IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Watching England is a bit like watching City.

One good result and we all think the team are world beaters, promotion guaranteed.

Then a draw in a game we should have won, and we all make excuses - grass too long, Wrong players selected.

Then third game and we are back to worrying about relegation.

Can you get relegated in the world cup?.... 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone else think the pitch looks a bit rough? Pretty clearly visible lines in the turf and some patches starting to kick up.

Yes.  Looks nice on tv, but you see a close-up you see it’s coarse grass with bare patches.  Been watered so zippy but you can’t trust it.

We’ve played ok.  Wales have sat in, playing to their strengths, deny space in front of the back 4.  Probably needs a bit of one-touch or individual play to break them down.  But we don’t need to go mad.  We are through, top of the group.  Don’t give them any encouragement.

Foden done fine, Rashford too.

I’d like Walker to maybe overlap, same with Shaw, but there isn’t a huge need to change.  We created chances, not great ones, but other situations where we’ve not been good with that last pass / touch.

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They've gone in to half time at 0-0. 

Pretty good job from them so far. 

Only need the one chance to score a goal. 

They need more than one, awful from them if they’re putting all their hopes on another result.

Wales are absolutely dreadful, but we can’t break down these bad teams. 

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

England are through unless we lose 0-4. Why all the cagey,negative keep ball? We've no chance of going out and should be far more adventurous than just winning on the % possession stats for goodness sake.

Two words... Well, one name beginning with Gareth 

Edited by AppyDAZE

7 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They really don't. 

Anything could happen in second half. Red card for England. Quick counter from Wales. 

If I was Welsh I'd be delighted with that and half fancy our chances of nicking the win. 

Great plan that

Just a bit of a problem if theres a winner in the other game 

Your thinking is definitely of a Welsh level

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

They need more than one, awful from them if they’re putting all their hopes on another result.

Wales are absolutely dreadful, but we can’t break down these bad teams. 

They will not get 4 goals. 

If they played in a way to get 4 goals then they'd probably be on the end of a 4-0 defeat themselves. That's football. 

Quite likely that USA and Iran could be a draw. 

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They really don't. 

Anything could happen in second half. Red card for England. Quick counter from Wales. 

If I was Welsh I'd be delighted with that and half fancy our chances of nicking the win. 

Draw 0-0 and finish bottom of the group, or be more adventurous and try and beat England and have that as your highlight as you won’t qualify again for 50 years? Know what I’d try and do 

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Draw 0-0 and finish bottom of the group, or be more adventurous and try and beat England and have that as your highlight as you won’t qualify again for 50 years? Know what I’d try and do 

We lost 1 nil to Sheffield United having absolutely battered them.

Wales just need that one chance like Sheffield needed.