IGNORED

What I am Dreading Over the Next Month

Port Said Red

3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Hi buddy heading out for the Wales game will be looking for somewhere to spend the day leading up to the game . We have red some hotels are letting day visitors in for a fee to use the pool get food ect. If you see any can you let me know please 

many thanks stick 

Never been to Qatar but in Dubai this is standard practice in hotels that can sell alcohol and is extremely popular but is usually a weekend thing.

Obviously a different country and not during a major sporting event so the rules could be very different for either or both, of these reasons.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 15:53, maxjak said:

Good Luck.........hope you have a great time, and an intereseting experience.  Take a couple of bottles of Jack Daniels with you?,  Then again, maybe not? 

Sure fire way to get arrested. Alcohol can only be consumed in permitted areas (eg hotel bars)

On 14/11/2022 at 21:04, ScottishRed said:

Never been to Qatar but in Dubai this is standard practice in hotels that can sell alcohol and is extremely popular but is usually a weekend thing.

Obviously a different country and not during a major sporting event so the rules could be very different for either or both, of these reasons.

Same in Qatar. 

On 14/11/2022 at 15:44, North London Red said:

Someone on the England fans' forum posted the other day that it is going to be QAR 50 for a can of Budweiser in the fan zones and at / outside the stadiums; there was a picture which appeared to confirm this. At current FX rates that's between £11 and £12 per can.

It might be possible to buy alcohol more cheaply in hotel bars; hopefully that will be the case, and hopefully it won't be Budweiser. I'll find out in a few days.

Or you could just not drink? 

On 14/11/2022 at 03:25, Port Said Red said:

Sweet ******* Caroline!

Maybe it's just me, but it's being played to death, have DJ's got shares in Neil Diamond's estate? 

Every sporting event, even the cricket in Australia, every act on the stage in our fan zone, any bloody excuse it's on. 

It used to be Three Lions, but I could take that partly because at least the song is relevant to football.

Is it just me?

Dah dah dahh!

• Sad 1

On 14/11/2022 at 09:47, lenred said:

Similar situation.   The absolute glee with which my better half inspected the calendar over the weekend of the 10th and proclaimed ‘you don’t have a home game, so you can come to this family Christmas Party’ was quite unnerving ?

Run for your life !!!!!!

• Haha 2