IGNORED

Tonight’s crowd

Topper 123

1 hour ago, southside said:

I remember being in the video room in the Dug Out in 1980 watching I will follow by U2, said to my mates "best band in the world" ?

What a great place that was the dug out, they even showed films some nights I remember watching the life of Brian there one night off my head on shrooms. happy days.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Some steep staircase that was

It was and certainly the dugout was not a place for claustrophobics, I was there one night when some idiot let off a tear gas grenade surprised no one was killed in the crush is it still going would be surprised if it was health and safety today would have kittens. 

6 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Is there a way to regenerate the ticket email? I bought some tickets earlier but haven't received the email and can't find anywhere on the website to actually reprint or resend.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Dumb question but I ordered with some of the away games two months ago. Where would my ticket be? No ticket sent, no e-ticket sent in the confirmation email. Is it just added to my season card?? 

Think it’ll be a case of head to ticket office.

Mine is attached to the email.

40 minutes ago, Olé said:

Dumb question but I ordered with some of the away games two months ago. Where would my ticket be? No ticket sent, no e-ticket sent in the confirmation email. Is it just added to my season card?? 

Should be attached to an email receipt. On my phone now as a PDF so hope it scans at the turnstile.

57 minutes ago, pillred said:

It was and certainly the dugout was not a place for claustrophobics, I was there one night when some idiot let off a tear gas grenade surprised no one was killed in the crush is it still going would be surprised if it was health and safety today would have kittens. 

Was in the dug out when the IRA blew out the front of Maggs department store, about 400 yards away. Didn't hear a thing above the base playing in the club!

4 hours ago, Clevedon Red said:

Fucknugget indeed….??I don’t get all this if you don’t go to every single game your not a true fan..

Every time we get games like this, against so called lesser opposition, these type of posts normally come out the woodwork. 

If you go, you go….if you don’t then so what we live in incredibly tough times.

I generally find myself feeling a bit sorry for those sort of posters, who clearly have so little else going on in their lives that they can’t comprehend anyone having anything else going on that competes with football.

As a member I always pick and choose my games, because I’m a fair distance away, both my wife and I work full time, and we’ve got two kids with their own busy schedules. If that means I’m not a fan then so be it.

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I do have some sympathy for the OP. 

I am reminded of the 2017/18 EFL Cup run. Round 1 against Plymouth at home we saw a crowd of 9,300. Round 3 at home to Stoke, 13,000, Round 4 was Palace at home and we attracted 21,000. Of course the game following that was Manchester Utd at home and we saw a sell out crowd of just over 26,000 for which the club had to implement a special ticketing waterfall due to the demand.

There was no priority ticket sale for the Man Utd game for those who had attended the Plymouth game.

I don't think that not attending that Plymouth game, or this game tonight means you "aren't a fan", but I also do understand resentment from those that do attend, as we all know that should we progress and draw a "big" club, suddenly an extra 18,000 fans will pop up at AG.

Perhaps away fans would be within their rights to chant "Where were you when the opposition were objectively less attractive"?

PS @Magger1 my own poor excuse for not attending this evening is that I live 3.5 hours drive from AG. I'm sorry. For my sins I did go to the Round 1 game away at Burton to see Coventry, so please accept that as my penance.

Personally I think the membership scheme adequately serves that purpose. The ticket sales process for the United game gave first priority to STH, then members who had been to (something like) 5+ games, then remaining members, then general sale. I think that was pretty fair.

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Great opportunity to get to round 4 and get some much needed revenue if we get a good draw. Loved it when we got to the semifinals a few years ago. I’m going tonight but totally understand people giving it a swerve. Just the traffic alone around South Bristol is enough. COYR

Hmm, wishful thinking....

4 hours ago, pillred said:

is it still going would be surprised if it was

Sadly the Dug Out closed down in the 80s when the old bill opposed the licence renewal. I think it became a restaurant for a while.

Was a brilliant place for a night out if you were a teenager back then, epitomising Bristol's ****-you nonconformity. Punks and rastas and The Wild Bunch.

I didn't go this evening btw, as life's too busy and sometimes there are not enough hours in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I assume the "real fans" there tonight were the ones booing a kid on his debut for making a howler?

Genuinely don’t think that happened. There were various boos, directed at the team generally or particular passage of poor play, but there was nothing directed at one specific individual as far as I was aware. 

• Like 1