IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

8 minutes ago, Super said:

That's never a pen

Agree. He's falling so where is he meant to put his hand if he needs to break his fall?

Common sense is slowly being removed from the game by prescriptive instructions by administrators who have forgotten the maxim" if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Var absolutely pointless - I’d scrap it tomorrow. Adds nothing to the game. 99/100 fans will still think it wasn’t a penalty tomorrow so what’s the point 

I’ll be that 1 then. 

If you rashly ‘dive in’ for a tackle, particularly in the penalty box, you are not in control of your arms. If you deflect the ball with your hand to your team’s advantage - and it was a clear and significant advantage to the defender,  as the attacker was straight through on goal - then you run the risk of a penalty being awarded. 

Regards

Strikers Union

• Like 1

Saw final 15 of 1at half, all of 2nd.

Seemed pretty flat at 0-0, never Ronaldo's goal in 1st place. Penalty pretty soft...Uruguay seemed to get into it after that opener and the fame as a spectacle needed Portugal to get it IMO. Uruguay 0 goals but 3 times hit woodwork so far.

Semenyo's gametime ie fairly disappointing to date. Few mins and zero is it?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

17 minutes ago, RedRock said:

I’ll be that 1 then. 

If you rashly ‘dive in’ for a tackle, particularly in the penalty box, you are not in control of your arms. If you deflect the ball with your hand to your team’s advantage - and it was a clear and significant advantage to the defender,  as the attacker was straight through on goal - then you run the risk of a penalty being awarded. 

Regards

Strikers Union

I don’t even think he’s rashly dived in - he’s a defender, i think it’s a shocking decision made worse by the fact he can actually go and watch it again 

• Like 4

More details have emerged regarding the punishments FIFA threatened if team captains wore rainbow armbands.

In England's case, the threat was a yellow card for Kane if he'd worn the armband for the first game. However, had Kane worn the armband in subsequent games, then  Bailey Wright would get a 3 match ban!

:D

• Haha 1

I am probably going to get told to "lighten up" but does anyone else think that having a "totty cam" going around the crowds is something of an anachronism in this day and age? 

I thought even FIFA had moved on past this stuff with the way they are promoting the women's game.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am probably going to get told to "lighten up" but does anyone else think that having a "totty cam" going around the crowds is something of an anachronism in this day and age? 

I thought even FIFA had moved on past this stuff with the way they are promoting the women's game.

I'm surprised too with Qatar's treatment of women. I guess this is just an extension of that…

• Like 1