IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

They always qualify for these things yet I never remember them doing anything interesting, except beating Spain when they were defending champions a few years ago.

There was still no urgency after they conceded. Hope Serbia beat them.

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

We scored 6 the other day.

Yeh, I know, but we tended to take too many touches v the US. It was a feature of England in Southgate's early days where his previous U21 stars played through and around teams with slick one touch passing. It needs everyone on the same tempo of course and investing lots of energy. I accept it is a tournament and teams have a dull game or 2 but we just need to be careful not to lose that ability to give it a go.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

They always qualify for these things yet I never remember them doing anything interesting, except beating Spain when they were defending champions a few years ago.

Pretty fun side to watch in the Euros last time..good technically certainly but never really had a good/prolific striker in the current era.

Yakin, Frei and Streller were quite good but they were weak in other areas then.

They also eliminated France in the Euros in 2021, 3-3 thriller!! Switzerland played a full role in that game.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The Uruguayan and Portuguese Managers appear to be wearing very similar suits, but somehow the Portuguese manager looks like he fell asleep on the coach for a couple of hours.

Well if he hadn't before then he has now.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Considering the amount of talent on the pitch, this has to be the worst game I have seen so far this tournament.

Absolutely dire.

Adverts are a highlight.

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 1