IGNORED

What if we lose to Rotherham?

BCFCGav

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

No you’ve misunderstood. The point is we’re one point above the drop and there is now a rare opportunity to make an in-season change that allows a new manager a ‘pre-season’. The Rotherham game is being used as a marker, ie could we rue not using this opportunity if things stay bad. 

Why can’t our current manager give them a ‘pre-season’?

9 minutes ago, glynriley said:

On the day we kept a clean sheet?

Give yer head a wobble 

In our last 4 league games we have let 3 goals.

Clearly we’re going through a spell when we’re not scoring many but considering we are currently without Naismith, Kalas, Tanner & Wilson, I’d say that was hardly calamitous.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TomF said:

What if we win? 

Then the whiners will have to hold for a week

Are we getting this s***e type of op  every ******* week ?

* Feel free to correct me @BCFCGav- but you were clear about ‘Pearson in’ only a fortnight or so ago , were you not ?

Pearson in ......Pearson in..........oooooh ....mid season ......we are nearly in the bottom 3..........(turn into wobbling jelly)  .....Pearson out 

4 consecutive decent performances in Championship with patched up teams , albeit an unfair points return , and its time to sack Pearson......jeeeeez

Or is it toys out the pram because of the crap Lincoln performance and result  ?  - a competition a lot of players clearly struggle to get up for (Look at results every round , every season) 

I suggest if you are really upset about that , it’s the players you should be p****d off with

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, grifty said:

Our defensive frailties - we've actually only conceded 7 in 7 league games. And we are playing a right back an attacking midfielder and a left wing back as our three centre backs.

Pring was dropped due to injury plus 3 occasions where at the end of a game he lost the ball resulting in an opposition goal rather than being smart and keeping possession. He's played in the last half a dozen league games. Massengo will not sign a new contract. Who should he come in for? Scott? Best player we have. Williams? Today showed what a tenacious midfielder he is and has seemingly got over his injury/fitness issues. James? He was excellent today and with the other two to carry his mobility, his calmness and passing are much improved.

The way we played against Swansea, Sheff Utd and Watford deserved a win in all three games and I don't think anyone can really argue the performances deserved that.

That would have given us and extra 7 points and we'd be sat either 6th or 7th going into Xmas.

Our next 3 games are against 16th, 17th and 21st. Certainly winnable, although West From might be a different prospect.

I'd argue the Swansea game being a draw was fair although I mostly agree on your post.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Forgive me for a negative post. I was really upset by Tuesday, the Carabao is wide open this year with many big teams drawing one another. Good opportunity for a club of our calibre to try and do something great. But we fielded a poor side and played awful, and for me it was Pearson’s last straw.

We all know about his awful win rate. We all know about our seemingly ‘unsolvable’ defensive frailties. We all know about his ‘bombing out’ of players off one bad game (Pring, Massengo, so unnecessary). 

Looks like we’re sticking with him… so what if we lose to Rotherham? Is that the last straw? Because his replacement then has 3 days to prepare for his first match rather than 3 weeks. He should go now. Financial restrictions due to Ashton’s negligence mean our squad is thin, but is it one point above relegation in quality? No it’s not. So the problem for me lies with the manager.

Howpfully many of you will have seen my many posts on this forum and know I’m not a doom merchant or a knee-jerk nay sayer. I just truly believe Pearson’s removal is now in the best interest of the club. 

COYR.

I'll ask mummy to pop up & change the sheets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The last few games , I feel like the elephant in the room is slowly growing.

You know that sign of a promotion team is how they pick up points playing badly. Well right now city aren't picking up wins playing well.(in my opinion one of the worst feelings in sport)

A relegation dog fight is right there, 

We've gone from a team who scored for fun but conceded far too many ,to a team who have scored twice in 12 league games.

Performances are nice , and yes normally results follow, but they need to follow soon.

Right now - performance wise it shows what the team is. A mix of good and bad. Never knowing which is coming in any half. 

Really hope those first 3 or 4 games come out flying, failing that just win ugly. Points on board is all that matters. (obviously)

Edited by The turtle
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, The turtle said:

You know that sign of a promotion team is how they pick up points playing badly. Well right now city aren't picking up wins playing well.(in my opinion one of the worst feelings in sport)

We've gone from a team who scored for fun but conceded far too many ,to a team who have scored twice in 12 league games.

Performances are nice , and yes normally results follow, but they need to follow soon.

Right now - performance wise it shows what the team is. A mix of good and bad. Never knowing which is coming in any half. 

Really hope those first 3 or 4 games come out flying, failing that just win ugly. Points on board is all that matters. (obviously)

We haven't scored twice in 12 league games?

We've scored twice in 5 league games after the 2-0 win at West Brom.

We have conceded 5 in 5 which is an improvement.

We haven't been playing that badly on the whole in the league, we're creating chances and the goals will come again.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, DaveF said:

We haven't scored twice in 12 league games?

We've scored twice in 5 league games after the 2-0 win at West Brom.

We have conceded 5 in 5 which is an improvement.

We haven't been playing that badly on the whole in the league, we're creating chances and the goals will come again.

Poorly phrased 

I meant , scored more than 1 goal twice in 12 games (Preston , wba)

14 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Forgive me for a negative post. I was really upset by Tuesday, the Carabao is wide open this year with many big teams drawing one another. Good opportunity for a club of our calibre to try and do something great. But we fielded a poor side and played awful, and for me it was Pearson’s last straw.

We all know about his awful win rate. We all know about our seemingly ‘unsolvable’ defensive frailties. We all know about his ‘bombing out’ of players off one bad game (Pring, Massengo, so unnecessary). 

Looks like we’re sticking with him… so what if we lose to Rotherham? Is that the last straw? Because his replacement then has 3 days to prepare for his first match rather than 3 weeks. He should go now. Financial restrictions due to Ashton’s negligence mean our squad is thin, but is it one point above relegation in quality? No it’s not. So the problem for me lies with the manager.

Howpfully many of you will have seen my many posts on this forum and know I’m not a doom merchant or a knee-jerk nay sayer. I just truly believe Pearson’s removal is now in the best interest of the club. 

COYR.

Why should he go now? 

Lincoln game aside, in our last 3 home games, Watford, Sheffield Utd and Swansea, all top teams, we've been the better team and should have won them all bar some poor finishing and poor refereeing decisions. 

Surely, if we play like we did yesterday in every game then you would be happy? Cos that was a top performance. With not a natural CB playing CB. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

No you’ve misunderstood. The point is we’re one point above the drop and there is now a rare opportunity to make an in-season change that allows a new manager a ‘pre-season’. The Rotherham game is being used as a marker, ie could we rue not using this opportunity if things stay bad. 

I think this is bizarre. We played really well yesterday. And you want to sack a manager in the hope a new manager can replicate the performance we had yesterday? What's the point? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, The turtle said:

This has been what’s worrying me too. We are currently finding wins so hard to come by, even when we play well. 

The thing that’s really been costing us, though, is poor performances against teams like Millwall and Birmingham. 

4 minutes ago, Offside said:

This has been what’s worrying me too. We are currently finding wins so hard to come by, even when we play well. 

The thing that’s really been costing us, though, is poor performances against teams like Millwall and Birmingham. 

"Teams like" is a bit of a hmm, for me. Sides who have finished above us or similar in recent times.

All the same agree to some extent as these games weren't just poor but inexplicably so. Birmingham away, Reading away and a lot of Millwall at home we were so bad...defensive errors, barely any shots and more worryingly asleep, lethargic- or it felt like that anyway.

Parts of QPR at home 1at half too, 2nd half was much more like it.

2 wins from 14. We did play well today. We played well against Sheff U as well. 1 point to show for both games. If I’m wrong, and 1 win in 7 is the level of these players I’ll hold my hands up. I just think they’re better that that. 

As for this… I adore this club with every inch of my being. We win and I’m elated for days. It’s a rare feeling at the moment! 

Let’s be fair it’s a good point to make, many other managers with this poor return from last 14 games, or indeed his overall win rate since being with us is around 25%, are both valid reasons for sacking. We are in a results based business and the table dosnt lie.

BUT like many others im looking at the bigger picture with City, to coin a Pearson phrase “I don’t like the Scatter Gun approach” and happy to give 1 proven manager a good amount of time to address issues on and off the pitch. 

I understand many peoples negatives thoughts about Pearson, but personally I think we are in better hands with him till end of seaon, unless results get that bad we are really in trouble, but I don’t see that happening especially with performances like yesterday  

Edited by brad blit
  • Like 2

COYR.

Sorry, but have to say this, but if we were having a vote for the daftest post in the first half of the season, this would have to be a very strong candidate!  So you’re actually asking if we should sack a manager, just in case we lose the next match???

The number of people who have it in for NP is baffling, considering the pedigree of manager we normally go for and the mess this one has to vlear up.  That discussion has been done to death though, so let’s just look at the following important point.

There are whispers that we may get through FFP by the skin of our teeth.  If this is the case, what if the costs of bringing in a new manager and their associated coaching team pushes us over the edge and we fall foul of FFP after all?

If that actually happened, would you be confident that the new team could accumulate the additional points compared to NP to compensate for the points deduction we’d probably get??

I know this is all iff’s and but’s, but you started that with your original post!!!

• Like 5

So I get the impression people generally disagree with my sentiments. That’s fine, forums are for debates. I think I could’ve been clearer in my op, I don’t want to see him go in case we lose our next game, I’m querying if now is the best time if it’s something SL is considering. Tuesday really wound me up and that came through, but of course if he’s still the man in charge I’ll be backing him and our club against Rotherham as heartily as the rest of us. Now let me get on with my Sunday without the pelters please ?

Edited by BCFCGav
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

29 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Sorry, but have to say this, but if we were having a vote for the daftest post in the first half of the season, this would have to be a very strong candidate!  So you’re actually asking if we should sack a manager, just in case we lose the next match???

The number of people who have it in for NP is baffling, considering the pedigree of manager we normally go for and the mess this one has to vlear up.  That discussion has been done to death though, so let’s just look at the following important point.

There are whispers that we may get through FFP by the skin of our teeth.  If this is the case, what if the costs of bringing in a new manager and their associated coaching team pushes us over the edge and we fall foul of FFP after all?

If that actually happened, would you be confident that the new team could accumulate the additional points compared to NP to compensate for the points deduction we’d probably get??

I know this is all iff’s and but’s, but you started that with your original post!!!

Stop it with your rational posts.

Obvious that we are in a difficult financial situation and it seems likely that this is the most difficult year.  

Whoever is the manager over the summer will have leeway to sign players, but we won't be signing any more than 2 or 3 proven championship players plus a few more Sykes type signings. 

I trust Pearson to guide us through this. It is obviously an extremely competitive division with very little separating teams. However, the rest of the season looks less taxing.  There are far less evening games meaning less tired players. 

It seems to me that one of his weak points is managing the heavier workloads and this is because he doesn't like rotation.  He is therefore more reactive when changing sides.  This will be less of an issue for the rest of the season.  We've got 5 out of 25 league games midweek, whereas we've already had 7 out of 21 midweek so far.  It is time for holding our nerve, making sure the players are well rested and fit and we will be fine.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

COYR.

What if?  What if?  What if?  What if?  FFS........what a ridiculous post.  What if during the WC break we sign the first ever Alien footballer from the planet Zirgo?  Who is eight foot tall with two heads..............might have trouble registering him though?   What if?  What if?

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

"Teams like" is a bit of a hmm, for me. Sides who have finished above us or similar in recent times.

All the same agree to some extent as these games weren't just poor but inexplicably so. Birmingham away, Reading away and a lot of Millwall at home we were so bad...defensive errors, barely any shots and more worryingly asleep, lethargic- or it felt like that anyway.

Parts of QPR at home 1at half too, 2nd half was much more like it.

I know what you mean, my choice of wording wasn’t great. I don’t think we have a right to beat anyone, as our league position over the last couple of seasons shows. By “teams like” I meant sides who haven’t got loads of money who we should be able to compete against, when actually we have played really badly. If only we could put in performances like yesterday and Sheff Utd against mid table sides we’d not be so close to the relegation zone. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Stop it with your rational posts.

Obvious that we are in a difficult financial situation and it seems likely that this is the most difficult year.  

Whoever is the manager over the summer will have leeway to sign players, but we won't be signing any more than 2 or 3 proven championship players plus a few more Sykes type signings. 

I trust Pearson to guide us through this. It is obviously an extremely competitive division with very little separating teams. However, the rest of the season looks less taxing.  There are far less evening games meaning less tired players. 

It seems to me that one of his weak points is managing the heavier workloads and this is because he doesn't like rotation.  He is therefore more reactive when changing sides.  This will be less of an issue for the rest of the season.  We've got 5 out of 25 league games midweek, whereas we've already had 7 out of 21 midweek so far.  It is time for holding our nerve, making sure the players are well rested and fit and we will be fine.

Totally agree.  
We’ve been stuck with a small squad and that’s been severely tested with injuries and the understandable inconsistent form of some of the younger players.  

Anyone  expecting more than an roller-coaster of a season in this unforgiving division really needs to have a stern word with themselves.

A totally different situation if we see a repeat next season, with more freedom in terms of recruitment.  That’s when I reckon NP should really be judged.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

So I get the impression people generally disagree with my sentiments. That’s fine, forums are for debates. I think I could’ve been clearer in my op, I don’t want to see him go in case we lose our next game, I’m querying if now is the best time if it’s something SL is considering. Tuesday really wound me up and that came through, but of course if he’s still the man in charge I’ll be backing him and our club against Rotherham as heartily as the rest of us. Now let me get on with my Sunday without the pelters please ?

One way that could be positive is as someone pointed out to me yesterday we now have one away game in nearly seven weeks, Rotherham away , so perhaps we can get as many up there as possible , a few of us definitely going so would be good to see a decent turnout there