IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

My wife made a rash decision before the world cup started and made a spurious bet that England would beat Germany in the final.

It sounded nostalgic to her at the time but now she has to cheer for Germany to go through in order for her to win the bet.?

If you give me £100 right now I'll give you £100k if England beat Germany in the final 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

They haven’t been talked about much , and most pundits I’ve heard have been  very meh about their chances , but Spain still look the most cohesive side, to me ,  over the group games 

Agree. I think people questioned the fact they have a pretty average striker in Morata, but he's playing well, and as Spanish teams (and manager - Pep) have proven in recent history, you don't necessarily need a top striker to win things. 

Remember they were pretty unlucky to lose out to Italy in that Euro semi last year too. 

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I would like to point out that I was not consulted in her decision!

In the spirit of the game tonight with female officials I will leave it at that.

She got 100-1 by the way.

I'm giving you 1000-1 ?

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Gonna be on the same side of the draw aren’t they ?

Yes

20 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

They haven’t been talked about much , and most pundits I’ve heard have been  very meh about their chances , but Spain still look the most cohesive side, to me ,  over the group games 

Before their opening game all the build-up was about how they were a young team who were in transition and whether they had enough goals in them.

Then they went and scored 7...

With Spain, Argentina, Brazil likely to be in the other half, other than the great steaming hurdle that is France, prefer our likely half. After ‘Iceland’ nothing is certain of course and there will be surprises in the next round, but would quite fancy us against Portugal or Germany, should it play out that way.

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Whatever happens tonight.........Germany have absolutely no chance of getting to the final.  They do not  have a goal scorer, and are sloppy in defence, worst Germany side i have seen over the past few tournaments?   '

I wouldn't say no chance. Unlikely yes.

• Like 1