IGNORED

Nigel’s Agent

Silvio Dante

Forgetting the Agent comment it was interesting that both Nige and Naismith praised the fans last night. I think the club realised that whatever the rights and wrongs, misquotes and the like it was a bad look on Boxing Day full stop and sometimes pride needs to be swallowed. The last thing they need is the fans turning.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I believe Hughtons knowledge of the squad (at that time), was appalling. Which concerned the board.

He wanted a complete re-shuffle. Something the board weren’t willing to risk (and rightly so).

But we’re prepared to let Little Lee and his side kick Ashton literally re-shuffle the squad every transfer window.

Admittedly Hughton had a shocker at Forest but i think with time and a good amount of money he will do well for you at this level - take what he did at Brighton for example.

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

But we’re prepared to let Little Lee and his side kick Ashton literally re-shuffle the squad every transfer window.

Admittedly Hughton had a shocker at Forest but i think with time and a good amount of money he will do well for you at this level - take what he did at Brighton for example.

Agree but our problem was at the time we never had a pot to piss in and still don’t to a large degree.

Edited by Numero Uno

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree but our problem was at the time we never had a pot to piss in and still don’t to a large degree.

Indeed. As has been said over and over again on here SL and the board backed the wrong horse in Ashton and LJ.

Had they of backed somebody tried and tested like Hughton chances are it would have yielded much better results.

We certainly wouldn’t have been speculatively spunking millions upon millions on players from aboard for example. Hughton would have gotten in some tried and tested players at this level at least, which always helps..

Edited by Bris Red

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Forgetting the Agent comment it was interesting that both Nige and Naismith praised the fans last night. I think the club realised that whatever the rights and wrongs, misquotes and the like it was a bad look on Boxing Day full stop and sometimes pride needs to be swallowed. The last thing they need is the fans turning.

In fairness, they (Nige and players) compliment the fans most games…there’s generally always a Q from Dave B re the fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

We didn’t have the scope to do this though, as we had just come off the back of a season with one of our highest spends under LJ. Admittedly with the sale of Webster funding this.

That season we had signed Kalas, Palmer and Dasilva permanently, in addition we signed: Wells, Bentley, Massengo, Nagy, plus loans of Afobe, Perreira and Benkovic. And I’m probably forgetting more.

For what Hughton was asking for (allegedly), I’m glad the board didn’t take the risk. 

27 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

We didn’t have the scope to do this though, as we had just come off the back of a season with one of our highest spends under LJ. Admittedly with the sale of Webster funding this.

That season we had signed Kalas, Palmer and Dasilva permanently, in addition we signed: Wells, Bentley, Massengo, Nagy, plus loans of Afobe, Perreira and Benkovic. And I’m probably forgetting more.

For what Hughton was asking for (allegedly), I’m glad the board didn’t take the risk. 

image.png.0ff09686294c16dc7f1e29b4c64fb84f.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Yep. That was the summer where we lost the plot in terms of trying to build a squad and it was basically trading for trading's sake. E.g, sign Palmer permanently when we've not long signed Szmodics and already have Paterson on the books, sign Massengo and Nagy so we have to move Pack on etc.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. That was the summer where we lost the plot in terms of trying to build a squad and it was basically trading for trading's sake. E.g, sign Palmer permanently when we've not long signed Szmodics and already have Paterson on the books, sign Massengo and Nagy so we have to move Pack on etc.

I remember the summer deadline day, to say we were scrambling would be an understatement.

One second we were linked to Charlie Austin, the next Bobby Reid, then Afobe out of nowhere. All on ridiculous wages.

Nagy signs, then we suddenly sell Pack to Cardiff.

It was a mess.

• Like 2

My response from Dean (NPs agent) seems totally reasonable:

‘As I've said on Twitter in a couple of replies, I just wanted to give my opinion and show my support to my client, as I do regularly for other clients on that platform.

I don't mind the reaction, debate is a good thing. We all want success for the club, and we all want it as soon as possible, but given the task Nige has and the circumstances at the club during his time in charge, it will take time.

Best wishes for 2023 for you and your family, and hopefully further progress for Bristol City.’

Dean

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

My response from Dean (NPs agent) seems totally reasonable:

‘As I've said on Twitter in a couple of replies, I just wanted to give my opinion and show my support to my client, as I do regularly for other clients on that platform.

I don't mind the reaction, debate is a good thing. We all want success for the club, and we all want it as soon as possible, but given the task Nige has and the circumstances at the club during his time in charge, it will take time.

Best wishes for 2023 for you and your family, and hopefully further progress for Bristol City.’

Dean

not much more to be said is there, fair play for contacting him JB?

• Like 1