IGNORED

Coventry City away match thread

47 minutes ago, Knordhus said:

Sorry if this has been answered in this thread already. BUT: 

I do not understand how Nahki Wells can be the one congratulating Semenyo on his goal (re: photos at bcfc.co.uk) when the match report says Wells replaced Conway after 69 minutes?!?

Anyone?

It was Conway that replaced Wells after 69 minutes. Wells was playing at the time of the goal

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I heard they are doing a 'We want our club back march' from the three lions at the next home game.

This really is embarrassing and shows that some self reflection is needed.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I saw that on WhatsApp.

“What do we want - change

When do we want it - now”

But what change do they want?

If they want to get the club back from SL thenI'm guessing  they will need £150m+ worth of change !

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.0e62a226faa6e6e8a7afe36701c23993.png

It’d be interesting to know what this is all about from someone involved. 

Normally fan demonstrations are pretty clear on the intended outcome and normally that has an overwhelming amount of support (e.g. the Glazers at Man United, Ashley at Newcastle).

I don’t ever recall anything like this in the past, only thing I can remotely think of is Johnson Out bed sheets of a few years ago. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of City, our miserable lack of success over many years, and a lot of the decision making at the top level.

However, “we want our club back” is not the sort of message I would endorse. That’s not it at all.

We are not hostages to some wreckless foreign owner with no appreciation for the culture or essence of the club and the city of Bristol as a whole. Actually, the Lansdowns have built us a stadium with no end of nods to tradition, not to mention the return of the robin to the badge and the purple and lime kits in recent years. Generally I think they have shown great respect for the club and it’s traditions while simultaneously trying to create the modern, marketable brand that we need.

If you’re going to protest about issues with the club, then you need to accurately represent the current sentiments of the fanbase. I don’t think “we want our club back” does that.

I've criticised the Lansdowns in the past I didn't agree with the support of Johnson or Ashton and especially the Holden situation,but to do a protest currently is just embarrassing can't see who's going to give a s**t!! With the appointment of the new CEO it does seem like they are trying correct the mistakes and Lansdown has made a few, We do need investment ,Alot of work has gone in to get this club out of the brown stuff and Pearsons part of that..Have patients success will come! 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, One Team said:

Normally fan demonstrations are pretty clear on the intended outcome and normally that has an overwhelming amount of support (e.g. the Glazers at Man United, Ashley at Newcastle).

I don’t ever recall anything like this in the past, only thing I can remotely think of is Johnson Out bed sheets of a few years ago. 

Embarrassing. Yes mistakes have been made by our ownership but undoubtedly the good outweighs the bad significantly. I agree with a good protest but this is sad.

1 hour ago, One Team said:

And that's what makes it even more the bizarre. 

Things right now are actually pretty bloody good compared to how they used to be. 

26 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Spoilt, entitled and arrogant.

What do these 'fans' want back from the club? 

I guess it's because they are so desperate to see their 2nd team Liverpool play at Ashton Gate. 

• Like 1

I have criticised Lansdown's for managerial decisions and prices at the club, however in general over the last 20 years you wouldn't find many owners in England who would continuously pump the money they put into the club with zero in return.

Without their money and input we could easily have been where Swindon are right now or Bradford, languishing in League 2 with zero ground development and investment. 

We are where we are, what we have been for the majority of Bristol City's lifespan - a lower half Championship club. Part of me feels a couple of decent years under LJ has lead to a sense of entitlement from the younger sections of our chavy S82 support.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.0e62a226faa6e6e8a7afe36701c23993.png

No, it is time for a change.....

WE WANT OUR EAST END SUPPORT BACK!!!!

No point having a "singing section" that doesn’t sing is it?

The old east end (that I stood on) would start singing an hour before kick off. Would sing throughout the game. Would be the beating heart of the supporters. We didn't need the team to get us singing.

Also what was the point of bringing the Scot Murray surfer flag and fly it before the match but then all bugger off for a pint when the great man was on the pitch at half time for a club presentation?

So, before people start demonstrating that they "Want their club back" the rest of us want to know....

What are you going to do with it?

Whos going to finance any changes?

Are you going to have a whip round in the pub to finance this year's losses?

Many other questions but I just can't be arsed.

Sorry, but it's embarrassing and I for one will boo well, if I can stop laughing...

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

No, it is time for a change.....

WE WANT OUR EAST END SUPPORT BACK!!!!

No point having a "singing section" that doesn’t sing is it?

The old east end (that I stood on) would start singing an hour before kick off. Would sing throughout the game. Would be the beating heart of the supporters. We didn't need the team to get us singing.

Also what was the point of bringing the Scot Murray surfer flag and fly it before the match but then all bugger off for a pint when the great man was on the pitch at half time for a club presentation?

So, before people start demonstrating that they "Want their club back" the rest of us want to know....

What are you going to do with it?

Whos going to finance any changes?

Are you going to have a whip round in the pub to finance this year's losses?

Many other questions but I just can't be arsed.

Sorry, but it's embarrassing and I for one will boo well, if I can stop laughing...

Here here, very well said, can’t like this post enough. 

Even if the protest comes from genuine conviction, they've got the timing all wrong and should probably consider not going ahead with it.

If we were bottom of the league or looking destined for relegation you could understand some desperation. But with 3 spirited performances in the past 5 games, and plenty to play for, it doesn't feel like a time to be so enraged about our form this season.

With the January transfer window just opened, it also makes sense to see what develops. We might do some canny business which changes the mood.

And if this is mainly feulled by Lansdown's inability to fulfil the potential of the club, I think a clearer message would be better. I also think some constructive suggestions are needed, because I'm not convinced our fans are united on who Lansdown should be looking to sell the club to. Frankly, if we did 'a Newcastle' I'd be much more outraged than I am now and would have to walk away.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 3

This whole protest thing is embarrassing. When most of the fan base are actively trying to work out what the protest is even about, it’s not hard to work out that it’s pretty pointless.

I stand in S82 and enjoy it in the main. I like to be able to stand and get involved in the atmosphere.

There are some pretty tiresome things that go on in there though. People adding ‘no surrender’ when the national anthem is sung; booing teams for taking the knee; a lack of patience and quickness to jump on the players’ backs at the first sign of things going against us. All of these things get on my nerves.

I imagine this protest is being organised by the people I am describing above. It’s a knee jerk reaction from people who can’t or won’t see the bigger picture and who just want success yesterday, and who would have absolutely no idea how we would achieve it. I hope it falls on its arse and doesn’t happen but if it does I’ll be more than happy to join many others in shouting it down. 

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

If they’re protesting about match day prices, I’ll support them on that.

That's a game wide issue though.

I have some sympathy with that, the relentless increasing corporate nature of the game, the way in which the system seems to be tilted towards the bigger clubs here and worldwide etc. Perhaps to some extent dilution of original support with ticket prices rising as they have and all seater which is only just changing a bit now with potentially increased safe standing areas.

However it's been 30 years in the making. Maybe more- we can't really do things that differently in this environment, we are running to stand still like many- it's a game wide issue, in the current external environment there isn't much we can do differently otherwise we'll potentially become even less competitive.

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The one a few pages back. Or search @forzaeastenders on Instagram.

295 likes and 8 comments would imply it’s not got huge support currently. 

At least the post itself it’s a bit clearer on what the change is that is wanted: that of Pearson out. 

Edited by One Team