IGNORED

Rotherham United away match thread

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

That's the most baffling thing about our team an ex defender as a manager and we are awful defensively.

It's a bit of a cliche tbh. Heard this for years, read it for years on varied sites- fans of club x, manager or senior coach an ex defender and questionable defensively.

Different style of players, different era of football with abilities and expectations to defend- different laws of the game. So many variables.

• Like 1

Same as before the break, when we attack we look like we can create good chances but when we back off we look really poor in defending. 

What I don't understand is when we're conceding so many with basic defensive errors then surely we need new defensive coaches or at the very least more of them? I mean people say it's NP's fault but in high school I played as a center back and even at that level I was told to look for an open staving player and at the very least get in front of him so even if he could out jump me jumping with him may be enough to block his view of the ball long enough to put him off. 

There is far too many grass roots errors in defence. At one point not a single player closed down a Rotherham player who has a full 2 seconds to line up a shot. 

In this second half we really need to speed up the turnover so the second we get the ball the whole team should be going forward as they don't look confident with Conway and Wells running at them. Having Scott and the wing backs charging forward would really put them under pressure. 

8 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

HT 1-2, we have struggled at times with their extra physicality  but have had a few nearly moments with counter attacks too (aside from the 2 goals).

Weimann is the only player on our side who has not got into the game.

Unfortunately seem to be saying a lot this season unlike last season , think he is back to running around a lot ?

Good to be back watching City.

Mixed first half, pitch seems tough for bigger players to turn quickly, hence Wells and Conway are having a field day against Wood, Peltier and Harding.  Naismith's passing out is opening them up quite easily.  But on the flip we are having probs against Ogbene who is strong and nimble.  Norton-Cuffy needs a bit more physicality from Pring to put him in his place.

Good goals from us.

Their goal got a deflection from Pring, hence the loop.

Just need to avoid letting them have room in midfield and if we do that we can come away with the three points.

2 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Fourth placed Preston now 4-1 up at third placed Blackburn.