IGNORED

Lee Johnson

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ex - it’s my opinion that LJ was a bang average player largely carried by Marv, Hartley, Skuse and Noble. Stats mean nothing - I’m relaying what I actually saw. ……….:cool2:

Sweetheart.

As per your last post, you saw Paul Hartiey play for us in a season where he was romping round Celtic Park every other week and had never touched our kit.

Excuse me if, even setting your personal prejudices over the Johnson’s aside, you’re not the most reliable witness.

Or were you not only not able to hear on the Dolman that season, but you also couldn’t see the pitch?

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ex - it’s my opinion that LJ was a bang average player largely carried by Marv, Hartley, Skuse and Noble. Stats mean nothing - I’m relaying what I actually saw. ……….:cool2:

quantify bang average. Do you mean he was a bang average championship midfielder?

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

But don’t be surprised when others saw very different and importantly provide more than just opinion to back that up.

Surprised?       :)

It’s what I expect virtually all the time Dave.

Edited by Robbored

6 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

quantify bang average. Do you mean he was a bang average championship midfielder?

Not Championship standard imo. I think he’d have struggled to get into Bath Citys first 11 - unless his dad was manager of course.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 2

23 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And it's all about opinions.

It's just that some opinions are well balanced, some are bang average, and some are just shit.

??

Well they do say opinions are like arseholes.....everybody has one.

A certain poster even expresses the former through the latter ?

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Surprised?       :)

It’s what I expect virtually all the time Dave.

That's because you are usually either trolling or being deliberately obstinate in the face of facts,. The last few pages are testimony to that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Without being rude or critical, that probably sums up how you might watch a game…the focus on the end action, not what happened to get there.

Thats not a problem, we all watch games differently, and there is no right or wrong way to watch a game.

As much as there maybe was some nepotism between father and son, I still don’t think Gary would’ve picked his son as much as he did if it was detrimental.  He might have had some blinkers on, it might’ve influenced how his teams played, but his players would’ve soon let him know if they thought Lee was shit and not worthy of his place.

I’m very mixed on LJ, but as Silvio said, he was an integral part of a team that almost went up automatically.  I don’t think a team like Bristol City at that time could carry any player.

For all of us that like Cotts, you could draw a comparison with Wade Elliott in 15/16….we missed that player to do the simple stuff, to give and goes, keep the ball moving, etc.  LJ did that.

It is a player-type that most City / football fans under appreciate….yet so many pro managers have them in their teams.

What does that tell us?

Spot on post Dave and reflects my thoughts on LJ as a player, the role he played in that team that got to the play off final meant he was never a regular 8 or 9 out of ten stand out performer, but he kept possession very well and was extremely busy and hard working in the space between the final thirds

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Spot on post Dave and reflects my thoughts on LJ as a player, the role he played in that team that got to the play off final meant he was never a regular 8 or 9 out of ten stand out performer, but he kept possession very well and was extremely busy and hard working in the space between the final thirds

In my memory he tended to sit deep in the midfield, picking the ball up off the CBs and spreading it simply to get us moving. Not unlike, indeed, Skuse  and later, Pack. The occasional Hollywood diagonal went astray, but not that often.

At the time he got dogs abuse from many around me, which I didn’t understand. He wasn’t a star but he was a very dependable cog in the machine.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

In my memory he tended to sit deep in the midfield, picking the ball up off the CBs and spreading it simply to get us moving. Not unlike, indeed, Skuse  and later, Pack. The occasional Hollywood diagonal went astray, but not that often.

At the time he got dogs abuse from many around me, which I didn’t understand. He wasn’t a star but he was a very dependable cog in the machine.

Absolutely and I had the same sat around me as well 

• Like 1

On 05/06/2023 at 16:00, Davefevs said:

On transfer fees alone, but when you add in loan fees, the huge wage increase, etc….it starts to seriously undermine the “bollocks” that is “net spend”.  That’s not aimed at you btw, just generally “net spend” is a poor metric for deriving success in the transfer market.

Not forgetting marley watkins mustave been a brown envelope involved there

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Hmm……strange that I hardly remember him at all. To me he was anonymous. The players that I do remember clearly from that era are Marv, Noble, Hartley and the ever consistent Cole Skuse. Four excellent midfielders.

To me LJ wasn’t near any of them.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hmm……strange that I hardly remember him at all. To me he was anonymous. The players that I do remember clearly from that era are Marv, Noble, Hartley and the ever consistent Cole Skuse. Four excellent midfielders.

To me LJ wasn’t near any of them.

Very strange, since in the playoff season in question he made 40 appearances- far more than Skuse. And as has been pointed out, Hartley wasn’t even at BCFC then. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 27/07/2023 at 18:13, petehinton said:

Hibernian have just lost their ECL qualifier to a team from Andorra. Some Hibs fans on Twitter saying it’s the worst result in their modern history. Do a good thing, followed up something terrible, seems to sum up LJ’s managerial career. 

managed to turn it around tonight though

On 28/07/2023 at 16:36, Robbored said:

Although you willingly admit to not seeing what was being played in front of you.

Stats are accurate, your eyesight isn’t 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jose said:

Where the hell do you go after that joke of a league? 

Based on his post match press conferences, he could make a good career as a Stanley Unwin tribute act (one for the oldies)