IGNORED

World Cup 2022 thread (football only)

Super

Leaving your best penalty taker for the 5th penalty in that circumstance is bizarre. At the best of times I think put your best penalty takers first but even more so when momentum has just gone against you.

I still think momentum in football is underappreciated. If you can make the changes to swing it in your favour it can have a massive impact. 

Hats off to Croatia, they've exceeded expectations in the last two world cups. Modric definitely one of the best I've seen in the flesh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DolmanGaz said:

I fancy Netherlands to edge past Argentina in a high scoring classic, but think Brazil will have too much for Croatia. Not fussed who gets through today, just looking forward to, hopefully, two good games. Hoping Croatia can at least give Brazil a game!!

Just need to try and get my work for the week done by 3!!

i did just at 2.55.got home at 3.20 instead of 6.0. i like winter world cups,no chance of staying late

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Get In

Over the moon that bunch of C###s are out

Now For us to beat the French and Portugal to go out

Do Carlsburg do Football weekends?

Think Morocco will do over Portugal tomorrow but England vs France will be close and a tad feisty at our local bar.  Can't wait.

1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

You have to admire Croatia’s footballing pedigree, for a country of just under 4 million they punch above their weight time and time again at international level. Fair play to them , a beautiful country aswell ?

Agreed, Plitvice Lakes is one of my favorites locations in the world. Stunning 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

You have to admire Croatia’s footballing pedigree, for a country of just under 4 million they punch above their weight time and time again at international level. Fair play to them , a beautiful country aswell ?

Yep credit where its due they produce when it matters. 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That makes no sense tho,unless you think the top players run the country’s teams and no point in managers,Argentina better hope they don’t go to penalties because I would have Messi 11th taker behind the keeper 

it may make no sense to you or me, but it wouldn't surprise me if Neymar wanted the glory of scoring the winning penalty so going last. he certainly wouldn't be the first to do so... Salah done the same for Egypt

Edited by DolmanGaz