much.

Support the  Rovers  CR, then your wish would come true! :D

6 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, I'm going but

and there are a lot of bad colds and flus doing the rounds.

I'm going, because I have recovered enough, but it's always up to people themselves whether they go or not.

A bit of a strange OP, although I guess it is slightly tongue in cheek.

I wouldn't be so sure - the OP has previous for being a fucknugget of the highest order.  He's very fortunate that he's able to safely navigate the cost of living crisis....unfortunately he doesn't seem to be able to comprehend that others have to be more choosy where they spend their hard earned.

And before the OP comes back with a jibe at me, I am fortunate to be going with my boy, but I certainly wouldn't call others out for not attending. 

I don't smoke or have numerous cans of natch every day, so for me when I need to cut things out - and I'm sure I eventually will - I will have to dig a little deeper.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

That’s ok then I’ll stay home fan or not ? 

I don’t really get the point you are trying to make. As has been pointed out some big clubs at this level have got some pretty poor attendances in the early rounds of this comp - it is what it is. 
The cost of living crisis if you haven’t realised is hitting people extremely hard at the moment and irrespective of tickets being ‘only’ a tenner for tonight that will still be financially a step too far for many.

Congratulations  to you for going tonight, give yourself a pat on the back pal..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yeah it's like when I went to see U2 in 1980 at the Poly. Where were all the fairweather fans then, huh? And yet you all came out of the woodwork when The Joshua Tree was released, didn't you?!

I'd far rather my favourite bands - and football teams for that matter - stayed small-time and niche and crap forever, thank you very much.

I was on the outside when you said, you said you needed me…

• Like 1

I live 20 mins walk away and I'm not going because I don't want to. I work full time and have a young family. I've been to every home game this year (paying £600 for my ST in the process) as far as I can remember, and pay to watch every away one.

Maybe that means I'm not a fan by your definition? If so then fine!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I wouldn't be so sure - the OP has previous for being a fucknugget of the highest order.  He's very fortunate that he's able to safely navigate the cost of living crisis....unfortunately he doesn't seem to be able to comprehend that others have to be more choosy where they spend their hard earned.

And before the OP comes back with a jibe at me, I am fortunate to be going with my boy, but I certainly wouldn't call others out for not attending. 

I don't smoke or have numerous cans of natch every day, so for me when I need to cut things out - and I'm sure I eventually will - I will have to dig a little deeper.

Fucknugget indeed….??I don’t get all this if you don’t go to every single game your not a true fan..

Every time we get games like this, against so called lesser opposition, these type of posts normally come out the woodwork. 

If you go, you go….if you don’t then so what we live in incredibly tough times.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I live 20 mins walk away and I'm not going because I don't want to. I work full time and have a young family. I've been to every home game this year (paying £600 for my ST in the process) as far as I can remember, and pay to watch every away one.

Maybe that means I'm not a fan by your definition? If so then fine!

Same here, although 30 mins walk away

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

Yeah it's like when I went to see U2 in 1980 at the Poly. Where were all the fairweather fans then, huh? And yet you all came out of the woodwork when The Joshua Tree was released, didn't you?!

I reckon 1980 was when U2 were at their peak!

• Like 2

I am going tonight, 35 minute walk down. As I work shifts I won't have to take holiday to go.this time.  Anyone working shifts 8,10 or 12 hour double days or 24/7  day/night shifts can find it difficult to balance extra games like tonight's whilst being a season card holder.  Games that clash with shift patterns that would need to take holiday for are not going to keep the Mrs happy. When clubs put out weakened sides in early rounds,   it gives the impression that they are not bothered so why should'nt some fans think the same when they have more pressing problems in their lives ?  

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Your correct sir I do  have previous :laugh: but come on who calls anyone a fucknugget :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I saw you started a threat and knew it would be some negative rubbish, you’re alive man, you’re in a first world country, you have a roof above your head and fresh water, we don’t have famine or immediate war, life is great man, lighten up.

A threat Marcus not me just a light bit of ? 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, I'm going but

I'm going, because I have recovered enough, but it's always up to people themselves whether they go or not.

I'm going this evening, purely because I have recovered from the virus I had and the house is no longer full of the 'vids.

So I missed a few games due to injury.

• Like 2

For all those messages I’ve had back thanks for entertainment I can’t be bothered anymore today with responses but you have kept me amused as I’ve be bored stiff all day , never mind time to get ready for pub , sink a gallon before game and have a nice steak ? see you there IF YOU CAN BE BOTHERED 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Under 21 win 5-0 this afternoon against Watford hoping for same tonight for the fans that can be bothered to go COYR 

Circumstances mean I can't be there - which is very unusual for me, I rarely miss a home game - so sing a bit louder for me. If you can do a basso profundo "you redzzzz" about 2 minutes after everyone else has stopped singing it, you'll be making up for my absence... 

:city:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

A threat Marcus not me just a light bit of ? 

Well if that’s true and you are only fishing then.. you’re alive man, you’re in a first world country, you have a roof above your head and fresh water, we don’t have famine or immediate war, life is great man, lighten up.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Well, I'm going but

Not sure it was to be honest, apart from real glamour ties most fans don't get too exited by cup games, I mean just look at crowds for most FA cup games these days compared to say the 70s 80s I think clubs from the Prem, Championship playing vastly weakened teams has rather taken the gloss off both competitions. I mean if they can't be bothered to take it seriously how can they then be surprised when fans don't bother to turn up.