IGNORED

What if we lose to Rotherham?

BCFCGav

1 hour ago, Offside said:

I know what you mean, my choice of wording wasn’t great. I don’t think we have a right to beat anyone, as our league position over the last couple of seasons shows. By “teams like” I meant sides who haven’t got loads of money who we should be able to compete against, when actually we have played really badly. If only we could put in performances like yesterday and Sheff Utd against mid table sides we’d not be so close to the relegation zone. 

Totally get that yeah, don't disagree either.

We might still have dropped points in some of those games but play like we did vs Sheffield United, yesterday and even v Swansea in a lot of ways and we would have more points I'm sure.

Our point v Coventry at the time was a bit of two dropped, now doesn't look so bad- they are now absolutely flying form wise in recent weeks. They were always in a bit of a false position I thought, but I digress more consistency of baseline performance- and this is really important for me, the baseline performance that we have seen in some of these games where we were so flat or felt like we were asleep and we would IMO have more points.

Plus when I refer to baseline performance, I don't just mean technically or shots wise but teamwork, cohesiveness, energy and endeavour. We really need that every match as a starting point.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

However it compares with previous seasons, 8 points from playoffs to relegation at close to halfway, feels reasonably tight. Seems as if we’re playing a bit of whack-a-mole between attacking and defensive success, maybe because of Naismith increasing likelihood of goals at both ends (so far at least). Think perfect scenario (albeit optimistic) would be decent money in Jan for Semenyo and maybe a couple of others off the payroll and then spend some money bringing the bench/squad up a level. Less dreamy would be mega bucks for Scott. Given we’ve not done well against some of the middling teams, but played better against higher quality (even if not winning), would be tempted to persist with 3 in midfield as standard - James in front will also help provide balance when Naismith is back. Whatever happens against Rotherham, I’d persist with NP, as becoming increasingly clear what the problem is (squad depth) and that’s something to try to support the manager with (finances notwithstanding), not change the manager (unless Elon Musk agrees to be manager and pay us £10m a day for the privilege). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaveF said:

We haven't scored twice in 12 league games?

We've scored twice in 5 league games after the 2-0 win at West Brom.

We have conceded 5 in 5 which is an improvement.

We haven't been playing that badly on the whole in the league, we're creating chances and the goals will come again.

Since 14th Sept we have played 14games; L8, D4 and W2 playing great/bad/rubbish or whatever football that is a poor run in any ones book :dunno:most are looking up in hope, while ignoring whats behind us.

8 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Since 14th Sept we have played 14games; L8, D4 and W2 playing great/bad/rubbish or whatever football that is a poor run in any ones book :dunno:most are looking up in hope, while ignoring whats behind us.

No most can see we have played very well against 3 of the top sides and unlucky not to have beaten all 3

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

However it compares with previous seasons, 8 points from playoffs to relegation at close to halfway, feels reasonably tight.

It's incredibly tight this season. 

Normally there's one or two teams on 2 points per game, this season there's none.

Normally there's 4 or 5 on less than 1 point per game, currently there's only one, and even Huddersfield have 0.95 ppg.

So very very contracted.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Don`t you ever get bored with posting the same old stuff on virtually every thread like we are unaware of it or something?

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, gl2 said:

And we played some of the best football we've seen in years before that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gl2 said:

10 minutes ago, DaveF said:

And we played some of the best football we've seen in years before that.

dont disagree with that, you must also agree also that our recent points tally is not great in fact relegation form; playing like world beaters will mean jackshit if we dont convert dominance into points pretty soon.

Edited by gl2

24 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

No most can see we have played very well against 3 of the top sides and unlucky not to have beaten all 3

and if we dont add points to playing well soon it could cost us dear.

"unlucky" teams get relegated regular point scoring ones dont. Look 2 wins from 14 games cannot continue like that or we will be playing the gas next year.

28 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Well said

Has posted the same stat about a dozen times on various threads

Yawwwwwwwwwn

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Don`t you ever get bored with posting the same old stuff on virtually every thread like we are unaware of it or something?

ok I am so sorry, please forgive me, have a nice xmas/new year :sub:

21 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Who exactly can you bring in who will get anything better out of these players with no money available? I think Pearson is doing ok overall and actually we haven’t really had the rub of the green lately. Outplayed SU and Watford yet got 1 point. 

Oh well if we’re in the bottom 3 at the turn of the year let’s all just shrug our shoulders and believe that Pearson is the best we can hope for. 

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

dont disagree with that, you must also agree also that our recent points tally is not great in fact relegation form; playing like world beaters will mean jackshit if we dont convert dominance into points pretty soon.

Football is full of teams where many fans of those teams believe them too good to be relegated. 

31 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Oh well if we’re in the bottom 3 at the turn of the year let’s all just shrug our shoulders and believe that Pearson is the best we can hope for. 

…and if we aren’t in the bottom three (currently 18th btw) what is your opinion then?  That he is the right choice?

I think it’s clear you ain’t a Pearson fan (and that’s fine), so why come up with scenarios, just say you’d rather he wasn’t here.  It doesn’t need “if this” and “if that” for you really does it? 

Thats not me having a go at you, it’s just your view on Nige is pretty clear, just come out and say it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This is a ******* weird thread.

We don’t play again for 4 weeks so we should sack Pearson now because of the possibility we might lose that game?

Is that really what is being suggested?

Even by OTIB standards this is odd.

There are some dipshits on here that just want NP gone. NP is going nowhere, most know that. Just ignore the same old numb skulls on OTIB that just don’t understand the last 3 years mismanagement issues at AG.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

That isn’t what I said. He isn’t immune from criticism. In fact I was annoyed at his team selection on Tuesday and he should have taken the blame for it. But we have to be realistic at the same time currently. Gone are the days when we could spend  money and improve the situation that way. Whoever comes in will have exactly the same challenges and problems Pearson faces with a paper thin squad and no money to spend. I don’t believe there is someone out there who, on our budget, we can attract who will magically make the situation better.

Actually I think Pearson is playing quite a tough role of laying down foundations with the playing of many youth players.

Relegation is clearly unacceptable for us but I back us to be ok based on his record to date and the way the team have played in many games lately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

That isn’t what I said. He isn’t immune from criticism. In fact I was annoyed at his team selection on Tuesday and he should have taken the blame for it. But we have to be realistic at the same time currently. Gone are the days when we could spend  money and improve the situation that way. Whoever comes in will have exactly the same challenges and problems Pearson faces with a paper thin squad and no money to spend. I don’t believe there is someone out there who, on our budget, we can attract who will magically make the situation better.

Actually I think Pearson is playing quite a tough role of laying down foundations with the playing of many youth players.

Relegation is clearly unacceptable for us but I back us to be ok based on his record to date and the way the team have played in many games lately. 

Dare I say wishful thinking. 2wins and just 11 goals in the last 13 games with 10 points from the last 39 would suggest otherwise. What do you think will change to improve Pearsons win ratio?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

…and if we aren’t in the bottom three (currently 18th btw) what is your opinion then?  That he is the right choice?

I think it’s clear you ain’t a Pearson fan (and that’s fine), so why come up with scenarios, just say you’d rather he wasn’t here.  It doesn’t need “if this” and “if that” for you really does it? 

Thats not me having a go at you, it’s just your view on Nige is pretty clear, just come out and say it.

Dave I desperately want Pearson to be a successful City manager. Why the hell should I want anything different. Trouble is his record suggests otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Dave I desperately want Pearson to be a successful City manager. Why the hell should I want anything different. Trouble is his record suggests otherwise. 

Yes, but you don’t think he will (in terms of your definition of success), do you?

As I said that’s fine. 

13 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Dare I say wishful thinking. 2wins and just 11 goals in the last 13 games with 10 points from the last 39 would suggest otherwise. What do you think will change to improve Pearsons win ratio?

Well given when we had everyone fit we were doing well and Pearson has a good track record - plenty to suggest we will be ok. As I said, we have been pretty unlucky lately and carry on playing like we have that will turn.