IGNORED

Dean smith - Sacked (merged)

Banjo Island

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

But wasn't that recruitment, we've just publicly said how good it is having Tinnion doing that following his success with the academy, are we going to now say that was a mistake before a single transfer window?

Recruitment was Walsh - CS was Nige's assistant at Hull and Leicester.

• Like 1

Quote... 

Smith publicly questioned the attitude of some fans after the home defeat by Blackburn on 17 December and said playing away was better for his side.

"I think a lot of them have been waiting for this period to happen, or wanting it to - I don't know," he told BBC Radio Norfolk at the time. 

???must be a Wurzel thing ?

Edited by spudski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, spudski said:

Quote... 

Smith publicly questioned the attitude of some fans after the home defeat by Blackburn on 17 December and said playing away was better for his side.

"I think a lot of them have been waiting for this period to happen, or wanting it to - I don't know," he told BBC Radio Norfolk at the time. 

???

? Christ, what a blunder...

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

I know... NP's post match interview was a bit bizarre I thought.

It's frustration coming out. Ground hog day. You could tell by his demeanor in the interview that he was punch drunk.

You can only keep saying the same things over and over...you eventually run out of narrative.

He may as well have said...' same old shit, different day '.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's frustration coming out. Ground hog day. You could tell by his demeanor in the interview that he was punch drunk.

You can only keep saying the same things over and over...you eventually run out of narrative.

He may as well have said...' same old shit, different day '.

I think I might have preferred it if he did say that to be honest! ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

To be honest I could see where NP was coming from, we've just been booed off and you could hear the frustration and criticism all afternoon so his instinct was to say it may be better away from the pressure of playing at home. I think as soon as he said it he wanted to get away from that subject and trued to word it as kindly as possible thereafter, do those interviews go out live on Robins TV cus they could have just cut it short and started again surely?

41 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Having watched Cotts team wallop Dean Smith's Walsall on multiple occasions I was always dubious of his ability. He was lucky to manage Brentford who recruited class players for his side. Wouldn't want him here.

Always thought Frank was a bit of an upgrade on him, although it could also have been a bit right place right time sort of thing.

2 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Almost like he was trying to get sacked I thought…. Wouldn’t be surprised if he felt success here now was a decent pay-off and early retirement.   

As for everyone suggesting Shakespeare - which of the coaching team NP brought in (to replace the existing coaching team he was going to work with) do you think he will sack? Euell or Fleming? 

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Having watched Cotts team wallop Dean Smith's Walsall on multiple occasions I was always dubious of his ability. He was lucky to manage Brentford who recruited class players for his side. Wouldn't want him here.

I always quite liked Dean Smith until he went to Villa.  My mate who’s followed him quite closely says “he can’t build a defence”.  No word of a lie!

• Hmmm 1

15 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

Norwich, 5th in the league sack there manager.

Meanwhile here at Bristol City, Nigel Pearson with a 26% win rate, can't win at home, can't play players in their correct positions, seems to be unsackable. 

Quite right too. He’s still cleaning up the mess created by the Visigoths in the 4th century. 

3 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Quite right too. He’s still cleaning up the mess created by the Visigoths in the 4th century. 

I know it was a really poor attempt at humour, but even you must see that trying to draw any parallel between us & Norwich is simply ridiculous?

Eustace at Birmingham would surely be the better argument or even Ince at Reading, if you’re trying to make the case?

Probably this is all lost on you though..

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I know it was a really poor attempt at humour, but even you must see that trying to draw any parallel between us & Norwich is simply ridiculous?

Eustace at Birmingham would surely be the better argument or even Ince at Reading, if you’re trying to make the case?

Probably this is all lost on you though..

I’ve literally no idea what you’re talking about, Graham.  

I am as worried as anyone. Our current form two awkward away games to come. But is it really the time for big changes? There must be plans for incoming and outgoing players from Jan window. A new manager and/coaching staff just seems to me to be too big a change. Yes I have been big NP fan but my patience is wearing thin. But I just feel we need stability and to get behind the team. I could not make last few games I been away. But just feeling we need to trust in NP