IGNORED

Dean smith - Sacked (merged)

Banjo Island

Every club will sack a Manager when results and performances have dropped off.  I am not saying we should hire Dean Smith but not so sure why our club are reluctant to get rid. I have supported Pearson since he came and thought he would be a good fit. Its just not working out and think nows the time to say Goodbye to Nige.

He is certainly not doing himself any favours at the minute.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Also Shakespeare. Maybe Nige can reform the band again and get him with us. 

But wasn't that recruitment, we've just publicly said how good it is having Tinnion doing that following his success with the academy, are we going to now say that was a mistake before a single transfer window?

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

But wasn't that recruitment, we've just publicly said how good it is having Tinnion doing that following his success with the academy, are we going to now say that was a mistake before a single transfer window?

Shakespeare was his coach/assistant, Walsh was recruitment

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Shakespeare was a coach/assistant under Nige. Steve Walsh was Nige's DoF who did the recruitment (the guy who recommended Mahrez, Vardy etc)

Just now, robinforlife2 said:

Norwich, 5th in the league sack there manager.

Meanwhile here at Bristol City, Nigel Pearson with a 26% win rate, can't win at home, can't play players in their correct positions, seems to be unsackable. 

It's the Lansdown way !

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Every club will sack a Manager when results and performances have dropped off.  I am not saying we should hire Dean Smith but not so sure why our club are reluctant to get rid. I have supported Pearson since he came and thought he would be a good fit. Its just not working out and think nows the time to say Goodbye to Nige.

He is certainly not doing himself any favours at the minute.

The reason we keep Managers when they are failing is due to Steve Lansdown. He will keep Pearson until we are in the relegation zone or start getting heavily beaten at home. Otherwise he will let Pearson blunder on and on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Shakespeare was his coach/assistant, Walsh was recruitment

For info, Walsh was also his coach too.  He spent training sessions on the grass with Nige and CS.  As did Rennie too.  Walsh had Mackenzie doing the technical scouting.  I honestly don’t know what actual scouting they had.

21 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Meanwhile here at Bristol City, Nigel Pearson with a 26% win rate, can't win at home, can't play players in their correct positions, seems to be unsackable. 

Norwich with benefit of huge parachute monies in a slightly different situation to ours with FFP issues I would suggest

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, megansdad said:

Norwich with benefit of huge parachute monies in a slightly different situation to ours with FFP issues I would suggest

Indeed!

They posted a profit in 2021 that wipes out the loss of 2022, let alone FFP allowable losses and Covid allowances.  They have huge FFP headroom and a good squad too, inc two players that cost £10m combined in the summer.

image.thumb.png.cf426fb8b78f2bd6b3b094123a09b50a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think he would but not in current circumstances.

You are right he wouldn’t come here now with the dire financial situation we are in.

I’ve said it many times before on this forum but when are stock was at the highest it has been in long long time (2017 to the summer of 2019 ish) we could have had the pick of many managers IMO.

As we all know the Lansdown family spectacularly backed the wrong Horse in the Ashton/Johnson regime and let the numpties spunk away millions and millions. We now find ourselves in the situation we are in.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Dean smith - Sacked (merged)
1 hour ago, robinforlife2 said:

Yes, because the ambitions of both clubs, the problems their managers are trying to resolve, and their ability to address those problems, are so similar aren't they? 

**** me. 

• Like 4