IGNORED

Penalties…what can we do?

Harry

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Bored with this , I like discussions where I might be right or wrong and not get into childish name calling ?

My bit was taken from the same site , and in my opinion was dangerous/reckless . Even by your choice of law, it says indirect free kick and studs up at head height I still say is dangerous. As I said before, goals have been disallowed for dangerous play so it is clearly an offence.

To finish, I've been on a Referee forum and this same thing was mentioned. The result was ...

It all depends on whether there is contact or not. Contact = Penalty, No contact = Indirect Free Kick 

And a booking. 

My original post was whether there was contact. No contact no pen. 
As I just said in a previous post. It’s one of those huge grey areas. If it’s given for you, you agree. If it’s against you you’re saying it’s an awful decision 

4 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Wouldn't surprise me to learn we have the highest TIB/Pen ratio in the whole of the English League, possibly Europe, or worse still, the entire world.

There aren't stats for touches in the box in League One and League Two - but on one of the prior pages I shared the stat for Championship + Europe's Big 5 Leagues (108 teams) and since the start of last season our ratio of touches in the box to penalties is the highest - that's us at the very bottom right.....

TIB_pen_Euro.thumb.png.ae32ea71932579bb1ec24b66b412999d.png

Edited by Olé
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Olé said:

There aren't stats for touches in the box in League One and League Two - but on one of the prior pages I shared the stat for Championship + Europe's Big 5 Leagues (108 teams) and since the start of last season our ratio of touches in the box to penalties is the highest - that's us at the very bottom right.....

TIB_pen_Euro.thumb.png.9a50b8097636f7e8c8fcf4015a726cff.png

Which one are we mate?

I know we have had two this season and I know different leagues and I know VAR however but who knew midtable sides got so many.

Another penalty goal for Mitrovic today, that's penalty number 8 for Fulham in the PL this season. Brentford have had the same.

Do the chance creation numbers on show really warrant that number of penalties. They are two decent midtable sides who can play quite nice football but come on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous