IGNORED

If Nige was gone and Euell was in temporary charge

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, this isn’t what’s happening, but it is the first stage of what will happen if Nige is sacked / leaves.

Is this what we need at this crucial point of the season?

There is no planning, ie someone lined up, so will take a while / weeks to sort.

Sorry for a misleading headline…always best to read the whole thing! ???

And the winner for the best clicbait goes too...!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave- I think you're losing it.

Never has I seen anyone quite so obsessed with the defence of a manager. The Inheritance tax thread you started. 

It's almost like you're laying a trail of justification. 

Just maybe you have been wrong and Nige is not the man to take this club forward and maybe at some point you will have to hold your hands up and say "I was wrong"?

In my opinion, obvs.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, this isn’t what’s happening, but it is the first stage of what will happen if Nige is sacked / leaves.

There is no planning, ie someone lined up, so will take a while / weeks to sort.

Dafyd you are being a tad mischievous !!!

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Well, quite. This is where we are, and until there is some planning, this is where we will always be.

The people who run the club saw a man who had achieved little in his last few jobs, managed 2 wins in 10 games whilst in temporary charge, and had already started showing his abrasiveness and decided he should get a 3 year contract as manager. This is a mess of their own making and each time they make a change without giving it sufficient thought they make it worse and worse.

I'm not exactly "Pearson out" because I was never "Pearson in". It was a stupid move from the start, but to get rid of him without a plan might well be even stupider.

• Like 3

To answer the OP I genuinely no longer know.

Euell would be a massive gamble but when NP goes this is almost certainly the road that we’re going down (or Andy King) so we probably ought to at least get our heads around it.

There are supposedly plans for more changes in the playing staff next month than in the previous 2 Januarys, (you don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes for instance to work out why Martin wasn’t in the squad yesterday) my hunch is that 2 more defeats might well spell the end of NP, so who knows what that would mean there.

The optimist in me says an unproven young coach has to come right for us at some point, but this is a difficult & crucial time for anyone to step up.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Lot of assumptions there Dave.  Do you really think there is no planning for the future??…

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Lot of assumptions there Dave.  Do you really think there is no planning for the future??…

Not in regards to acting now, no I don’t.  Do I think the club might have some names on a list for a future appointment, yes I do.  My OP was about sacking now.

I hadn’t heard the Dean Smith news when I posted either. That could change the heirarchy’s view I guess.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Troll thread!

No really, Dave, clickbait…maybe!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Remember the shambles that was the Holden appointment?

Ashton said we had “high calibre candidates both in the UK & Europe”, we then farted around deciding whether to appoint Hughton or not before appointing LJ’s assistant after 6 weeks of searching, what do you think?

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Not in regards to acting now, no I don’t.  Do I think the club might have some names on a list for a future appointment, yes I do.  My OP was about sacking now.

I hadn’t heard the Dean Smith news when I posted either. That could change the heirarchy’s view I guess.

No really, Dave, clickbait…maybe!

Just a bit needless in the current circumstances but up to you 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Just a bit needless in the current circumstances but up to you 

A thread title that doesn’t quite align with the thread content…on OTIB of all places…how novel?

Dave - in the last 24 hours, in a couple of your posts you’ve been quite content to take a headline (or someone quoting an headline from somewhere else) and go with it.  Now it’s deemed needless in the circumstances, but that’s up to you I guess too.

Mods can change if they like.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Isn’t that what we do sometimes on OTIB?  How many threads have we got on Vyner, Sack Nige, etc.

You’ve deliberately started a thread on a wind up just to post your opinion again. You’ve started or contributed to other similar threads in the last couple of days. You don’t agree with the ‘Pearson out’ view (I’m probably more aligned with your view FFWIW), but you need to accept others disagree with you.

Poor form from you, you’re a better poster than you’ve shown here.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A thread title that doesn’t quite align with the thread content…on OTIB of all places…how novel?

Dave - in the last 24 hours, in a couple of your posts you’ve been quite content to take a headline (or someone quoting an headline from somewhere else) and go with it.  Now it’s deemed needless in the circumstances, but that’s up to you I guess too.

Mods can change if they like.

Just screams of attention seeking really 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

You’ve deliberately started a thread on a wind up just to post your opinion again. You’ve started or contributed to other similar threads in the last couple of days. You don’t agree with the ‘Pearson out’ view (I’m probably more aligned with your view FFWIW), but you need to accept others disagree with you.

Poor form from you, you’re a better poster than you’ve shown here.

Yeah, maybe.

I do accept others have a different viewpoint, it’s why I post, to have a good discussion about it, bring different context to the discussion.

I’m pretty polite in the way I discuss on here, I don’t just say things like “you’re wrong”, I try and discuss, I try to bring out people’s thoughts as to why they feel the way they do.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on, it would be a terrible idea and a shitty reward for OK stewardship of a though financial period. 

• Like 2