IGNORED

What if we lose to Rotherham?

BCFCGav

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Forgive me for a negative post. I was really upset by Tuesday, the Carabao is wide open this year with many big teams drawing one another. Good opportunity for a club of our calibre to try and do something great. But we fielded a poor side and played awful, and for me it was Pearson’s last straw.

We all know about his awful win rate. We all know about our seemingly ‘unsolvable’ defensive frailties. We all know about his ‘bombing out’ of players off one bad game (Pring, Massengo, so unnecessary). 

Looks like we’re sticking with him… so what if we lose to Rotherham? Is that the last straw? Because his replacement then has 3 days to prepare for his first match rather than 3 weeks. He should go now. Financial restrictions due to Ashton’s negligence mean our squad is thin, but is it one point above relegation in quality? No it’s not. So the problem for me lies with the manager.

Howpfully many of you will have seen my many posts on this forum and know I’m not a doom merchant or a knee-jerk nay sayer. I just truly believe Pearson’s removal is now in the best interest of the club. 

COYR.

Our defensive frailties - we've actually only conceded 7 in 7 league games. And we are playing a right back an attacking midfielder and a left wing back as our three centre backs.

Pring was dropped due to injury plus 3 occasions where at the end of a game he lost the ball resulting in an opposition goal rather than being smart and keeping possession. He's played in the last half a dozen league games. Massengo will not sign a new contract. Who should he come in for? Scott? Best player we have. Williams? Today showed what a tenacious midfielder he is and has seemingly got over his injury/fitness issues. James? He was excellent today and with the other two to carry his mobility, his calmness and passing are much improved.

The way we played against Swansea, Sheff Utd and Watford deserved a win in all three games and I don't think anyone can really argue the performances deserved that.

That would have given us and extra 7 points and we'd be sat either 6th or 7th going into Xmas.

Our next 3 games are against 16th, 17th and 21st. Certainly winnable, although West From might be a different prospect.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

2 wins from 14. We did play well today. We played well against Sheff U as well. 1 point to show for both games. If I’m wrong, and 1 win in 7 is the level of these players I’ll hold my hands up. I just think they’re better that that. 

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Melt down on here.

From some..

As for this… I adore this club with every inch of my being. We win and I’m elated for days. It’s a rare feeling at the moment! 

7 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

2 wins from 14. We did play well today. We played well against Sheff U as well. 1 point to show for both games. If I’m wrong, and 1 win in 7 is the level of these players I’ll hold my hands up. I just think they’re better that that. 

As for this… I adore this club with every inch of my being. We win and I’m elated for days. It’s a rare feeling at the moment! 

The Swansea result was fair, Sheffield United we were robbed, and today we were also the better team and had the better chances. 2 points from 9 is not great at home, but those performances against some of the less good teams in this division would have resulted in wins. The bigger concern is our inconsistency and poor displays against teams like Birmingham and Reading. However after the World Cup break we have a run of games that are eminently winnable and if we can’t get results from those then we should start to worry.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Forgive me for a negative post. I was really upset by Tuesday, the Carabao is wide open this year with many big teams drawing one another. Good opportunity for a club of our calibre to try and do something great. But we fielded a poor side and played awful, and for me it was Pearson’s last straw.

We all know about his awful win rate. We all know about our seemingly ‘unsolvable’ defensive frailties. We all know about his ‘bombing out’ of players off one bad game (Pring, Massengo, so unnecessary). 

Looks like we’re sticking with him… so what if we lose to Rotherham? Is that the last straw? Because his replacement then has 3 days to prepare for his first match rather than 3 weeks. He should go now. Financial restrictions due to Ashton’s negligence mean our squad is thin, but is it one point above relegation in quality? No it’s not. So the problem for me lies with the manager.

Howpfully many of you will have seen my many posts on this forum and know I’m not a doom merchant or a knee-jerk nay sayer. I just truly believe Pearson’s removal is now in the best interest of the club. 

COYR.

That's the spirit

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

yep- that's how I feel too... wish I didn't, I have other shite in my life to deal with but I just cant shake it off. During the match I was thinking about Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby- the joy and curse of loving your team - albeit that Arsenal  have got a slightly better record than us.

As for Nige- on balance I think he should move on but I can't say that with utter conviction. It's a bit like when you have a girlfriend and it's o.k. - there are benefits but you just don'r think the relationship is going anywhere. Something like that anyways.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
second thought

47 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Who exactly can you bring in who will get anything better out of these players with no money available? I think Pearson is doing ok overall and actually we haven’t really had the rub of the green lately. Outplayed SU and Watford yet got 1 point. 

Indeed. We should and could have quite easily beaten SU Watford and Swansea at home and that would have the table looking an awful lot different. We Played really well in all those 3 games.

Pearson is doing fine for me under the circumstances. The defending finally seems to be improving aswell which was my main concern.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

So you admit we played well in our last two home games but you want the manager to be sacked? Tough crowd 

6 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Think I might start 2 threads. 

'What if we win against Rotherham?' and 'What if we draw against Rotherham?'.

Clearly, all the potential outcomes of a game in 4 weeks time need to be debated

What if Rotherham is abandoned?

40 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

So you admit we played well in our last two home games but you want the manager to be sacked? Tough crowd 

Yea absolutely. We play well against good sides and take barely any points. We play crap against bad teams and take barely any points. That’s taken us from 8th to 1 point off the drop. 

Edited by BCFCGav

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This is a ******* weird thread.

We don’t play again for 4 weeks so we should sack Pearson now because of the possibility we might lose that game?

Is that really what is being suggested?

Even by OTIB standards this is odd.

No you’ve misunderstood. The point is we’re one point above the drop and there is now a rare opportunity to make an in-season change that allows a new manager a ‘pre-season’. The Rotherham game is being used as a marker, ie could we rue not using this opportunity if things stay bad. 

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1