IGNORED

Ronaldo apparently signs for Saudis

Unan

20 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

People moaning about him will also be reminiscing about him and messi ect in years to come. The flair player is gradually being coached out of the modern game. Years ago nearly every team had a player that could get the crowd going

I honestly don’t think some will,the hatred of someone who had to work at his game non stop without being born with magnificent ability is almost staggering,it’s almost a template for this country now to be jealous of people while beached on their sofa scratching their fat arses 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I honestly don’t think some will,the hatred of someone who had to work at his game non stop without being born with magnificent ability is almost staggering,it’s almost a template for this country now to be jealous of people while beached on their sofa scratching their fat arses 

I don’t think anyone is ‘moaning’ about Ronaldo just a bit bemused at the constant bleating from him about wanting to play at the highest level still and needing to be playing champions league football, then he moves to Saudi Arabia. 

Fair play to him may i add, the deal is staggering from a financial point of view. It’s just the bullshit and petulant childish attitude that me and many cannot stand about Ronaldo. 

He could have easily stayed in Europe and played for a more sensible wage but he choose $$. Can’t knock it just don’t lie to the general public about it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As we have all said above,he wanted to do but nobody wanted him,he has somehow managed to nearly quadruple his wages while being crap,you have to doff your cap to him

No other club wanted him because of his actions towards Man Utd and then to Portugal in the WC.  Those recent actions showed that he cannot be trusted and can only move to a club that will play him every game.  He has burnt his bridges around Europe.  He will most likely break records in Saudi as he was Man Utd’s top scorer last season but no player is bigger than the club.  

————-

@piersmorgan: "If it was just about money, you'd be in Saudi Arabia earning this king's ransom, but that's not what motivates you. You want to keep at the top."

@Cristiano Ronaldo: "Exactly."

That was a month ago.

13 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Exactly this. No CL club is paying him that sort of money because his performances don't justify it anymore. Anyone who's watched him for Man Utd this season or Portugal in the World Cup will know that he's nowhere near what he was even a year or so ago.

Plus he gets a club sponsored Camel

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Does he? Or is this just more casual racism from you?

@Harry?

If you had ever been in Saudi you would understand that a Camel is seen as an sign of great wealth and esteem.  If you have never been to Saudi then you are entitled to your rather childish and uneducated opinion.

Edited by BigTone
  • Robin 1

13 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If you had ever been in Saudi you would understand that a Camel is seen as a sign of great wealth and esteem.  If you have never been to Saudi then you are entitled to your rather childish and uneducated opinion.

Fairly sure the Goat wouldn’t need a Camel, just sh1t loads of ?

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Fairly sure the Goat wouldn’t need a Camel, just sh1t loads of ?

Absolutely, a good thoroughbred Camel for racing in Saudi will easily sell for $1m.  I've been to the Camel market & auction outside Riyadh and it is mind boggling when you see the amount of cash being flashed around.  Also, Camel meat is considered some thing of a delicacy so those not quite up to scratch are destined for the dinner table and is very nice too.  A lot of Saudis also keep Camels simply as a pet.

27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

If you had ever been in Saudi you would understand that a Camel is seen as an sign of great wealth and esteem.  If you have never been to Saudi then you are entitled to your rather childish and uneducated opinion.

So you’re now saying your comment was factual, and that he has got a club sponsored camel as part of his deal?

No need for the overrection in your reply, unless youre trying to defend yourself from trying to be “funny” (again) ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

So you’re now saying your comment was factual, and that he has got a club sponsored camel as part of his deal?

No need for the overrection in your reply, unless youre trying to defend yourself from trying to be “funny” (again) ?

It would be seen as a gift of great respect to receive such an animal.  Anything else I can educate you about or are you just trying to be "smart" like before ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

It would be seen as a gift of great respect to receive such an animal.  Anything else I can educate you about or are you just trying to be "smart" like before ?

Nothing about your first post about a camel was trying to be educational 

Just admit your attempt was trying to be funny, which backfired AGAIN. 

11 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Nothing about your first post about a camel was trying to be educational 

Just admit your attempt was trying to be funny, which backfired AGAIN. 

Now really you are just being juvenile and highlighting your lack of education. Your attempt at being smart really is embarrassing.

Edited by BigTone

Fair play to the lad. He’s in his final years and managed to negotiate himself an 800% pay increase. 
Gotta take your hat off to that. 

Beckham quit ‘proper’ football when he was 32, increasing his bank balance on the pretence of ‘growing the game’ in the US. Ronaldo is doing it 5 years older on the pretence of ‘growing the game in Saudi’. 

Many people like to despise Ronaldo. Whilst he’s not quite as good as Messi, there is no doubt that over the last 20 years he’s been an absolutely fantastic footballer, one of the top 10-15 of all time. 
Good luck to the bloke. I’m sure there are many (not all, but many) who don’t like him through sheer jealousy. He’s bagged himself a phenomenal pay rise at the age of 37. I admire him for that. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Harry said:

Fair play to the lad. He’s in his final years and managed to negotiate himself an 800% pay increase. 
Gotta take your hat off to that. 

Beckham quit ‘proper’ football when he was 32, increasing his bank balance on the pretence of ‘growing the game’ in the US. Ronaldo is doing it 5 years older on the pretence of ‘growing the game in Saudi’. 

Many people like to despise Ronaldo. Whilst he’s not quite as good as Messi, there is no doubt that over the last 20 years he’s been an absolutely fantastic footballer, one of the top 10-15 of all time. 
Good luck to the bloke. I’m sure there are many (not all, but many) who don’t like him through sheer jealousy. He’s bagged himself a phenomenal pay rise at the age of 37. I admire him for that. 

Hard to disagree with that.

Edited by BigTone