IGNORED

Rotherham United away match thread

6 minutes ago, Artcliffe exile said:

Fair play you can take the lad outta artcliffe but you ain’t taking artcliffe out the lad ps I only put  a tenner on

If you can’t take the lad out of artcliffe , do you still walk round where you live now tooled up selling narcotics ?

Edited by redkev
1 hour ago, Dan Robin said:

Three golden points: well done, Robins! ?

Second half IMO was quite good, except the last minutes, when we could have conceded a dangerous second goal: overall the team looked tidy and the lads didn't get nervous about the unbalanced refereeing (not a surprise, eh?).

Many good performances, but our best players for me were Conway, Naismith (despite his part of fault in Millers goal) and O'Leary.

One of those games where you go in leading at h-t but fear they’ll come out second half firing. They didn’t. First ten mins we took the sting out of the game. We didn’t control it though, but they didn’t either. Needed more quality with our passing and I think we might’ve won four or five. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Thought Sykes contributed far more than AW did today, so maybe them injuring him actually helped us.

I thought Sykes did better than Weimann with the ball but they created nothing down his side, whereas Bramall got more joy once Sykes was on. 

1 hour ago, Garland-sweden said:

Oleary is Good but his feet are not good, when he kicks the ball out, most of the times is throwing for Rotherham. Never mind, the safe in the end was worldclass. 

O’Leary was excellent today, but his kicking was bloody poor. 9 conceded in 9 is v.good with the amount of shots we allow. He was fouled on every corner today too.

Ref deserves credit. Very consistent and good decision making thru the 90. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I watched the sags v Boreham Wood game which he reffed.

Didn’t fall for any of the diving, cheating, theatricals, trying to get an opponent sent off, nonsense  from the gas players.

Looks a ref with a premier league future.

11 minutes ago, redkev said:

I just noticed there managers report on the game said that Conway & Wells caused them problems all afterwards ( good to hear ) 

I'd prefer if they caused them problems during the game, not just afterwards. ;)

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

One of those games where you go in leading at h-t but fear they’ll come out second half firing. They didn’t. First ten mins we took the sting out of the game. We didn’t control it though, but they didn’t either. Needed more quality with our passing and I think we might’ve won four or five. 

I thought Sykes did better than Weimann with the ball but they created nothing down his side, whereas Bramall got more joy once Sykes was on. 

O’Leary was excellent today, but his kicking was bloody poor. 9 conceded in 9 is v.good with the amount of shots we allow. He was fouled on every corner today too.

My view entirely. 

Not the worst set of results today for us.  But shows how important it was to win (I’d have taken a draw pre-game, especially with Vyner out, was less concerned about Dasilva).

F4C94F86-AC20-42FF-BD46-DF7EC57057C3.thumb.jpeg.974f6475309cc8b7fbd9f91c9018acea.jpeg

Boro got an injury time goal unfortunately.

Glad Stoke didn’t come to us off of a win, so them and a Cardiff both dropping points was good too.

7112C657-CC23-4936-8315-720D08CE633C.thumb.jpeg.7aec8b9aca5ad33484bec41571e27cfd.jpeg

Hull at Watford tomorrow, West Brom at Sunderland on Monday.

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

According to the ITV   twit who commentates...........Morocco's win over Portugal..........has "tilted the axis of the world"......slight hyperbole?   Sorry but Morocco are hardly the future of football?   They are just good at defending.

It’s already on an angle.  Just saying ITV!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not the worst set of results today for us.  But shows how important it was to win (I’d have taken a draw pre-game, especially with Vyner out, was less concerned about Dasilva).

F4C94F86-AC20-42FF-BD46-DF7EC57057C3.thumb.jpeg.974f6475309cc8b7fbd9f91c9018acea.jpeg

Glad Stoke didn’t come to us off of a win, so them and a Cardiff both dropping points was good too.

7112C657-CC23-4936-8315-720D08CE633C.thumb.jpeg.7aec8b9aca5ad33484bec41571e27cfd.jpeg

Crazy. Thirteen points cover 3rd to 23rd at all but half way, Normally if we had 27 points with half the season left you wouldn`t be worried in the slightest - this season!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry..........i posted on the wrong thread.........that will teach me not to drink in the afternoon   Ha!!.  However i am delighted that City won today, and so pleased that Cameron got his 1st goal!!    Hopefully England after beating France...will go on to defeat Morocco.  I really believe that the Moroccan's are very ordinary, despite all the Hype?

Edited by maxjak