IGNORED

Alois (Alec) Eisentrager - article

Davefevs

Thank you so much @Davefevs for putting that article up in our City Forum.

It brought tears to my eyes as I saw him play plenty of times and I never heard a bad word at all from the City fans. He was idolised by so many and he gave of his best every game he played

I had two evening coaching sessions at the Victoria Rooms with Alec and Josser Watling of Rovers. It was organised by the Eagle comic. My autograph book still has the autographs of the 1955 3rd South champions excluding Arthur Milton who had retired, that Alec obtained for me. Definitely a Bristol City legend whose contribution should always be appreciated by present and future supporters.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

That's a great read, I don't know if it's true but I heard from my late grandad that Alec suggested Bert Trautmann but City turned him down.

3 hours ago, Elruliri said:

That's a great read, I don't know if it's true but I heard from my late grandad that Alec suggested Bert Trautmann but City turned him down.

Certainly truth that Trautmann was recommended, I can’t remember if it was Alec though.  Goalie Con Sullivan mentioned it in his interview with Geoff Twentyman.  A very heartwarming interview too.  But City had enough keepers.

On 24/12/2022 at 19:31, Davefevs said:

I played with Ian at Odd Down…fit as a fiddle (unsurprisingly).

I too had the pleasure of playing alongside Ian for WsM Technical College  1980. Ian was doing a PE course as was Neil Sillett who was also in the side. Ian was very fit and loved a tackle, in fact he was fearless. Upfront we had a big Iranian, Mehdi (great sense of humour) with Lawrence, from London, very silky skills. Happy days?

• Like 1

Very nice article. Does seem like he had the complete package of attributes as a footballer.

Pics of him in later life, including when meeting Marina Dolman when he was inducted into the BCFC Hall of Fame show him in blue Hamburger SV cap - so good to see he didn’t lose touch with his roots also.

My dad is a HSV fan so I personally like this element ??

C8BDC978-7EA9-4427-B61D-3A1139AE33BD.png

1D30B34B-DCE5-4B32-A005-7885C8FA7EEA.jpeg

Edited by Andre_The_Giant
  • Like 1