IGNORED

Ronaldo apparently signs for Saudis

Unan

9 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Really quite disappointed by this. 

How does it go from him wanting to leave United in the summer for Champions league football to basically turning semi pro? I guess everyone has their price. 

Who wanted him that’s the question,not many and when it comes to money I think we are all the same,we all need to provide for our families future,if I was offered the money he was offered then it’s a no brainier 

56 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Really quite disappointed by this. 

How does it go from him wanting to leave United in the summer for Champions league football to basically turning semi pro? I guess everyone has their price. 

I would hazard a guess that no European club that is playing champions league football were willing to meet his wage demands.

Im sure there were plenty that would have loved Ronaldo but none were willing to pay him the dough he wanted (i would imagine around the £400k a week mark). There were plenty of reports in Portugal that Sporting were desperate for him back but he would have had to of fit into their wage structure, ultimately its all about money for brand Ronaldo, all this talk of ‘needing’ champions league football is bollox IMO.

I don’t think his ego would have allowed him to have taken a substantial pay cut irrespective of if his new club were in the champions league hence why Saudi is probably the best place for him. 

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bris Red said:

I would hazard a guess that no European club that is playing champions league football were willing meet his wage demands.

Im sure there were plenty that would have loved Ronaldo but none were willing to pay him the dough he want (i would imagine around the £400k a week mark).

I don’t think his ego would have allowed him to have taken a substantial pay cut irrespective of if his new club were in the champions league hence why Saudi is probably the best place for him. 

Exactly this. No CL club is paying him that sort of money because his performances don't justify it anymore. Anyone who's watched him for Man Utd this season or Portugal in the World Cup will know that he's nowhere near what he was even a year or so ago.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

I would hazard a guess that no European club that is playing champions league football were willing to meet his wage demands.

Im sure there were plenty that would have loved Ronaldo but none were willing to pay him the dough he wanted (i would imagine around the £400k a week mark). There were plenty of reports in Portugal that Sporting were desperate for him back but he would have had to of fit into their wage structure, ultimately its all about money for brand Ronaldo, all this talk of ‘needing’ champions league football is bollox IMO.

Those reports where sentiments,he clearly will go to sporting when he’s 41 and run rings round Vyner in the UEFA cup 

• Haha 2

If he wants to chase the coin I can’t blame him. What is important in life, however, is how you go about things.

He has been whining about wanting out of Man U - a club where he is a legend and the fans adored him - because they were stuck in time and not in the CL. They paid him a fortune. His conduct to leave the club was atrocious and now he signs for a shit league chasing the coin.

Just be honest. What a *****

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If he wants to chase the coin I can’t blame him. What is important in life, however, is how you go about things.

He has been whining about wanting out of Man U - a club where he is a legend and the fans adored him - because they were stuck in time and not in the CL. They paid him a fortune. His conduct to leave the club was atrocious and now he signs for a shit league chasing the coin.

Just be honest. What a *****

What he says about that club is ? true tbf,he should know after being around top clubs since leaving United how far they have fallen behind in everything from team to ground to training ground.Do we want people to tell the truth or not 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What he says about that club is ? true tbf,he should know after being around top clubs since leaving United how far they have fallen behind in everything from team to ground to training ground.Do we want people to tell the truth or not 

Depends who wins out of it ? Has Ronaldo done well out of telling the truth ? I thought he wanted to leave Man Utd because he wanted to play Champions League, except after that interview and his display in the WC, nobody wants him.  He has taken a backward step and Piers has got good publicity out of it, he has been played IMO. 

7 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Depends who wins out of it ? Has Ronaldo done well out of telling the truth ? I thought he wanted to leave Man Utd because he wanted to play Champions League, except after that interview and his display in the WC, nobody wants him.  He has taken a backward step and Piers has got good publicity out of it, he has been played IMO. 

As we have all said above,he wanted to do but nobody wanted him,he has somehow managed to nearly quadruple his wages while being crap,you have to doff your cap to him

33 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They are in the mix for Top 4 this year. If he had the bollocks, he would have stayed and tried to respect the coach and helped the team reach the CL. All his whining about wanting top level football has made him look ridiculous now. 

im 100 percent sure the experience of playing for Man U beats dust bowl FC every time. Money money money but just be honest. Like I said - an arrogant *****

9 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

They are in the mix for Top 4 this year. If he had the bollocks, he would have stayed and tried to respect the coach and helped the team reach the CL. All his whining about wanting top level football has made him look ridiculous now. 

im 100 percent sure the experience of playing for Man U beats dust bowl FC every time. Money money money but just be honest. Like I said - an arrogant *****

Mix for top 4 you mean top 7 I guess,this is a bloke who has won numerous titles across Europe and is entitled to speak,you can’t have it both ways when you say footballers have no personality,what do you want Tony footballers to shut up or talk 

He obviously has talent...but I find him repulsive.

He optimises everything I hate about modern day football and society.

Gratuitous self indulgence and importance. 

Literally no class, no humility.

Just a look at me attitude.

I love passion, ability... but counter it with reality.

Messi may have his imperfections, but he comes across with humbleness. He comes from a poor background. Like other football geniuses.

I look at Messi and Pele...and compare with Ronaldo and Maradona...they all come from humble backgrounds...but what a difference.

At least we have Moore and Charlton.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Mix for top 4 you mean top 7 I guess,this is a bloke who has won numerous titles across Europe and is entitled to speak,you can’t have it both ways when you say footballers have no personality,what do you want Tony footballers to shut up or talk 

What are you on about? He was an amazing player and played for Man U at a club that loved him. He bullshitted and engineered his way out of the club for money. All his BS about wanting Champions league. He is full of shyte

7 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What are you on about? He was an amazing player and played for Man U at a club that loved him. He bullshitted and engineered his way out of the club for money. All his BS about wanting Champions league. He is full of shyte

You are full of Shute,your hatred towards him is almost stalker stuff,he didn’t have champions league clubs after him so how could he sign for them please explain because I’m lost,did you expect him to go to Everton for ten a penny