IGNORED

If Nige was gone and Euell was in temporary charge

Davefevs

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, this isn’t what’s happening, but it is the first stage of what will happen if Nige is sacked / leaves.

Is this what we need at this crucial point of the season?

There is no planning, ie someone lined up, so will take a while / weeks to sort.

Sorry for a misleading headline…always best to read the whole thing! ???

Please god make this be true tomorrow morning!!

WE WANT PEARSON OUT!!! SAY WE WANT PEARSON OUT!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It won’t haunt me.  When I post I try to give my reasons for my opinions, and these are what I think.  Others are just as passionate in their opposing opinions.  I don’t see anyone haunted by being wrong, apart from in jest.

Do you really think I’ve spent 6 years posting a lot for the attention?  I read OTIB for a few years before someone told me I didn’t need to pay to post, but when I did join, I paid anyway.  No, Its because I love discussing all things Bristol City, good, bad and indifferent, with those I agree with and those I don’t.  But I hope, in the main, in a respectful, polite way.

You do. There are very few people that I tend to read their every post. I do so as they are well written, educational and informative and written with passion, and of course you can inject a bit of humour amongst the facts and stats. 

Keep 'em coming as they say?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

We’ve had some poor threads over the years on the forum but this one is a new low. A click bait thread just to regurgitate what has been said many times before.  I’m sorry @Davefevs but I’ve got to agree with @Marina's Rolls Royce - you’re losing it. 

Hey, that’s fine Pongo88.

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

We’ve had some poor threads over the years on the forum but this one is a new low. A click bait thread just to regurgitate what has been said many times before.  I’m sorry @Davefevs but I’ve got to agree with @Marina's Rolls Royce - you’re losing it. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Could've been worse:  Pearson gone, Barton appointed

:laughcont:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hope my comments didn’t come across as being too rude (they probably did) as I respect your input. It’s just that you can have too much of a good thing. As the saying goes -  less is more 

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

This is a really poor way to earn thread views and reacts.

do people post on OTIB for volumes of views and reacts?  Does that honestly happen?

Rarely would I call for mod intervention, but this probably needs looking at.

I asked several times earlier on the post

⬆️⬆️⬆️

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I hope my comments didn’t come across as being too rude (they probably did) as I respect your input. It’s just that you can have too much of a good thing. As the saying goes -  less is more 

No, not at all, it’s why I replied politely P88, as I try to all (ahem, most) posters.  It’s a forum to express our views.

There’s not one post on here I’ve read that I see as rude.  They’re just views / opinions.

I’d rather in hindsight chosen a better thread title, but the content of my OP remains, and I’d rather the focus was on that, but hey-ho, sometimes things don’t go how you want them too.

As I said, I post a lot, I expect some flak…but you did it in a perfectly acceptable way.  No issues from me.  Some people would be getting all pissy, etc.  I’m not like that.  Opinionated, yes, sirree, but not horrible.  Honestly.

• Like 3

Just now, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

You are one of the more prolific contributors to this forum, who I did consider a very sensible poster until this bizarre move.

Starting this thread (which does have some valid discussion within) with the title you did is clearly misleading and a very silly thing to do imo.

A title like “Nige gone, Euell in temporary charge” normally would only be used if an announcement had been made by the club/on the OS. With a title like that, the thread will automatically generate views and reacts regardless of whether this is a poster’s aim or not. 

I just feel it seems a bit wrong that a misleading thread title will get this level of interaction. Newer visitors to the forum may look at a posters views/reacts as an indicator of their repute.

Either re-name the thread or delete it (mods?)

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

You are one of the more prolific contributors to this forum, who I did consider a very sensible poster until this bizarre move.

Starting this thread (which does have some valid discussion within) with the title you did is clearly misleading and a very silly thing to do imo.

A title like “Nige gone, Euell in temporary charge” normally would only be used if an announcement had been made by the club/on the OS. With a title like that, the thread will automatically generate views and reacts regardless of whether this is a poster’s aim or not. 

I just feel it seems a bit wrong that a misleading thread title will get this level of interaction. Newer visitors to the forum may look at a posters views/reacts as an indicator of their repute.

Wow.

Great user name.

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Which is what I asked.

Ever admit to getting something a bit wrong?  I did.  You live and learn.

Quick twopenneth on this.

The thread title was misleading, and I think Dave has acknowledged it was a misstep. I opened it with a “wow, what have I missed” reaction and most probably did the same. I’d question whether it was a needed thread as the same point was made on other threads (although we are all guilty of that), and the fact that 90% of the replies here aren’t talking about the point made but are about the need for the post (including this one) indicates it wasn’t something that was crying out for a new post discussing this specific.

Against that, I acknowledge that there were a sea of posts last night and salient points may have been missed amongst angry face emojis.

I’d call it a misstep. Ultimately the thread title and its “Clickbait” nature has meant Daves point hasn’t been discussed - the unknown is whether a better titled post would have instigated a discussion. My feeling is probably not as it’s been raised elsewhere.

Probably one to just put to bed but vitriol unnecessary.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Wow.

Great user name.

Thanks, I like to think the variety of usernames make this forum a more humorous place.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Which is what I asked.

Ever admit to getting something a bit wrong?  I did.  You live and learn.

This post comes across as a rhetorical question, but in any case - yes, I can admit I was wrong in my view that NP would deliver a top half/play-off pushing side following his appointment (despite the financial limitations). I should have had much lower expectations.

I very much want him to succeed, but sadly just can't see enough progress. As for Euell/Flemming as interim management options - they're inappropriate choices for me as under their coaching our defense is very naive and our formerly potent striking options seem decidedly off the boil. 

^Hopefully this is more along the lines of discussion you wanted to generate?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Remember the shambles that was the Holden appointment?

Ashton said we had “high calibre candidates both in the UK & Europe”, we then farted around deciding whether to appoint Hughton or not before appointing LJ’s assistant after 6 weeks of searching, what do you think?

I wouldn’t trust Steve Lansdown to get the Managerial appointment at the local corner shop right tbh. If Nige is sacked that is 100% cementing relegation with him and Junior making the next appointment.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I wouldn’t trust Steve Lansdown to get the Managerial appointment at the local corner shop right tbh. If Nige is sacked that is 100% cementing relegation with him and Junior making the next appointment.

Yet they appointed NP...so perhaps they've seen the light at last? 

4 hours ago, Henry said:

You’ve deliberately started a thread on a wind up just to post your opinion again. You’ve started or contributed to other similar threads in the last couple of days. You don’t agree with the ‘Pearson out’ view (I’m probably more aligned with your view FFWIW), but you need to accept others disagree with you.

Poor form from you, you’re a better poster than you’ve shown here.

If even @Davefevsis showing poor form, we really are doomed!

No need for people to ‘boo’ him as well (to which hopefully the response is ‘I’ve been booed on far bigger forums’). Hardly a bookable offence on which, after all, is a football forum. 

• Haha 8

18 minutes ago, eardun said:

If even @Davefevsis showing poor form, we really are doomed!

No need for people to ‘boo’ him as well (to which hopefully the response is ‘I’ve been booed on far bigger forums’). Hardly a bookable offence on which, after all, is a football forum. 

OTIB is as big as it gets!

• Like 1