IGNORED

Deleted phone pics help?

phantom

• Admin

I spend the past two days in London taking lots of photos

On the way home yesterday I uploaded them (or so I thought) to Facebook - I always do this so keep all my pictures in one place

I had (wrongly) assumed the pictures had uploaded, so I deleted them off my phone and the recycle bin

It was then that I realised the pictures had not uploaded

I'm gutted that I lost so many photos and memories, I looked online about finding deleted pictures in the phones memory and have tried a couple of apps but with no joy

I did something similar a year or so ago and manged to find the pictures but I am really struggling this time

I have a Samsung A33, if anyone has any tips I would VERY grateful as there are some great memories I have lost

• Admin
1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

Do you have Google Drive set up? My stepdad did a similar thing a few years ago and we discovered his phone had been automatically backing his photos up, he wasn't even aware of it.

I do, but am not honestly sure where to look

The documents I can see are PDF files I have downloaded in the past, sadly the recycle bin is empty but when I go into the storage option it shows 36.95MB in device backup, but can't see how I can access this ?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I do, but am not honestly sure where to look

The documents I can see are PDF files I have downloaded in the past, sadly the recycle bin is empty but when I go into the storage option it shows 36.95MB in device backup, but can't see how I can access this ?

I don't have that phone, but have had a look around.

First up, are they in the trash?

If not, Samsung have this guide to Google Drive and their own backup: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-can-i-recover-deleted-photo/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Thank you to both @BS2 Red and  @Gazred for your assistance with this, it looks like all my safety nets were not in place and the photos are lost, but I am really grateful for your help

That's awful, we all have so many photos on our phones these days, it's a horrible thought to lose them all. I really feel for you.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, phantom said:

I spend the past two days in London taking lots of photos

On the way home yesterday I uploaded them (or so I thought) to Facebook - I always do this so keep all my pictures in one place

I had (wrongly) assumed the pictures had uploaded, so I deleted them off my phone and the recycle bin

It was then that I realised the pictures had not uploaded

I'm gutted that I lost so many photos and memories, I looked online about finding deleted pictures in the phones memory and have tried a couple of apps but with no joy

I did something similar a year or so ago and manged to find the pictures but I am really struggling this time

I have a Samsung A33, if anyone has any tips I would VERY grateful as there are some great memories I have lost

did you upload to anywhere else by mistake instead of FB?