IGNORED

Joe Low - Loan to Walsall (L2)

Davefevs

31 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Good move for him, felt very sorry for him in the league cup. Some fans got on his back very quickly and was unlucky to be involved in a very poor team performance, hopefully he makes a big impact at Walsall

He was given the opportunity to step up from u23s and, as l understand looked totally out of depth. So a loan was needed to give him another chance. Hope he takes it thit time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

He was given the opportunity to step up from u23s and, as l understand looked totally out of depth. So a loan was needed to give him another chance. Hope he takes it thit time

Nigel was very critical of the senior players for failing to give Joe the support he needed. Klose in particular it seems.

• Like 2

I think it is really tough for young central defenders as it is so easy to get exposed at Championship level. Much like Towler, Low clearly has the potential and plenty of time on his side but a move to a League Two side is a great chance for him to get some league football under his belt. Hopefully in a year or two he'll be ready to compete for a first team place here. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Nigel was very critical of the senior players for failing to give Joe the support he needed. Klose in particular it seems.

Admirable from Pearson, protecting a young player, but Klose, or anyone else for that matter, could not have stopped Low dallying in possession, falling on his arse, and gifting Lincoln their 2nd goal, I'm afraid.

The lad has much potential and much to learn, good luck to him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Admirable from Pearson, protecting a young player, but Klose, or anyone else for that matter, could not have stopped Low dallying in possession, falling on his arse, and gifting Lincoln their 2nd goal, I'm afraid.

Yeah he had a nightmare, i felt really bad for him. Pearson really had it in for klose after that though and obviously completely lost faith in him…. That was as bad a game ive seen by us in a long time, and thats up against a wide selection of shambolic performances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Neatly sidestepped the question about the first team games this season. "Good experience" apparently. I guess walking to the dressing room on your own counts in that regard.

But seriously, I hope this is a good stepping stone for him, he should certainly be able to cope with the physical side of the game anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Given the number of howlers we've seen from experienced players - King most recently for instance - I'm not inclined to give Joe a hard time for that.

From what I've watched of Joe, he has all the ability to become a Championship defender.

The one thing that stuck with me though, is quickness of thought/ decision making.

That imo is his weakness...but that quickens after games at a higher level. You start to see things quicker and react quicker. He's calm on the ball, but when you jump levels, calmness only happens if your brain is ahead of the speed of the game. 

That will come imo.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Yeah he had a nightmare, i felt really bad for him. Pearson really had it in for klose after that though and obviously completely lost faith in him…. That was as bad a game ive seen by us in a long time, and thats up against a wide selection of shambolic performances

Low is a player who should be central of a back 3. Not right with an ageing Klose central and Low getting a quick winger running at him a lot of the time. Low's a big guy, good in the air and will get stuck in. Poor by Pearson.

His performance v Lincoln was nothing sort of shambolic, I desperately wanted the ground to swallow him up it was so bad. I agree he should have been in the centre, but nobody could have predicted quite how badly he would play. For Walsall to sign him, he must have played much better when turning out for the U23s. He is very, very young for a central defender and he will only get better. I hope this move works out for everyone. Good luck Joe ?

4 hours ago, spudski said:

From what I've watched of Joe, he has all the ability to become a Championship defender.

The one thing that stuck with me though, is quickness of thought/ decision making.

That imo is his weakness...but that quickens after games at a higher level. You start to see things quicker and react quicker. He's calm on the ball, but when you jump levels, calmness only happens if your brain is ahead of the speed of the game. 

That will come imo.

Teams will look to spin the ball in behind and get him facing his goal, quick striker and he may struggle, he won't have pace either side of him with that Walsall defence either. Had a tendency to assume someone was offside and react as if 'oh shit' rather than it being natural to cover first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2