IGNORED

Pele RIP

bcfcredandwhite

Some highlights of his greatest ever performance here. This was the equivalent of the Champions League at the time, as South American clubs were on more of a par with their European counterparts. 

One of the all-time greats who will be sadly missed. RIP Pele

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 1

Brilliant player, the GoaT in the eyes of many and I’m one of them  He was ahead oh his time and if he were around today he’d be almost priceless.

His performances in the 1970 WC were jaw dropping and as teenager I’d never seen anyone as awesome as he was. He laid on the fourth Brazilian goal for Carlos Alberto after wonderful team move - voted the best WC goal ever. It was his header that Banks saved, voted the best WC save ever.

A sad day for Brazil and the world of football,

Edited by Robbored

I’m too young to have seen Pele play, so can’t comment on whether he was or where he stands in the greatest debate.

However, this was my first memory of him growing up. Allegedy first take.

While filming, Sylvester Stallone, not believing football was difficult, bet Pele he couldn’t score in six penalties.

Pele scored all six. Stallone got a finger to one which was dislocated in the process.

• Like 2

Played pretty much all his career in Brazil for Santos, apart from the payday years with New York Cosmos. Most of us only saw him at World Cups which added to the mythology as this Godlike genius would appear in our lives once every 4 years. Unlike Maradona, or Messi, he was a superstar in a team of superstars and still looked head and shoulders above them all.

Someone posted this link a few weeks ago, but now it seems even more relevant. If you are not old enough to have seen him, take a look at why he was the greatest for my generation.

• Like 1