IGNORED

NO BUSES!!

pillred

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Does this include the match day park and ride do you know?

It states only the Airport flyers will be operating that day, so daft as it seems it looks like they won't be I'm afraid I have checked both Bris and the Portway and they are definitely not running on Boxing day. 

Edited by pillred
Punctuation.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

It states only the Airport flyers will be operating that day, so daft as it seems it looks like they won't be I'm afraid. 

It doesn’t feel like it should even be legal to host a sporting event attracting over 20,000 people in a city with no public transport at all. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Isn't this always the case for bank holidays?

Easter and Boxing day I have always had to get the car out.

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There's never any buses on Boxing Day?

I’ve definitely got the match day park and ride from Portway before on Boxing Day

• Like 1

Just now, ralphindevon said:

It doesn’t feel like it should even be legal to host a sporting event attracting over 20,000 people in a city with no public transport at all. 

Madness isn't it, I'm not sure if they don't run on Boxing day usually or it's just this year, but yes it does seem a bit daft.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Park and Ride not mentioned in opening post.

No but it has been in nearly every post since.

Its been a while since we had a Boxing Day game at Ashton Gate but I did get the P&R for the 2018 fixture v Brentford. I’d be surprised if they’re not running as I guess they’re classed separate to the normal service.

• Admin
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There's never any buses on Boxing Day?

The X1 ran between Weston and Bristol a few years ago because I can remember being able to get to a home game on my birthday without having to rely on someone to drive 

51 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

One for Jerry to confirm.

It'll all be announced in the usual pre match update 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

No but it has been in nearly every post since.

Its been a while since we had a Boxing Day game at Ashton Gate but I did get the P&R for the 2018 fixture v Brentford. I’d be surprised if they’re not running as I guess they’re classed separate to the normal service.

They are definitely NOT running that day as of today.

Since First Bus took over the running of buses in Bristol they have rarely run buses on Boxing Day. While it is, inconvenient for us who follow sport I can't begrudge bus drivers spending time with their families over Christmas. 

Years ago I walked from Filton to the Gate but that would be a no go now. In any event I will be spending Christmas in Melksham so will miss the game. 

Do City have space for 10,000 plus VOI scooters? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Since First Bus took over the running of buses in Bristol they have rarely run buses on Boxing Day. While it is, inconvenient for us who follow sport I can't begrudge bus drivers spending time with their families over Christmas. 

Years ago I walked from Filton to the Gate but that would be a no go now. In any event I will be spending Christmas in Melksham so will miss the game. 

You can't be arsed to walk from Melksham?, part timer ?

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I have a memory of a park and ride driver, might have been Boxing Day told us that after his last run he would park the bus in the bus stop and attend the match. so maybe that’s the compromise they’ve reached.

They should certainly open the LA P&R for people to park but I doubt it will happen.

15 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I have a memory of a park and ride driver, might have been Boxing Day told us that after his last run he would park the bus in the bus stop and attend the match. so maybe that’s the compromise they’ve reached.

They should certainly open the LA P&R for people to park but I doubt it will happen.

I expect the P&R will be open, Boxing Day shoppers and all that.

On no account are you to use it if you are only attending the match though...............................................