IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

“One night, I went to a bar; I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers. At around 5 am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Mohammad VI and the Emir of Qatar are great mates. I worked on the Emirs Palace in Ifrane on land gifted to him by Mohammed. Fairly modest with a contract value of £1.2bn

£1.2bn!

Is that all?

I can only imagine he skimped on the 14 bathrooms, replacing the 24ct gold taps with gold plated.

The last time I was in Casa, they were finishing off King Hassan’s palace, and still tarting up the Corniche.

Obviously a long time ago ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Bruxelles, Anvers and Rotterdam won’t be far behind.

I should imagine that parts of Paris, Lyon and Marseille will be ‘chaud’, as well.

Yep, but it's constitution day in Spain so will be loads of locals out including "football lads" too. Like you say though, bound to kick off somewhere unfortunately 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

“One night, I went to a bar; I was with a woman. We talked all night. We laughed, we flirted, I paid for several drinks of hers. At around 5 am, a guy came in, grabbed her by the arm and took her to the bathroom. He made love to her and she left with him. That doesn’t matter, because I had most of the possession on that night.”

VAR would have made him bring her back because of the arm grab.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

£1.2bn!

Is that all?

I can only imagine he skimped on the 14 bathrooms, replacing the 24ct gold taps with gold plated.

The last time I was in Casa, they were finishing off King Hassan’s palace, and still tarting up the Corniche.

Obviously a long time ago ?.

The cornice at Ain Diab is fab these days

11 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Chasers? ;)

Sorry about that. ?

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Morocco had the right idea......my youth coach years ago,  told me......in a shoot out, the keeper will commit, so just put it down the middle.   Cannot believe just how stupid Spain's pen's were!  Great result for England, we just have to beat the French, and were in the final IMO...as Morocco are very beatable

Write them off at your peril

So Spain are out and Morocco advance. Good for the Morrocans but I didn't want either side to through. Whilst the ITV crew looked to big up the game I was bored. Spain spent almost the entire game passing the ball around in front of the Morrocans, with few attempts and even less success to get behind their defence, whilst Morocco made few attempts to score at all. During the game I was praying for Spain to score so that Morocco would have to get forward but sadly there was never any chance of a football match breaking out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Have to agree on the Spain comments they are incredibly boring to watch.

The problem with their style of football is when they lose they leave themselves open to criticism that they didn’t even give it a go. 4000 passes, two shots on targets and getting knocked out isn’t football that only “students” of the game understand. It’s taking liberties, piss easy to defend against if the passing is slow and it’s bollocks.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1