IGNORED

Parachute payments and FFP to be restructured

WarksRobin

It was also agreed that a form of parachute payments for relegated clubs will remain but further discussions will decide exactly how, while the Premier League will create a new 'infrastructure fund' to provide extra cash to clubs in League One and League Two to improve their facilities.

Doesn't sound too promising.  At least let other clubs be allowed to spend the same amount as a parachute payment club. ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coin-op said:

the Premier League will create a new 'infrastructure fund' to provide extra cash to clubs in League One and League Two to improve their facilities.

with the catch that said clubs would give the PL preferable treatment in selling youth players, no doubt.

I still think an idea to exclude the excess of Parachute Payments minus Solidarity Payments from FFP calculations would have made a huge difference in the last few years and helped with stability.

Clubs at our level, presumably Championship clubs in particular must also follow PL spending rules in exchange for the financial reforms.

Screenshot_20221109-101830_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9b0e982ff80553ea56164951ca4a881d.jpg

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

From a financial perspective, TV money alone is several million lower, obviously gates etc would fall- definitely revenue would fall but non matchday revenue commercially ie events etc may not take such a big hit.

Think I'll leave it to @Davefevsas I don't know so much about the L1 stuff, I suppose my query is how does it transition as in if you have 2 years of Championship football under the 3 year rule would a club who post say £20m and £10m in FFP terms be expected to reduce their losses to £9m in the 1st League One season or is that totally forgotten.