IGNORED

Nige - Club interview (Rotherham)

Davefevs

Semenyo - back in training following WC

Kalas - still out, hopeful pre-Xmas

Naismith - back training, hopefully available (think the word “hopefully” is just playing it down)

Benarous - some of you might’ve seen / heard the odd rumour than he’d re-done his ACL.  Nige confirmed he has, he’s had surgery and his season is over.  Gutted for the young man.  Did it straight-line running, which sounds hugely freakish…but also worrying too.

Although not mentioned, Tanner will be back from suspension.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Semenyo - back in training following WC

Kalas - still out, hopeful pre-Xmas

Naismith - back training, hopefully available (think the word “hopefully” is just playing it down)

Benarous - some of you might’ve seen / heard the odd rumour than he’d re-done his ACL.  Nige confirmed he has, he’s had surgery and his season is over.  Gutted for the young man.  Did it straight-line running, which sounds hugely freakish…but also worrying too.

Although not mentioned, Tanner will be back from suspension.

Benarous injury is like you say, a worry. Doing the same twice, will really knock his confidence. Hopefully it doesn't become career ending.

I disagree with what Matty James and NP agree on, although i understand the sentiment...regarding doing better in both boxes. 

Defending our own box I agree, but our midfield could do better in helping the defence of the box, and even more so, in quality of delivery into the opponent's box. If the quality was better, the goals would come. We take our chances when the ball is good. It's the quality of delivery that's the problem imo.

• Like 1

Good interview & thought NP looked very well.

Looks like with Kalas on his way back we are as near as we can be to full strength, Naismith is fit, Semenyo returned today, Weimann is pictured in training & Klose & Atkinson are both available, too.

Need to start to put a few results together, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Naismith for King as the only change from the last game we played all that time ago.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Good stuff - I can’t think of any previous City manager who’d have conducted that type of interview. It’s easy to se why is a proper manager.

Apart from three occasions at City, Beasley and Atyeo, Dicks and the young boys who developed into top tier performers and TC followed by Joe Jordan, I have never felt that we had a clue about success until Nigel Pearson walked through the door.

The time it is taking to sort out our playing staff and the football we play tells me what a complete shambles we were.

I just have to stay alive and see us back where we should be.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Apart from three occasions at City, Beasley and Atyeo, Dicks and the young boys who developed into top tier performers and TC followed by Joe Jordan, I have never felt that we had a clue about success until Nigel Pearson walked through the door.

The time it is taking to sort out our playing staff and the football we play tells me what a complete shambles we were.

I just have to stay alive and see us back where we should be.

I see what you are saying and the next 6-7 games are crucial to how the rest of the season pans out. It’s not often that teams in the bottom four going into end Feb are not then in a big relegation scrap. I’m reasonably confident we will pick up 10 points ish from those games and then go onto finish just below mid table. But if we pick up 4-5 points it will be a stressful end to the season 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

:bored: 
A wise person once said to me ‘when someone is bad at communicating, listen harder because they often have something important to say’.

A wise old person once said to me 'when someone is bad at communicating, switch them off cause you won't listen anyway'.??

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

I'm sorry to say I still find the bloke boring to listen to, probs just me though

Before he arrived at the club i often thought he had the charisma of a brick, especially those "entertaining" media interviews when Leicester were going through a rough patch.

I have noticed that he's very open and friendly on the club media days whereas he can be very guarded with certain other interviewers.

On the whole he is actually a breath of fresh air and tells it pretty much how it is. A welcome change & long may it continue.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He didn't get a name, he wasn't listening. :)

I know you’re joking but her name is Christine Rogers, she was my top salesperson by a mile. She listened and showed an interest in everyone, not just our customers. Everyone loved her because she was genuine and made time for people,even the person the least likely to be of interest , use,to her. 
She would say ‘ everybody has a story ‘. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I know you’re joking but her name is Christine Rogers, she was my top salesperson by a mile. She listened and showed an interest in everyone, not just our customers. Everyone loved her because she was genuine and made time for people,even the person the least likely to be of interest , use,to her. 
She would say ‘ everybody has a story ‘. 

Bet she’d never been mistaken for Confucius before though…