IGNORED

What I am Dreading Over the Next Month

Port Said Red

23 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Probably popular because it's one of the things the parping clowns of the England band can play. The talentless c**ts

Wonder what became of the band we had up in (H block was it?) - They're probably doing the football-supporters-band equivalent of one of those reunion tours that are popular at holiday parks like Butlins.

On the bill, T'Pau, Kagagoogoo, Modern Romance, one of the original members of Bucks Fizz and the H-block band from the Atyeo stand. 

I'd sign up. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Sweet ******* Caroline!

Maybe it's just me, but it's being played to death, have DJ's got shares in Neil Diamond's estate? 

Every sporting event, even the cricket in Australia, every act on the stage in our fan zone, any bloody excuse it's on. 

It used to be Three Lions, but I could take that partly because at least the song is relevant to football.

Is it just me?

Definitely not just you, drives me insane.

It's bloody everywhere....

front_en.3.full.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

As much as I'm not a fan of Sweet Caroline and don't believe it has any place in football; I'll take that over the South African Vuvuzela which pretty much ruined an entire tournament. 

Should you ever want to recreate the Vuvuzela sound, just place a woman in each corner of the room, and ask them how their day was.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder what became of the band we had up in (H block was it?) - They're probably doing the football-supporters-band equivalent of one of those reunion tours that are popular at holiday parks like Butlins.

On the bill, T'Pau, Kagagoogoo, Modern Romance, one of the original members of Bucks Fizz and the H-block band from the Atyeo stand. 

I'd sign up. 

Only got 1 drumstick though

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd sign up. 

Someone nicked the drummer’s drumstick and that was the end of it.

4 hours ago, North London Red said:

In terms of the England football team, it was played at full time after the Germany game at the Euros last summer. I don't recall it being played at an England game before then, but whoever was in charge of the Wembley PA then decided to play it again just before the teams came out for the semi-final against Denmark, at full time after the semi-final, and again before the teams came out for the final against Italy. 

At £11 for a can of Budweiser I strongly suspect many fans in Qatar won't be drunk at all!

Whoa! Is that a fact?, i had no idea.........so alcohol is against the Muslim Religion, unless you are loaded with cash?   Just about sums up the hypocrisy of it all?  Qatar?...what a joyful experience?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Whoa! Is that a fact?, i had no idea.........so alcohol is against the Muslim Religion, unless you are loaded with cash?   Just about sums up the hypocrisy of it all?  Qatar?...what a joyful experience?

Someone on the England fans' forum posted the other day that it is going to be QAR 50 for a can of Budweiser in the fan zones and at / outside the stadiums; there was a picture which appeared to confirm this. At current FX rates that's between £11 and £12 per can.

It might be possible to buy alcohol more cheaply in hotel bars; hopefully that will be the case, and hopefully it won't be Budweiser. I'll find out in a few days.

1 minute ago, North London Red said:

Someone on the England fans' forum posted the other day that it is going to be QAR 50 for a can of Budweiser in the fan zones and at / outside the stadiums; there was a picture which appeared to confirm this. At current FX rates that's between £11 and £12 per can.

It might be possible to buy alcohol more cheaply in hotel bars; hopefully that will be the case, and hopefully it won't be Budweiser. I'll find out in a few days.

Are u going?  If so, you are braver, or possibly richer than me?

Just now, maxjak said:

Are u going?  If so, you are braver, or possibly richer than me?

Yes, flying out at the weekend. It'll be my 6th world cup. Have got tickets for all of England's games for as long as England stay in, plus a few other group games including one of Ghana's (so might get to see Semenyo). 

I definitely won't be richer by the end of it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, North London Red said:

Yes, flying out at the weekend. It'll be my 6th world cup. Have got tickets for all of England's games for as long as England stay in, plus a few other group games including one of Ghana's (so might get to see Semenyo). 

Good Luck.........hope you have a great time, and an intereseting experience.  Take a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels with you?,  Then again, maybe not? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, it doesn’t feel like a football song to me.

Im more worried about Mrs F not realising that a few Saturday’s off of football isn’t setting a precedent.  She’s already booked Sat 17th Dec afternoon to see friends for pre-Xmas catch-up.  WTF!

Did you tell her to have a nice time dave? ?

6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Good Luck.........hope you have a great time, and an intereseting experience.  Take a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels with you?,  Then again, maybe not? 

That's not allowed, sadly! All luggage is scanned on entry to Qatar, and any alcohol would be confiscated. 

Only permanent residents of Qatar are allowed to buy takeaway alcohol from the (relatively few) shops with an alcohol licence. 

Alcohol will be available in the fan zones and at the stadiums, and in certain hotels, for consumption on the premises.

52 minutes ago, North London Red said:

That's not allowed, sadly! All luggage is scanned on entry to Qatar, and any alcohol would be confiscated. 

Only permanent residents of Qatar are allowed to buy takeaway alcohol from the (relatively few) shops with an alcohol licence. 

Alcohol will be available in the fan zones and at the stadiums, and in certain hotels, for consumption on the premises.

Thanks........i would love to be updated, if u have the time, as to your experiences, and how much you are being charged in the stadiums and fanzones for booze?   Best Wishes to you on your adventure., hope it all goes well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

Hi buddy heading out for the Wales game will be looking for somewhere to spend the day leading up to the game . We have red some hotels are letting day visitors in for a fee to use the pool get food ect. If you see any can you let me know please 

many thanks stick 

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

Have you got a Bristol City banner? 

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I hate to say it, but it is mysteriously popular though. When I DJ parties, I always get asked to play it. To my horror. 

It's like there is some sort of crappy PA system vortex impacting ALL things and ALL fans City, and guests can only enjoy a bit of the music so a sing-along is the only answer, we've all been touched by the Dolman PA curse, would go some way to why I keep missing flights.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Have you got a Bristol City banner? 

Let's hope not, eh? 

Why would we want our club connected in any way with this shameful tournament - it's just an exhibition in how immoral, corrupt and sordid football has become, surely? 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2