IGNORED

Team for Saturday?

Coin-op

Not a great deal of options for Sat!  If 3 at the back, I wonder if Sykes will play RWB or if we revert to last season and play Scott there?  Who plays in defense?  I thought Vyner looked much more assured as the central defender than right sided in the last few league games but am sure will play RCB as no other options.

It's not an easy pick and am glad I don't have to pick this team! ?

if 3/5 at the back, I would go with....                       

O'Leary

Sykes        Vyner     Klose     Atkinson   Pring       (Not my 1st choice defensive unit but who else?)

James      Scott

Weimann                                   (Possiby play AW or Scott at RWB and bring Williams or HNM in?)

Conway           Wells                           (Semenyo just not doing it for me lately.)

Jeez that was hard!  Have I missed anyone?  Any of these injured?  What team would you like to see?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

Not a great deal of options for Sat!  If 3 at the back, I wonder if Sykes will play RWB or if we revert to last season and play Scott there?  Who plays in defense?  I thought Vyner looked much more assured as the central defender than right sided in the last few league games but am sure will play RCB as no other options.

O'Leary

Sykes        Vyner     Klose     Atkinson   Pring       (Not my 1st choice defensive unit but who else?)

James      Scott

Weimann                                   (Possiby play AW or Scott at RWB and bring Williams or HNM in?)

Conway           Wells                           (Semenyo just not doing it for me lately.)

Jeez that was hard!  Have I missed anyone?  Any of these injured?  What team would you like to see?

Was it hard though?  If you ask me, on current form that team pretty much picks itself.

O'Leary

Sykes     Vyner    Atkinson   Pring       

Williams    James                 

Scott                        Weimann                                   

Conway           Wells                 

Can't see Klose starting tbh and would like to see 2 defensive midfielders to protect the defence. 

JD and Semenyo dropped for me.      

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Coin-op said:

O'Leary

James      Scott

Think the team will be the following but who knows

O’Leary

Weimann Vyner Atkinson Pring JD

Scott James Williams

Wells  Conway

• Like 7
  • Robin 1

O’Leary, Vyner, Pring, James, Scott, Weimann, Conway, Wells are certs & then 3 others, though no one else deserves a place based on Tuesday.

Guess Atkinson will be one of them but after that I’m struggling, Sykes probably gets in again by default (Tanner is suspended, Wilson injured) so Klose (though he’s obviously pissed Nige off) or King (not for me but wouldn’t be surprised) or Williams (in the back 3?) or Dasilva with Pring at LCB seem the 11th man unless Kalas is chucked straight in.

Take a point now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Think the team will be the following but who knows

O’Leary

Weimann Vyner Atkinson Pring JD

Scott James Williams

Wells  Conway

Good shout.

Dasilva gets in by default, Williams is another who is fortunate but unless Kalas or Naismith are back (doubtful) not too many other options.

Yes interesting selection dilemma for saterday . Semenyou from bench he does not deserve a starting place on current form. 3 at the back or three in midfield ? Not many holding their hands up at present for a definite start. Feel Wells / Conway together up front . With Wiemen behind them ? I think likely. Midfield could well be the important battle on Saturday . NP has options ? And I really not sure which way he go. 

Got my ticket lower Lansdown and looking forward to a good game 

COYR

• Like 1

I'm expecting Pearson to pick King "I'm slower than Chris Martin me" at centre back.

O'Leary will be back. I hope and expect AW behind Conway and Wells, which is good.

Pearson should be picking Bentley and Massengo but won't of course.  We will get one of Jilliking (I literally can't distinguish between the three midfielders "Big Nige" brought in).

To be honest, I don't mind which team we play as long as Pearson hasn't picked them.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I'm expecting Pearson to pick King "I'm slower than Chris Martin me" at centre back.

O'Leary will be back. I hope and expect AW behind Conway and Wells, which is good.

Pearson should be picking Bentley and Massengo but won't of course.  We will get one of Jilliking (I literally can't distinguish between the three midfielders "Big Nige" brought in).

To be honest, I don't mind which team we play as long as Pearson hasn't picked them.

Why should he be picking Bentley? O’Leary not do enough to keep his place last week? ??

Embarrasing.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

O'Leary

Sykes     Vyner    Atkinson   Pring       

Williams    James                 

Scott                        Weimann                                   

Conway           Wells                 

Can't see Klose starting tbh and would like to see 2 defensive midfielders to protect the defence. 

JD and Semenyo dropped for me.      

I like that team and have wondered for a while why we haven't gone 442 (although with Tanner at RB, when available). For Saturday I would probably put JD at LB and Pring LM as he is more defensive minded than Weimann.

Would be no surprise to see Scott at RWB Saturday

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

I like that team and have wondered for a while why we haven't gone 442 (although with Tanner at RB, when available). For Saturday I would probably put JD at LB and Pring LM as he is more defensive minded than Weimann.

Yes I can see Scott at RWB Saturday . But such a waste of his talent there 

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Yes Tanner and/or Wilson fit at present would be handy . Mind a fit kalas and Naismith be equally as handy 

18 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Swap Weimann and Scott (Andi AM) and I think that’s what he’ll pick.

I think Vyner has done well this season, and I have been one if his biggest critics in the past. But I feel past couple of games he has shown he is better off central. Which unfortunately leads to  Scott RWB which Is not getting the best out of Scott's talents. It is a problem for NP. When are Tanner and Wilson gong to fit ?  Yes weiman can do RWB but again it's a player out of best effecting position.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Because Bentley is the better keeper in a lot of peoples opinions. Having a different one to you doesn’t make it embarrassing.

So you’re seriously also suggesting that we drop O’Leary after last week, yeah?

Or does being man of the match by a mile then not mean anything?

You do realise that it was Bajic in goal on Tuesday?

I get that people are disappointed, I was there in midweek, it was effing rubbish, but randomly dropping the bloke who played out of his skin then is just madness, not “opinion”.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So you’re seriously also suggesting that we drop O’Leary after last week, yeah?

Or does being man of the match by a mile then not mean anything?

You do realise that it was Bajic in goal on Tuesday?

I get that people are disappointed, I was there in midweek, it was effing rubbish, but randomly dropping the bloke who played out of his skin then is just madness, not “opinion”.

I just think your original response to the poster could’ve ended after you asked the question.

I think it would be harsh to drop O’Leary after playing well, so I would probably keep him in goal personally.

But overall I think Bentley is the better goalkeeper of the two of them & shouldn’t have been dropped in the first place. 

I'm not saying we would definitely be better but hear me out ..... last season Dasilva did okay playing rwb  and  Williams has played at cb ... vyner did play his best in the centre of a 3 , Whilst williams is capable of bringing it out .

So something like:-

O leary 

Williams Vyner Atkinson 

Dasilva                                     Pring 

James    Scott 

Weimann

Conway     Wells 

• Hmmm 1