IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

35 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Uruguay..........totally without any class.....let's blame everyone else for our defeat and lack of ability.    C u next Tuesday's

Suarez's misery at full time is one of the happiest moments of this entire world cup for me, revenge is a dish best served cold after his handball in the 120th minute 2010 WC that denied Ghana a place in the last four.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Yeah because the death of working class people for a rich elite is just political crap. :rolleyes:

I don't disagree with people choosing to watch the world cup and I'm following along in the background - ultimately what anyone here does isn't going to do anything. You don't need to dismiss concerns about the tragedies that got them here as political crap. 

Anyway I know this isn't the political thread so I guess it's better to leave it there. 

Did catch a screen of Suarez crying which was amusing. 

I've worked in the Middle East for a good while and the treatment of the workers is unacceptable. However,, it didn't start with Qatar being awarded the WC. I wonder how many who have holidayed in Dubai have any thought to the workers who built their luxury hotels. It's being going on for ages and will continue. Jordan is the only nation trying to introduce reforms but even they are inadequate.

In my tiny mind all of this could have been avoided if everyone had said "no way" when FIFA awarded the tournament in the first place.

In the meantime I for one am focussing on enjoying the football along with thousands of others.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

He didn't really play that well, scuffed the only chance he had and that was about it wasn't it?

Just a typical semenyo performance from this season I would suggest

Not saying he had a man of the match performance but him coming on along with the others got Ghana forward more. He pressed well. Took up good positions but wasn't passed to. Droped deep when needed to. Yes he could have done better with the shot, he'll be over thinking that for a while but he got himself into the position to have the opportunity of scoring in the world cup. 

He was likely about to get another opportunity to score until he was hacked down from behind. Var was never giving that with the game end to end. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not saying he had a man of the match performance but him coming on along with the others got Ghana forward more. He pressed well. Took up good positions but wasn't passed to. Droped deep when needed to. Yes he could have done better with the shot, he'll be over thinking that for a while but he got himself into the position to have the opportunity of scoring in the world cup. 

He was likely about to get another opportunity to score until he was hacked down from behind. Var was never giving that with the game end to end. 

Yeah I'll give you most of that mate, I wasn't slagging him off just don't think he's quite as good as some of us think .......,..... Yet!

21 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Don't forget the Belgians.......

I'm laying off them. For the population they are (were?) an amazing force in world football. Think of the Gas playing in the championship and you'll have some idea of the magnitude of what they've achieved :). Also I love their buns, and 'In Bruges' was a great film.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'm laying off them. For the population they are (were?) an amazing force in world football. Think of the Gas playing in the championship and you'll have some idea of the magnitude of what they've achieved :). Also I love their buns, and 'In Bruges' was a great film.

Great film…..have you seen the Director’s latest, The Banshees of Inisherin? 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

One of my favourite films

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Cameroon ain`t going to have 11 on the pitch at the end of this.

Be lucky to have 9 on the pitch the way its going

• Like 1