IGNORED

What I am Dreading Over the Next Month

Port Said Red

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree, it doesn’t feel like a football song to me.

Im more worried about Mrs F not realising that a few Saturday’s off of football isn’t setting a precedent.  She’s already booked Sat 17th Dec afternoon to see friends for pre-Xmas catch-up.  WTF!

Similar situation.   The absolute glee with which my better half inspected the calendar over the weekend of the 10th and proclaimed ‘you don’t have a home game, so you can come to this family Christmas Party’ was quite unnerving ?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Im more worried about Mrs F not realising that a few Saturday’s off of football isn’t setting a precedent.  She’s already booked Sat 17th Dec afternoon to see friends for pre-Xmas catch-up.  WTF!

A shared pain, my 'free weekends' have been booked up way in advance by well meaning, socially misguided and frankly dull activities.

Should serve as a timely reminder that whilst the football doesn't always hit the mark in terms of commitment or entertainment value, it ain't no carol concert, music recital or the pinnacle... 'Thought we could go to Dunelm Mill, they usually have nice things' - which of course they don't. I only agree as it isn't Ikea. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

When did this dirge become "a thing" ? It just seems to creep into everything !

When they let someone who doesn't go to football have access to the DJ booth (probably) - no idea is the honest answer. 

What surprises me most, is that it's continued - you would expect that most people in stadiums for national games have a club side they follow and care about with a passion and I don't think I've ever met a genuine football fan who likes the song. But somehow it has crept into the national game and the game seems slow to try and rid itself of it. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Hey ho …

Silver bloody lining. 
I remember at Wembley v Stoke waiting for ‘ One for the Bristol City ‘ or ‘ Drink up thee Zider ‘ when they put this song on from nowhere. 
It really was a WTF moment for me. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hey ho …

Silver bloody lining. 
I remember at Wembley v Stoke waiting for ‘ One for the Bristol City ‘ or ‘ Drink up thee Zider ‘ when they put this song on from nowhere. 

My old man still moans about that to this day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Sweet ******* Caroline!

Maybe it's just me, but it's being played to death, have DJ's got shares in Neil Diamond's estate? 

Every sporting event, even the cricket in Australia, every act on the stage in our fan zone, any bloody excuse it's on. 

It used to be Three Lions, but I could take that partly because at least the song is relevant to football.

Is it just me?

I hate it, makes me cringe. “DA DA DAAAA”…..”SO GOOD SO GOOD SO GOOD

Arse chutney.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hey ho …

Silver bloody lining. 

Someone at the club had a real boner for that song. I remember a pre season friendly where it was played and the guy on the PA was trying to get the crowd involved. Presumably that was the Summer before our Wembley appearance against Stoke.

Embarrassing, pretty sure we had goal music at the time as well. See it wasn’t always better in the old days.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

They know what they are up to ...

32 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Hey ho …

Silver bloody lining. 

Was that not the same final where some suit wanted the City Cat (as was) to collect the trophy, should we win it?

Whilst it might not have been the World Cup, if you're a footballer and have earned the right to compete in any final at the most famous stadium in the world, and have amongst your peers been named captain, lifting a trophy there would be a career highlight - to have that stolen from you by someone in fancy dress would have been dreadful. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

In terms of the England football team, it was played at full time after the Germany game at the Euros last summer. I don't recall it being played at an England game before then, but whoever was in charge of the Wembley PA then decided to play it again just before the teams came out for the semi-final against Denmark, at full time after the semi-final, and again before the teams came out for the final against Italy. 

42 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Bout time they introduced a more appropriate song in keeping with the clientele?..................How''s about "Too drunk to  Pheck" by the Dead Kennedy's?

At £11 for a can of Budweiser I strongly suspect many fans in Qatar won't be drunk at all!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

A shared pain, my 'free weekends' have been booked up way in advance by well meaning, socially misguided and frankly dull activities.

Should serve as a timely reminder that whilst the football doesn't always hit the mark in terms of commitment or entertainment value, it ain't no carol concert, music recital or the pinnacle... 'Thought we could go to Dunelm Mill, they usually have nice things' - which of course they don't. I only agree as it isn't Ikea. 

I’ve ‘cleverly’ pointed out I’m not that interested in watching the World Cup bar the England matches and any tasty looking fixture which she was pleased with.

Little does she know I’ll be able to claim every game is tasty. “There’s a huge rivalry between South Korea and Senegal due to the 1874 war between them”.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

?

People can say what they like , about other issues , but following England through the 80s , 90s , we never had any of this ******

Maybe not...but we had all those god-awful "team anthems" where by virtue of reaching a World Cup or a FA Cup final it was deemed that a bunch of the most tone deaf people in the country were fit to record a song.

36 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Someone at the club had a real boner for that song. I remember a pre season friendly where it was played and the guy on the PA was trying to get the crowd involved. Presumably that was the Summer before our Wembley appearance against Stoke.

Embarrassing, pretty sure we had goal music at the time as well. See it wasn’t always better in the old days.

Was the goal music you refer to 'I feel good' by James Brown? I had forgotten all about that but having read your post that song comes to mind.

Just now, italian dave said:

Maybe not...but we had all those god-awful "team anthems" where by virtue of reaching a World Cup or a FA Cup final it was deemed that a bunch of the most tone deaf people in the country were fit to record a song.

"We're on our way, we are Ron's twenty two

Hear the roar, of the red, white and .... er, the red and white:

This time, more than any other time, this time

We're gonna find a way, find a way to get away

This time, getting it all together ..... "

Love that one. What number did it get to @British Steel?

Just now, Bristol Oil Services said:

"We're on our way, we are Ron's twenty two

Hear the roar, of the red, white and .... er, the red and white:

This time, more than any other time, this time

We're gonna find a way, find a way to get away

This time, getting it all together ..... "

Love that one. What number did it get to @British Steel?

Don't...don't ?