IGNORED

ADAM BAKER

12 minutes ago, Midred said:

Link please?

Sorry not very good at links, but Glas Red above seems to think it is him.

I’m interested because I hadn’t heard anything about City from him, and assumed with all his inside info he must have agreed not to comment on BCFC.

5 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Did he not get bombed out of the media department? Imagine he’s got a bit of an axe to grind ………

Left by mutual consent I thought. Although it came as a surprise.

I once remember City being 5-0 down against Luton, with Baker co-commentating, and he wouldn't once criticise anything going on on the pitch.

I seem to remember how he was more keen to talk about the weather or something.

Oh how times have changed.

This is why I'm so much happier with Gary Owers commenting.

He tells it as it is.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 7

I’m not sure if Adam has missed Nige’s dozens of other interviews, especially after a defeat but that was just standard Nige, no ruder than any other as far as I can see.

Personally I was frustrated how Atkinson got drawn into the interview and we’re left with half a story which I feel Nige shouldn’t have said but as he did say it then Durden failed in his job to follow it up. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just a bloke having a go.  I’m sure he will be pretty pally with Ali Durden too.  Ali is pretty good in fairness, not sure it was rude or he’s been rude in interviews for a while now.  Rich Forrester (Bristol City Online) had a tough start with Nige but has gradually built rapport.

For years we wanted someone to give us honest answers.  We now get them, and we don’t like it.

Dave, are you condoning the "throw under the bus"  implication directed as near as possible in the direction of Atkinson?

You are veering too far in your defence of Pearson! Even on FBC today we [and it was led by Ian] made a conscious effort to look at form, not just one off results with City in 14th for both the past 6 & 10 games which is just about where we reckon we "are". 

This site is going to be toxic if three weeks today we are in the bottom 3 and out of the cup.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Can’t agree with Adam that his mate Ali is a “ quality “ journalist, some of the inane nonsense they spout would wind any manager up, had the misfortune of watching some Robin’s TV yesterday….. I rest my case.

Is this the same Ali Durden I heard recently on R. Bristol claiming the Gas are hugely supported and have a famous following?

Total bellend.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Can’t agree with Adam that his mate Ali is a “ quality “ journalist, some of the inane nonsense they spout would wind any manager up, had the misfortune of watching some Robin’s TV yesterday….. I rest my case.

As Pearson said he should try asking the right questions rather than going around the bush with his questions to get the answer he wants. Why not just directly ask, why didn't Atkinson play? No need to instead ask about King to ask about Atkinson. 

I can certainly see why Pearson would be annoyed. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m not sure if Adam has missed Nige’s dozens of other interviews, especially after a defeat but that was just standard Nige, no ruder than any other as far as I can see.

Personally I was frustrated how Atkinson got drawn into the interview and we’re left with half a story which I feel Nige shouldn’t have said but as he did say it then Durden failed in his job to follow it up. 

Yep. If he follows it up properly and gets awkward non-answers and snippy comments back then I don't think you can criticise him and it's Pearson who looks bad.

As it is, we've got a potentially revealing comment that wasn't expanded on which simply leads to what we've seen on here, people drawing their own conclusions to fit their view, which may prove to be correct but equally might be complete nonsense.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Dave, are you condoning the "throw under the bus"  implication directed as near as possible in the direction of Atkinson?

You are veering too far in your defence of Pearson! Even on FBC today we [and it was led by Ian] made a conscious effort to look at form, not just one off results with City in 14th for both the past 6 & 10 games which is just about where we reckon we "are". 

This site is going to be toxic if three weeks today we are in the bottom 3 and out of the cup.

It depends whether you think it’s “throwing under the bus” type of comment.  I think it’s a lazy term.

I don’t think it was a great part of the interview, but I think far too much is being made of it too.  Adam Baker thinks it is, I don’t.  Everyone seems to have ignored the “…at the moment…” which to me means Nige / Staff are working with him to try and get him back to early season form.  But that doesn’t fit the rhetoric.  It’s certainly does t appear to be “Rob Atkinson can eff off out of the club”

But I’m not Nigel Pearson, nor am I Rob Atkinson, so I’m just looking at other players, Cam Pring for example, who’s been through similar criticism when not in the side this season, who’s found a way to come back into the team and give strong contributions.

”Nige doesn’t fancy Cam”

”Cam has been thrown under the bus being left out with two RBs on the bench”

etc.

Let’s go back and see how many “warnings” Tyreeq Bakinson got before Nige lost patience.  He tries to improve players, he knows there is no easy fix.

Here’s T’s record this season in a division below:

image.thumb.png.1e7f2f933bfe095f8d925160b3fc85ee.png

I hope Rob follows Cam’s lead.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just a bloke having a go.  I’m sure he will be pretty pally with Ali Durden too.  Ali is pretty good in fairness, not sure it was rude or he’s been rude in interviews for a while now.  Rich Forrester (Bristol City Online) had a tough start with Nige but has gradually built rapport.

For years we wanted someone to give us honest answers.  We now get them, and we don’t like it.

he was always rude to GmG though?

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Tbf it was poor quality questioning 

Indeed it was - Nige was asked about why Atkinson wasn’t in the squad and he gave a straight answer! That’s not throwing anyone under the bus at all.

No idea what Adam Baker was on about - maybe he has an axe to grind with BCFC…………:cool2:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Is this the same Ali Durden I heard recently on R. Bristol claiming the Gas are hugely supported and have a famous following?

Total bellend.

I think Durden is a good journalist myself but there appears some unwritten rule in the local media to big Rovers up (blue “half” of Bristol myth) & repeat their lies, though I doubt that he actually said “hugely supported”.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I think Durden is a good journalist myself but there appears some unwritten rule in the local media to big Rovers up (blue “half” of Bristol myth) & repeat their lies, though I doubt that he actually said “hugely supported”.

And again, as usual huge support for Rovers on their travels.

I think they must think we're all thick or something.

Yes, he's been around a long time and he does his job,  but bigging up Rovers is something he really likes to do, believe me.

It would be interesting to know if he does actually favour any of the Bristol sides.

Edited by AppyDAZE