IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He will have thought they were through- as in they would win here and presumably that South Korea v Portugal wouldn't have South Korea winning...went too soon.

Had they just needed a win I understand it but always a chance they would need another goal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Uruguay..........totally without any class.....let's blame everyone else for our defeat and lack of ability.    C u next Tuesday's

I agree but they are good entertainment. They always lose the plot ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Semenyo gave a good showing of himself. I hope that miss doesn't impact him. He needed to just power it like he usually does but instead went for placement. 

100% thought that was a penalty against him. Player went through the back of him to get the ball. 

Not got rose tinters on by any chance have you?

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Semenyo gave a good showing of himself. I hope that miss doesn't impact him. He needed to just power it like he usually does but instead went for placement. 

100% thought that was a penalty against him. Player went through the back of him to get the ball. 

Well said. I'm gutted for Antoine, but proud that a Bristol City player performed at the World Cup. Well done son.

3 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Shades of 1970 Q4 England v West Germany - give Booby Charlton a rest for the semi final.

He was always abreast of the action!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigTone said:

This is turning into a classic WC. It's also nice to see all the political crap being pushed into the background in the past week and the football doing the talking.

Yeah because the death of working class people for a rich elite is just political crap. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with people choosing to watch the world cup and I'm following along in the background - ultimately what anyone here does isn't going to do anything. You don't need to dismiss concerns about the tragedies that got them here as political crap. 

Anyway I know this isn't the political thread so I guess it's better to leave it there. 

Did catch a screen of Suarez crying which was amusing. 

Edited by Rebounder