IGNORED

Dan Bentley to Wolves - Confirmed

weepywall

7 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Whatever we think of the player and how it's ended, guy has been nothing but class. 

Good luck Bents. Hope he snags some games in the Prem this season 

Screenshot_20230125_190321_Instagram.jpg

He just don't want those daughters to have a Bristolian accent, but he's plumped for a Wolverhampton one instead....

30 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes,, yet another ashton/ lj signing who cost millions and we have to practically give away to get him off the books…. I dont hold any ill feeling towards bentley, i think it was forest away where he was like superman, but he has been a let down overall in my view, certainly for what he cost and what he got paid.

Last 6 month's of deal, post Covid inevitable tbh.

All the best to him at Wolves.

27 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes,, yet another ashton/ lj signing who cost millions and we have to practically give away to get him off the books…. I dont hold any ill feeling towards bentley, i think it was forest away where he was like superman, but he has been a let down overall in my view, certainly for what he cost and what he got paid.

This one I don’t hold against him.  Overall he’s been a good signing for the alleged fee of £2m, and I’d put this more down to the covid effect / our financial plight…which I get you could blame on them.

There becomes a point when you sign 26 year olds on a 4 year deal where you have to question what the next contract looks like as he’s gonna be 29 three years in and 30 at the end.  Either you see it being long term, ie an extension to spread that fee over a longer period, or move on for a fee at the right point.  We’ve achieved neither is the reality.  But without the financial situation I think he’d have been extended.

Max’s form has made this easier to swallow.

For Bents this is a fantastic move.  Good luck to him.

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

50k or not we will have something of a sell on. He could still be valuable to us down the line!

Financially, the value is his wages, although we need some kind of cover. Let’s see what comes out, but would imagine we pushed for something closer to £200k or so, his value in our books. 

Every reason to wish him luck, and a great contract for him.

• Like 2

I would like to wish Bents all the best. A great player and class act. He wasn't given the club captaincy as a keeper for nothing.

My only concern is that we could well play Wolves next season in the league or in the cup and it will no doubt be when we are finally awarded that long awaited penalty....and Bents will bloody save it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2