IGNORED

NO BUSES!!

pillred

4 hours ago, Trigger99 said:

Hello, I can confirm there will be an enhanced service for both Portway and Brislington P&Ride sites on Boxing day fixture against WBA, however AG3 will not operate,

Brutal. Boxing day cabs gonna rinse everyone from Temple Meads / the centre. Like me.

38 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I expect the P&R will be open, Boxing Day shoppers and all that.

On no account are you to use it if you are only attending the match though...............................................

Pillred has said there are no buses on Boxing Day so presumably it’ll be closed.

Not that I’d dream of parking there and walking to the ground of course!

5 hours ago, Trigger99 said:

Hello, I can confirm there will be an enhanced service for both Portway and Brislington P&Ride sites on Boxing day fixture against WBA, however AG3 will not operate,

Where did you get that from? unless they have changed their mind today, yesterday the information was no buses including P&R Boxing day.

9 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Pillred has said there are no buses on Boxing Day so presumably it’ll be closed.

Not that I’d dream of parking there and walking to the ground of course!

Quite right too! It would be very wrong to take advantage like that!

Mind you, if no buses are running it will probably be locked anyway - God forbid a huge area of off street parking that`s not being used could be made available for those that need it.

More than me job`s worth mate.

Hi 

I work for First and I am responsible for the management of the AG services. 

It's true the standard Park&Ride to Broadmead is not operating but the AG service will run from 1230 with last departure from Portway & Brislington at 1430 with a 10/15 minute frequency.  

AG3 from Temple Meads will not operate as there is a train strike planned that day. 

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Quite right too! It would be very wrong to take advantage like that!

Mind you, if no buses are running it will probably be locked anyway - God forbid a huge area of off street parking that`s not being used could be made available for those that need it.

More than me job`s worth mate.

If you made a film of it on Boxing Day of all the cars fighting for on street parking, parking on verges, getting parking fines and then showed an empty locked 1500 space car park just down the road, people just wouldn’t believe it. 

• Like 2

They said this week that there's a massive shortage of bus drivers around Bristol, and that many routes etc are being cancelled.

The laughable thing is, they said it was compounded because the bus drivers they had, couldn't get into work because there were no buses. ???

You literally couldn't make it up.

Why the hell do we put up with this shit. ??

• Like 3

Remember quite a few years ago. I walked from my house to Ashton Gate on Boxing Day which to me a good 2 hours. Walk the Xmas dinner off and all that. Got to Bedminster had a couple of refreshments. Got in the ground absolutely pissed down and the game got called off after delaying the kick off. Watford I think 

:laughcont:

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, spudski said:

They said this week that there's a massive shortage of bus drivers around Bristol, and that many routes etc are being cancelled.

The laughable thing is, they said it was compounded because the bus drivers they had, couldn't get into work because there were no buses. ???

You literally couldn't make it up.

Why the hell do we put up with this shit. ??

We never had this problem with City Line did we?  The other week during half term I was screwed twice in the same day by WorstBus, two buses didn't turn up as expected

38 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

We never had this problem with City Line did we?  The other week during half term I was screwed twice in the same day by WorstBus, two buses didn't turn up as expected

I think the whole thing is bullshit mate.

There are plenty of unemployed people. Low skilled people came across pre Brexit and got jobs driving buses. 

Yet they keep blaming lack of drivers for a few years now.

There are plenty of people that are able to drive buses in this country.

In saying that...from a personal perspective...the last thing I'd want to do is spend time on public transport.

It's either empty, late, or full beyond capacity. Then you get the idiots you have to share space with. 

Public transport is like an ambulance...it's the last thing you want to be in. 

2 hours ago, Trigger99 said:

Hi 

I work for First and I am responsible for the management of the AG services. 

It's true the standard Park&Ride to Broadmead is not operating but the AG service will run from 1230 with last departure from Portway & Brislington at 1430 with a 10/15 minute frequency.  

AG3 from Temple Meads will not operate as there is a train strike planned that day. 

Was there due to be trains on boxing day then ?

• Admin
11 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Since First Bus took over the running of buses in Bristol they have rarely run buses on Boxing Day. While it is, inconvenient for us who follow sport I can't begrudge bus drivers spending time with their families over Christmas. 

Years ago I walked from Filton to the Gate but that would be a no go now. In any event I will be spending Christmas in Melksham so will miss the game. 

Do City have space for 10,000 plus VOI scooters? 

You're assuming that all bus drivers want they day off 

I'd bet a number would work if possible and then you delve into those that don't celebrate Christmas 

56 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Was there due to be trains on boxing day then ?

No

Never trains Christmas day or boxing day 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spudski said:

There are plenty of unemployed people. Low skilled people came across pre Brexit and got jobs driving buses. 

In saying that...from a personal perspective...the last thing I'd want to do is spend time on public transport.

It's either empty, late, or full beyond capacity. Then you get the idiots you have to share space with. 

Oi, I use the buses regularly to get to the Gate.

8 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Oi, I use the buses regularly to get to the Gate.

I did as well for a season. I'll stand by my statement. It was full of inconsiderate people...not all...but when stuck on a bus with them , you can't get away from them.

Public transport is a nightmare in this country.

Its broken... doesn't work half the time...and when it does, you have no choice on the people you have to share it with.

Who wants to be sat next to a bloke eating a rotisserie chicken like an apple, whilst listening to some woman with no social awareness talking on the phone loudly about her fanny problems to some nurse!!! Everytime it's like an episode from little Britain ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember quite a few years ago. I walked from my house to Ashton Gate on Boxing Day which to me a good 2 hours. Walk the Xmas dinner off and all that. Got to Bedminster had a couple of refreshments. Got in the ground absolutely pissed down and the game got called off after delaying the kick off. Watford I think 

:laughcont:

Remember that one 

18 hours ago, spudski said:

I did as well for a season. I'll stand by my statement. It was full of inconsiderate people...not all...but when stuck on a bus with them , you can't get away from them.

Public transport is a nightmare in this country.

Its broken... doesn't work half the time...and when it does, you have no choice on the people you have to share it with.

Who wants to be sat next to a bloke eating a rotisserie chicken like an apple, whilst listening to some woman with no social awareness talking on the phone loudly about her fanny problems to some nurse!!! Everytime it's like an episode from little Britain ?

I couldn't agree with you more.

• Thanks 1

On 09/12/2022 at 20:58, spudski said:

If bus wages stay a lot lower than HGV wages it will always be hard to recruit bus drivers. If you can pass the test and medical for one you probably can the other. And driving a lorry you rarely get too much grief from the load. 

1 hour ago, Parkwaymom said:

If bus wages stay a lot lower than HGV wages it will always be hard to recruit bus drivers. If you can pass the test and medical for one you probably can the other. And driving a lorry you rarely get too much grief from the load. 

At £27,000 a year, for 37 hours work plus benefits for all the family. ie £6 all day travel on trains etc...you have to ask yourself why there are people who are capable of doing the job sat at home all day doing nothing.

I think your last sentence is very valid though 

Dealing with the public in this country, on the bus...nightmare.

https://www.firstgroupcareers.com/vacancy/first-bus-bus-driver-018907-uk-bus---bristol-hengrove/18937/description/

• Like 1

Well that makes getting to the game and home again a massive ball-ache.

Usually I get a Uber to the game and get back on a couple of busses, would imagine the cost of cabs is going to be high because of the lack of alternatives and I don't like the idea of a sober Christmas. So, the question is...

If I write to Santa and ask for a bicycle for Christmas, have I left it too late for him to get my letter?