IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

15 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Messi still their sprinkling of gold dust. Lifted them from decent enough to being able to win.

That’s true, but I don’t think you can underestimate them defensively either. They are hard to break down, and when you do - as Australia did twice tonight (I’m not counting the goal - that was pure luck) - there were bits of individual brilliance that were the defensive equivalent of a Messi shuffle! 

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

They already did, after tonight’s game :)

Had to watch family film night with the granddaughter who decided she was bored with 20 minutes to go and left me to watch it on my own. It wasn’t the best film so can’t understand why I watched it to just see the ending. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

11 hours ago, Red DNA said:

What is it with the obligatory shot of FIFA President Gianni Infantino sat in the stands as the match starts? Is it written into his contract that the TV companies must show him at least once during each game? 
He may well be President but it seems to be a bit  a rse licking to me. 

My theory is that his face only gets shown for a second now, as the moment fabs see him on screen they start booing ?

BBC News have just shown a clip (BBC1, about 08.05) of local fans celebrating in the street in Senegal, and more than one is wearing a purple and green Bristol City shirt (the one with the green band across the chest.  I couldn’t believe my eyes.  What’s that about?  Did we get noticed in Senegal when Fam was playing for us?

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

BBC News have just shown a clip (BBC1, about 08.05) of local fans celebrating in the street in Senegal, and more than one is wearing a purple and green Bristol City shirt (the one with the green band across the chest.  I couldn’t believe my eyes.  What’s that about?  Did we get noticed in Senegal when Fam was playing for us?

I think Fam does a lot to help poor folks in his home country (as do a lot of African players who have made it) so it wouldn`t surprise me if he sent a load of end-of-season unsold stock out there.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Partridge is a robin said:

He's scored one goal so far, against qatar i think. Would love to see him score tonight 

Seriously. I really don’t get the love in with him. This is the same player who downed tools last 6 months of his contract . Bollocks to him , hope he gets sent off 

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 1