IGNORED

How many good decisions have the Lansdowns made

BigAl&Toby

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yep, we all know how this usually ends.

Don't know the actual stats but would guess that 8, or even 9, out of 10 times an owner sells up to someone wealthier in an attempt to move a club forward...

...it goes tits up.

Whatever the actual stats, the odds are still that SL will pass the baton to someone who fails, quite possibly disastrously, rather than someone who turns out to be a roaring success. 

Given he chose so many unsuitable managers, at the very least I'm praying he's asked someone else to find us a suitable new owner rather than do it himself. Or ask Jonboy. 

It's going to be a massive roll of the dice either way. 

Certainly can do, outside of top levels it often will do.

West Brom, Charlton are two- Burnley seem to have managed it well so far but went from debt free and exceedingly well run to a leveraged buyout! Could you imagine if we were subject to a leveraged buyout at this level- we would be screwed!

Or he could sell to a fantasist or at best someone who will chase the dream and we fail FFP as has happened to a few of late.

If he sells up in a very good financial and FFP position then that will leave a stronger margin for error but time will tell as to how these will look at the time of sale.

Or even a new owner could be light on ready cash let's say and fund our inevitable shortfalls in cash flow via high interest loans, from MSD for example. Loans that would be secured against club assets etc.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Certainly can do, outside of top levels it often will do.

West Brom, Charlton are two- Burnley seem to have managed it well so far but went from debt free and exceedingly well run to a leveraged buyout! Could you imagine if we were subject to a leveraged buyout at this level- we would be screwed!

Or he could sell to a fantasist or at best someone who will chase the dream and we fail FFP as has happened to a few of late.

If he sells up in a very good financial and FFP position then that will leave a stronger margin for error but time will tell as to how these will look at the time of sale.

Or even a new owner could be light on ready cash let's say and fund our inevitable shortfalls in cash flow via high interest loans, from MSD for example. Loans that would be secured against club assets etc.

This is what I don't understand with the want SL out brigade, what they want? It can't be extra money as far as I understand you can't just put extra money into the club over what SL is doing due to FFP, without perhaps being creative, bending the rules and running the risk of doing a Derby. 

So you could have a new board and different people, but run the risk of who these people are and how they finance the club just to have someone different at the helm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

This is what I don't understand with the want SL out brigade, what they want? It can't be extra money as far as I understand you can't just put extra money into the club over what SL is doing due to FFP, without perhaps being creative, bending the rules and running the risk of doing a Derby. 

So you could have a new board and different people, but run the risk of who these people are and how they finance the club just to have someone different at the helm.

I don’t want him out.  I just wish, as per my earlier post, he’d got in more professional football help.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t want him out.  I just wish, as per my earlier post, he’d got in more professional football help.

My post was aimed at the few who coninually pop up on the back of a couple of defeats, trying to create a groundswell against SL and wanting him out and what that could achieve.

Also take your point which would seem to havve been addressed, we have a manager in NP, who is not afraid to tell SL where its going wrong, Tinman now running recruitment and a new CEO who could not be more experienced it would seem SL now has the football people in place, just need an upturn in results.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

My post was aimed at the few who coninually pop up on the back of a couple of defeats, trying to create a groundswell against SL and wanting him out and what that could achieve.

Also take your point which would seem to havve been addressed, we have a manager in NP, who is not afraid to tell SL where its going wrong, Tinman now running recruitment and a new CEO who could not be more experienced it would seem SL now has the football people in place, just need an upturn in results.

I would agree with that. Those three utterly key roles are now filled with experienced football people finally.

Results do need to improve and quickly, but I am optimistic that will happen and we can start to progress forward.

The very last thing we need is to end up in the bottom three in the next few weeks and for SL to pull the trigger on NP. In that scenario I would understand why he would as relegation would be a disaster,  but a new manager / head coach would want to do things differently, which I get, but it is not something that we need right now.

I don’t believe - currently - that we will be in trouble but we need to start picking up points very soon.

• Like 2

On 30/12/2022 at 08:42, spudski said:

FFS...you wake up from a decent hard earned point on the road, and your first thought is to post this. ????

who's to say he didn't aim to post it before the result? Not that its relevant.

Some of you have to realise and accept this forum is for ALL  opinions without being shouted down by the usual clique