IGNORED

“Maybe it’s a good thing for us to play away from home, it was a game where we really needed the fans”

bcfc ry

11 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Living overseas, this is the first game I’ve been able to get to since 2013. I’m going to quote my Brazilian wife who watched us for the first time ever today and admittedly can be very Latina:

“You cannot let those bitch*s come to your stadium and be louder than you. They made you their bitch*s. I am offended for you. You are not supporters, you are complainers. The only time you make noise for your team is to boo. Your 15 cannot run at people if he doesn’t have the roar behind him. Your 21 cannot win those balls unless he knows you are there. You were made to be bitch*s and you played like them”.

I’m not going to repeat what she said when half the stadium walked out after the second goal but the polite version was: “This is when you support your team”.

On the plus side, we do have a great stadium.

Let's see both of your feedback after watching those performances home and away for the last 2 seasons ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, bcfc ry said:

NP blaming the fans for the loss now…

A man looking for a payout and retirement. 

He simply didn’t do that. He said that ‘it was a game where we needed the fans, and they stuck with us in the most part.’ You could tell he was choosing his words very carefully but at no point did he directly blame the fans.

I’m as frustrated as the next person at the moment. We’ve all watched plenty of shite football over a number of seasons now and we look like a team in real trouble. There’s plenty to be pissed off with Pearson about at the moment but let’s not invent things that didn’t actually happen. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

In fairness to Pearson:

• He does sort of have a point: We might be better off playing away from home - AG is becoming a bit toxic and hasn't had a great atmosphere in recent times.
  • He didn't exactly blame the fans.....people have added that bit on themselves.
  • He finished the sentence with "It was a game where we really needed the fans to get behind us........and they did for the most part".

That being said, it's not a great quote. Even if Pearson does feel that way, it's really not wise to say it. People have/will take it out of context and fans will, rightly or wrongly, be angered by it - Pearson is experienced enough to know this.

FWIW, I think the majority of the fanbase has been fairly understanding and supportive throughout Pearson's reign. I'm not sure NP or the club could have expected much more from us in that time.

Exactly my thoughts from start to finish 

23 minutes ago, Gilli74 said:

Apparently it doesn’t bother him though, as he’s been boo’d out of bigger clubs

214259E4-15BE-4F7C-99A4-86C7FA3C789F.thumb.jpeg.5f3e7d09cb7fc30ed03c7266f53bb8db.jpeg

Although if he also said this, then it does start to look very much like the beginning of the end 

13 minutes ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Poor, toxic atmosphere no doubt. The way that Ashton Gate is currently set out gives an advantage to the away team. However, when all we are being served is absolute predictable shite and there's no signs of change, people are inevitably going to voice their discontent...especially when they have to pay up to £40 for the privilege! 

So typical of the Lansdown era; build a beautiful new stadium but not get the fan placement or singing sections right. I get the Atyeo is the 'worst' stand but it would help the atmosphere significantly in we were in there instead. Going away is not just better for the team; it's better for the fans too. 

Home fans in the Atyeo 1990s to 2016, arghhhh its the layout of Ashton Gate

Away fans in the Atyeo 2016 to date, arghhh its the layout of Ashton Gate

No it ain't, it's the passive Bristolian mentality

Today's atmosphere was utterly **** throughout from first minute to last

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Super said:

He wasn't blaming the fans in fairness. 

I didn’t see it as that myself but perhaps if you have nothing of use to say on a particular subject move onto something else. Silly comment asking for trouble when your team has under performed to the level we have in the last two matches.

22 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Living overseas, this is the first game I’ve been able to get to since 2013. I’m going to quote my Brazilian wife who watched us for the first time ever today and admittedly can be very Latina:

“You cannot let those bitch*s come to your stadium and be louder than you. They made you their bitch*s. I am offended for you. You are not supporters, you are complainers. The only time you make noise for your team is to boo. Your 15 cannot run at people if he doesn’t have the roar behind him. Your 21 cannot win those balls unless he knows you are there. You were made to be bitch*s and you played like them”.

I’m not going to repeat what she said when half the stadium walked out after the second goal but the polite version was: “This is when you support your team”.

Lucky you. Brazilian women are the most beautiful in the world in my eyes and living in Portugal I've been lucky enough to date a few, can't get one to marry me yet though. This could have something to do with them being half my age I suppose

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ashton gate before the redevelopment used to be a good atmosphere, under Wilson and Gary johnson especially 

• Like 3

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Yes, it was absolutely awful from start to finish. I said that myself. It was quite frankly an embarrassment; just like when S82 decided to give young Joe Low absolute dog's abuse against Lincoln.

I do, however, think that giving away fans the entire Atyeo does not help at all. I tell my friends who support other teams that they'd love an away day at Ashton Gate. We've got a lovely city, they'll get to make a hell of a lot of noise in a stand on their own, and they'll most likely win too!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Ashton Gate has become soft and about as intimidating as playing at Wycombe or Forest Green for away fans and players 

21 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Your wife has a very valid point. 

Whilst the results have been poor, and NP doesn't help himself in some aspects...we are a club that has supporters that sing and support when things are going well.

Fans talk about a cosy soft club...well imo, compared to many other clubs, you can include the vocal support in the ground in that.

Yes fans turn up and pay to be there. 

And I get it's hard to support something that's so frustrating. 

Fans expect the players to give their all. 

Turning up in numbers, shows support...but is it enough?

Do the fans need to be more supportive vocally when the chips are down?

I'm thinking out loud so to speak.

Perhaps the fans are more vocally supportive when they see the team doing there hardest, and agree with the team set up/ selection...even if they are losing.

I guess the lack of vocal support recently is because they aren't seeing that anymore and don't trust the manager. 

It starting to look like the last days of SoD and Cotts.

41 minutes ago, SydneyCity said:

Not gonna lie. I’m pretty jealous of you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcfc ry said:

Are you referring to the club interview with Nige?  Because if so, it’s probably worth listening to the full segment which your quote comes from.  Because he’s not saying anything like you’re suggesting (imho).

• Like 4

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nigel-pearson-bristol-city-hostile-7970338 

He really hasn't helped himself again in these quotes.

Regarding WBA... Quote... 'They’re actually now getting the best out of their own players, but when we played them at their place, we beat them 2-0 comfortably on the night because they had players that were coasting, and they weren’t getting the best out of their players, so it depends how you want to look at it.'

If that's the case...what does that say about his own management and our players? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gilli74 said:

Apparently it doesn’t bother him though, as he’s been boo’d out of bigger clubs

214259E4-15BE-4F7C-99A4-86C7FA3C789F.thumb.jpeg.5f3e7d09cb7fc30ed03c7266f53bb8db.jpeg

I take it this is from the “written press” interview after Club and BBCRB one?

Just found it:

89BE1262-8ADC-41E9-A1AB-04D98CE5D143.thumb.jpeg.55e0d14c98f9cc21417a2ffd0390b74b.jpeg

84C49AFA-3645-4A5F-9A80-2141BBAA8DDC.thumb.jpeg.9d3246749ddfbb35aa1be0f9d8278051.jpeg

Blimey, are we really up in arms about these kind of comments from Pearson?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, bcfc ry said:

Nige didn't actually say that, he didn't blame the fans although intimated the atmos didn't help which is probably true albeit chicken and egg.

He'll be gone before too long and with a pay-out but it will be due to results not his comments.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

There were no trains and no buses. And many people have unavoidable Boxing Day commitments. If he is complaining about that, it shows a remarkable lack of insight into other people’s lives and ability to adapt to circumstances.

There were no trains and no buses and WBA sold out their end.

West Brom weren't exactly ear splitting when we beat them up there earlier in the season while they were playing poorly. Today, their form has picked up and they were winning and they were noisy, funny that.

We've been generally shit for close on 5 years now. Even 1982 and all that didn't go on for this long before something good happened. We have won once at home since August including getting utterly embarrassed at home to Lincoln. I'm surprised people turn up at all let alone make a load of noise. What is there to be noisy about?  

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Nige didn't actually say that, he didn't blame the fans although intimated the atmos didn't help which is probably true albeit chicken and egg.

He'll be gone before too long and with a pay-out but it will be due to results not his comments.

And he’s openly said plenty of times it’s up to the football to get the fans off their feet not the other way around.

• Like 1

Overreaction to the ‘blaming fans’ scenario. However if he’s said the ‘bigger stadiums’ comment, he is old and wise enough to know exactly how that will be construed. He claims he can take it but at the first bit of serious flack aimed his way he’s very clearly bothered. 

And simply saying the phrase ‘I take responsibility’ in the middle of 6 minutes of blaming everything and everyone else is not taking responsibility. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

He's not doing well with these post match interviews is he. The Atkinson one last week riled a lot of people, let's follow that up by digging out the fans. The man's not helping himself

The cheer when Atkinson came on for king says it all aha

50 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

It's without doubt the most flat boxing day atmosphere I think I've ever known. And I was there at the bottom of the 4th.

I thought the reaction to King’s injury was appalling & I doubt that lightened his mood.

I wouldn’t started with him but he certainly wasn’t at fault with the goal & cheering him having to go off was really poor.

First time today that you felt a good percentage of the crowd were against him, so I completely get his comments & as I think he’s short of time maybe playing away does give us the best opportunity of a shock result.

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

He simply didn’t do that. He said that ‘it was a game where we needed the fans, and they stuck with us in the most part.’ You could tell he was choosing his words very carefully but at no point did he directly blame the fans.

I’m as frustrated as the next person at the moment. We’ve all watched plenty of shite football over a number of seasons now and we look like a team in real trouble. There’s plenty to be pissed off with Pearson about at the moment but let’s not invent things that didn’t actually happen. 

True.

• Like 3