IGNORED

Millwall away match thread

On a cold and unforgiving night, two ruthless teams will meet on the pitch in a fight for dominance. The home team, Millwall, is feared for their impenetrable defense and volatile fans, who are known for their chilling chant of "No one likes us, we don't care!" Despite their fearsome reputation, even they have managed to attract a few famous supporters, including actor Daniel Day-Lewis and former heavyweight boxing champion David Haye. Their opponents, Bristol City, have had a tumultuous season and will need to bring their best game if they hope to survive against the menacing Lions. The match will be controlled by a ruthless police officer-turned-referee, and both teams will be missing key players due to injury. In the end, only one team can emerge victorious in this brutal battle. Will it be the relentless Millwall or the hapless underdogs from Bristol City? Tune in to find out, if you dare.

• Like 1

The result will depend on the players NP selects and the positions they are asked to play in eg; N Wells in goal is not good, playing a goal scoring attacking midfielder as a full/wing back is not a great plan either, while sitting defenders on the bench. Round pegs round holes and go for their throats, we have some good players f.f.s play them in the right formation/positions and we are a match for anyone. :dunno:

42 minutes ago, gl2 said:

The result will depend on the players NP selects and the positions they are asked to play in eg; N Wells in goal is not good, playing a goal scoring attacking midfielder as a full/wing back is not a great plan either, while sitting defenders on the bench. Round pegs round holes and go for their throats, we have some good players f.f.s play them in the right formation/positions and we are a match for anyone. :dunno:

Don't know about anyone, but certainly should be able to match Millwall, IF NP gets rid of his stubborn head and picks, as you sat, round pegs in round holes.

AW must play in the hole, behind the top two, move AS to central M/F and drop Williams, Tanner or Sykes at RWB. Atkinson CB not King.

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1
10 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Yes please old EastEnder - would like him up alongside Conway ideally,, whichever way the RWB shit has to stop.

NP reacted to the question of why he persists with AW at WB and he replied that he scored a goal from there. :dunno:
Evidently he wants more from his WBs but I hope he calls time on the experiment with AW. Get him up top where he can score and make more than one goal.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Yes please old EastEnder - would like him up alongside Conway ideally,, whichever way the RWB shit has to stop.

The partnership of Wells/Conway has looked great at times, but we need to get the service and link ups going again. That IMO is getting AW behind the front 2 and Sykes or Tanner at RWB. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

NP reacted to the question of why he persists with AW at WB and he replied that he scored a goal from there. :dunno:
Evidently he wants more from his WBs but I hope he calls time on the experiment with AW. Get him up top where he can score and make more than one goal.

So Nige wants his wing backs to score more goals so his master plan is to play his goal scorers there. Brilliant.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
7 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Don't know about anyone, but certainly should be able to match Millwall, IF NP gets rid of his stubborn head and picks, as you sat, round pegs in round holes.

AW must play in the hole, behind the top two, move AS to central M/F and drop Williams, Tanner or Sykes at RWB. Atkinson CB not King.

That’s what I’d do too.  I honestly don’t think it’s stubborn though, I think it’s for reasons he’s explained, in his mind (and he sees them every day) out of necessity.  If Atkinson comes back in then we can then judge his performance.  Assuming he plays well, some on here will say Nige should never have left him out, some will say that maybe Nige managed it well. I’ll just be happy to see Rob back on form.

Others wanting Semenyo back in.  I would too (to rotate Tommy), but I’m also mindful he spat his dummy out (multiple sources) when named in the u21s!

28 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

A big game for Max tonight. He's gonna be tested time and time again. Not good on both goals on Saturday, can't afford to 'give' them anything tonight. Here's hoping he has a Middlesbrough .

I agree. Don’t waste this chance Max.

• Like 1

It’s impossible to get through a game without some sort of mistake here and there but we make far too many critical ones when there is absolutely no reason to. Those ones are always getting punished unfortunately at the moment. 
Lost count of the number of goals we’ve conceded and the other team haven’t done much else other than the goals practically gifted to them. 

It’s a ridiculously tight league and I feel we really need this one. We definitely have a team more than capable of getting a good result against most teams - but please no more Cruyf turns on the halfway line when you’re the last defender, no more hospital passes and bloody move for each other to make the pass easy. 

• Like 2

Would genuinely take 0-0 tonight. We can't afford a defeat, morale is already at a low. Personally think it's going to be very very tough.

Would not be surprised to see Bentley back in tonight. Yes his distribution is questionable but he's the better shot stopper of him and Max and we may come under siege early tonight.

Millwall often look for an early goal, then frustrate. A goal behind in the first 25 minutes could be a disaster for us. 

Every manager normally has that game that tips the scales. I want for a performance and a result tonight, heck I would take us to be played off the pitch and scrap a 0-0 or a smash and grab 1-0 win, but I fear a 3-0 or 3-1 Millwall and if that happens, I feel this will be game that wields the Axe on NP. I suspect NP would have preferred Coventry before Millwall, as you fancy us to get something from Coventry, but this will be tough.

I don't feel it will be pleasant viewing for City fans tonight.

I'll take 0-0 all day long. 

• Like 1