IGNORED

No-one on here Knows

What goes on in training, in NP`s office, in the dressing room before/after the game etc, even SL doesnt know. The only ones that know are those who are there at the time.

So everything on here is an opinion of the posters, which is fine as this is what the forum is for, it just seems to vent endless anger and abuse from many, its like an us and them/fans v non fans/armchair fans v attendees.

You dont share my view then you are nothing/gas/partimer/not a fan/supporter etc, etc, just find it sad when so much else is going on atm. Anyway carry on, what ever floats your boat......moan over. :city:

11 minutes ago, gl2 said:

What goes on in training, in NP`s office, in the dressing room before/after the game etc, even SL doesnt know. The only ones that know are those who are there at the time.

So everything on here is an opinion of the posters, which is fine as this is what the forum is for, it just seems to vent endless anger and abuse from many, its like an us and them/fans v non fans/armchair fans v attendees.

You dont share my view then you are nothing/gas/partimer/not a fan/supporter etc, etc, just find it sad when so much else is going on atm. Anyway carry on, what ever floats your boat......moan over. :city:

OTIB is a miserable place. Are fans from other teams as negative as those on OTIB?

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

This forum is pretty much the same as every other football club forum. I’ve visited plenty of others and there’s very little difference the content,

There are discussions about various players, their best position et el. Opinions about the manager, his decisions, line up, substitutions blah blah blah……..

Essentially we football fans are all the same regardless of which club we they follow.

I’ve been an otib member for 20+ years and the debates and discussion we have currently are no different to debates and discussions of yesteryear.

Only skin of the site evolves over time - but not the general content.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Correct. Nobody knows whether Pearson’s treatment of Atkinson is justified or not. Nobody knows if Pring deserved it either.  

Considering Pearsons experience as a manager then I tend to trust him. 

When he signed Vardy, it wasn't all smooth sailing to begin with? And look at the career Vardy has had since that chat with Pearson. That alone proves that if players listen to Pearson and do as he says then they will improve as players. 

For all we know Atkinson could be down town every night burning 50 pound notes (he's not) 

Kasper Schmeichel once said -

“But the guy is brutally honest.

“I had one situation where I came back from an injury and he didn’t play me. I had a frank conversation with him but he just stared me down.

“I knew that I had to shut up then. I wasn’t going to win that argument.”

• Like 3

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

When he signed Vardy, it wasn't all smooth sailing to begin with? And look at the career Vardy has had since that chat with Pearson. That alone proves that if players listen to Pearson and do as he says then they will improve as players. 

For all we know Atkinson could be down town every night burning 50 pound notes (he's not) 

“I had one situation where I came back from an injury and he didn’t play me. I had a frank conversation with him but he just stared me down.

That comment from Schmeichel is the eye opener for many football fans who see a manager as the one with all the answers for everything. In other words, the players are robots doing exactly what the manager says.

That sort of relationship can only exist in organisations that do repetitive functions day in and day out. Where other employees are not deliberately trying to make one do the wrong thing every second of the working day. Even a ballet dancer makes mistakes while performing alongside everyone who wants it done accurately.

Whatever the game plan before the match, it can collapse within five seconds of the starting whistle because there are eleven nasty people pushing, kicking, chatting, cheating, abusing and playing in a totally unexpected formation.

Pearson is aiming for everyone in his squad to be able to react, think for themselves and organise/help team mates while being organised themselves by their own colleagues.

We haven't had a manager like this since Alan Dicks,Terry Cooper and maybe Joe Jordan first time, and coupled with the FFP restrictions for new recruitment, it's going to be a hard next five months.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think it's more likely that the opposite is true and that the fact he is more insular is part of the problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Those who wanted Pearson in and continue to will believe he is right in his treatment of Atkinson and Pring.  That’s only natural. I’ve got no opinion on if he is correct or not as I don’t know.   He may have got it right with Vardy but it’s not a one size fits all situation so it doesn’t prove anything in this case 

13 hours ago, DaveF said:

OTIB is a miserable place. Are fans from other teams as negative as those on OTIB?

The Bristol Rugby forum is astoundingly negative. It was negative when Bristol were top of the Premiership and winning a European trophy. Loads of whingeing old gits harking back to the good old days, which obviously weren't as good.

There is a very Bristolian form of negativity. Almost like a compulsion to be  negative, rather than a mindset.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Those who wanted Pearson in and continue to will believe he is right in his treatment of Atkinson and Pring.  That’s only natural. I’ve got no opinion on if he is correct or not as I don’t know.   He may have got it right with Vardy but it’s not a one size fits all situation so it doesn’t prove anything in this case 

It's not that black and white, I like Pearson, I think he has given the club a more professional set up from top to bottom, but I can't understand the treatment of Atkinson or Pring before him. To me he seems to be overlooking the attributes of players and focusing heavily on their flaws, that's a position I have seen more commonly from fans on this forum.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I’m not saying NP way is right or wrong but Kasper is 36 years old and came through football at a different time. What may have worked for Vardy and Schmeichel may not work for Scott and Atkinson. Just because it worked for them does not mean it will work everywhere. In fact, his record since Leicester suggest Leicester may have been the outlier. 

13 hours ago, gl2 said:

But that’s not necessarily true.  Players have families and friends, and so do City staff members.  I have an email from someone very closely connected to one of our players sitting in my inbox at the moment, but of course I wouldn’t betray anything I’m told in confidence.  However, what I’m told does influence the general way I think and talk about what goes on at City.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I wonder if leicester were actually winning at the time? 

pearson has done well at one club, and that was a long time ago, and its not bristol city. Hes poor, the club is poor, the players are mostly poor he should be gotten rid of but i have no faith that we will get anyone any better in, and even if we did, we have 2 or 3 actually good championship players and no money so we basically have no chance to do anything.

14 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

But that’s not necessarily true.  Players have families and friends, and so do City staff members.  I have an email from someone very closely connected to one of our players sitting in my inbox at the moment, but of course I wouldn’t betray anything I’m told in confidence.  However, what I’m told does influence the general way I think and talk about what goes on at City.

Understand that but there are 2 sides to everything and that players views could well be affected if he is on the wrong/right side of the manager, so you are only getting his view not the whole picture

Edited by gl2

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Exactly this, I know someone on this forum who is very good mates with the father of one of our U21 squad, to assume that person “doesn’t know what goes on in training” is just incredibly naive.

There have also been posters in the past who have said things that then happened in the following week, often because they knew someone.

Of course there are some fantasists out there (I can think of one very obvious one) but those who do know need to walk a fine line when they reveal stuff and where.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

It's not that black and white, I like Pearson, I think he has given the club a more professional set up from top to bottom, but I can't understand the treatment of Atkinson or Pring before him. To me he seems to be overlooking the attributes of players and focusing heavily on their flaws, that's a position I have seen more commonly from fans on this forum.

Possibly because their flaws were totally negating their positives?

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t think it’s - if you’re Pearson in you think he’s right in his treatment.  Of those of us that are Pearson in I think all of us expressed surprise at the number of 18s that didn’t contain Pring.  It’s not about thinking he’s right or wrong because we don’t know what’s going on.  We sometimes hear snippets and add that to our thoughts.  Just because I’m “Pearson In” doesn’t mean I would choose to do exactly the same things as he would.  Nor should “Pearson Out” mean everything has to be viewed as wrong or his fault.  That is what is so weird about OTIB.

Re Pring, we can look at it in hindsight and say one thing:

- he’s come back into the side playing really well

and what we should be asking is:

- is the credit down to Cam, Nige, a combo of both, and / or

- could the same improvement have been made by a different method, e.g. playing him through the “development period” (my words to generalise his time out of the team)

As you know I’m Pearson In…and I don’t think it was right.  But I also think there’s been a massive overreaction too.

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That’s really the question I ask above….is there a different way of developing the player into what you want from them, which from the outside looking in, appears to keep them part of the group?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly this, I know someone on this forum who is very good mates with the father of one of our U21 squad, to assume that person “doesn’t know what goes on in training” is just incredibly naive.

There have also been posters in the past who have said things that then happened in the following week, often because they knew someone.

Of course there are some fantasists out there (I can think of one very obvious one) but those who do know need to walk a fine line when they reveal stuff and where.

100%.

The test is weeding through the tittle-tattle, and who is a shit-stirrer and whole genuine.

We know what the snippets we get that some stuff that appears “huge” is just “normal” at a football club.  Employee squaring up to his Boss in a normal job is sensational, on a football training pitch is far less sensational (Kalas / Nige example).

• Like 1