IGNORED

Semenyo

TomShor10

15 hours ago, Champfan45 said:

It looked like Semenyo was starting to become that kind of striker that can hold the ball up and link the play, but it seems like he coughs it up a bit too much. Kinda reminds me of Lukaku who is a big lad but his game revolves more around running in behind 

Yes this is the problem. Chris Martin is best with balls into his chest and below, where he can bring it down, hold off a defender and bring players into play who are running in and around him. We do this vary rarely and aim for Martin to win flick ons, which he does every so often but he’s not exactly tall.

With Semenyo, he’s best with the ball into his feet, so he can hold the ball up, turn his man and use his power to shrug them off and progress the ball forward, however we aim for his chest and above and he’s not as good as Martin at this.

It’s worrying that we can all see this, but the professional players we have can’t.

I play football after work on a Monday and there is a guy who has only ever touched the ball with this left foot, and even we can learn to play it onto his left foot to make it easier for him. Jay Dasilva is the same, yet so many passes to him are behind him onto his right to slow him down.

• Like 1

We all knew it was on the cards but congrats to Semenyo for sure. Hope he makes his mark- a competitive but not impossible group to do so.

Thought was decent Saturday, a sceptic may say he was looking to sharpen up a little before the Ghana squad finalised however I think he should come back better.

Worth noting too, that he has had not one but two medium term injuries in the last 12-18 months.

To remind everyone, we receive US$10,000 every day that he is out there with the squad.

Presumably he travels tomorrow as their first game is next Thursday! The earliest he can return (assuming no major injury) is 3 December after their final group game on 2 December.

That's 19 days, so US$190,000 in the bank for us.

Every stage Ghana advance will add US$40,000 - 50,000 to that amount, depending on the precise day of each game.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To remind everyone, we receive US$10,000 every day that he is out there with the squad.

Presumably he travels tomorrow as their first game is next Thursday! The earliest he can return (assuming no major injury) is 3 December after their final group game on 2 December.

Every stage Ghana advance will add US$40,000 - 50,000 to that amount, depending on the precise day of each game.

Sounds similar to the Nigerian 419 scam, SL needs to be careful if they start by saying they are a prince with 12 billion dollars but just need a small deposit so they can get the funds released

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

Anyone else ever played at the World Cup whilst registered with us?

Wilkshire 2006 technically but he’d already played his last game for us.

Magnússon 2018 sold before he played his first game for Iceland 

I don`t think so - the closest was Bailey Wright but he missed out due to injury. I don`t think Fam went when he was with us did he?

• Like 1

Good Luck Antoine........From Bath City to the World Cup in a few years is some achievement!  Hoping AS has a memorable tournament, I will probably care more about Ghana's progress, than watching England.  PS So sorry to hear that JoJo Woolacott has missed out due to a last minute injury, must be so upset to miss out..............Best Wishes and Good Luck Jo Jo

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Slaven Bilic picked him out for praise after the game on Saturday and he wasn’t on the pitch that long. Says a lot. Good luck Antoine 

Funny isn’t it how some fans have written him off, yet opposition managers see it different!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We all knew it was on the cards but congrats to Semenyo for sure. Hope he makes his mark- a competitive but not impossible group to do so.

Thought was decent Saturday, a sceptic may say he was looking to sharpen up a little before the Ghana squad finalised however I think he should come back better.

Worth noting too, that he has had not one but two medium term injuries in the last 12-18 months.

They've got 8 strikers on the list - does anyone have any idea how close he might be to making a matchday squad?

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Slaven Bilic picked him out for praise after the game on Saturday and he wasn’t on the pitch that long. Says a lot. Good luck Antoine 

55 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Funny isn’t it how some fans have written him off, yet opposition managers see it different!

Yep nice praise for Antoine. Here's to a good WC for him.

“The number 11 who came on, in a couple of moves in the same action he pressed three or four of our players. Left-back, centre-back, right centre-back - boff, boff, boff; I almost clapped, I love it! I have to say!

• Like 2