IGNORED

Adverts on TV or the radio

AppyDAZE

that you absolutely cannot stomach.

Yes, I know that applies to one hell of a lot, but for me, I have to say the Hastings Direct ad makes me want to smash up my radio when I hear it.

They say with Hastings everything is SOOOOOOOOOO simple.

Let me assure you, it ******* well ISN'T simple, and I know because I have been unfortunate enough to have had to deal with this awful company.

Anyone reading this should know (if you don't know already) this is not a company I would advise anybody to use for car insurance,

They suck.

So stick your "so simple" bullshit, that is a total lie.

Edited by AppyDAZE

The TV one that annoyed me recently, was an Audi one. They show this lovely car and the small print says. "Concept car not available in the UK, not in or near to production"

It then shows a guy getting in the passenger seat and being driven autonomously by the car to his destination. The small print says, "autonomous driving not available or currently legal in the UK".

So you have shown us a car we can't buy, performing in a way that is not available or legal. Thanks for that.

32 minutes ago, BigTone said:

All ads to do with Funeral or Cremation plans. 

I find it particularly disheartening to receive regular mails and even postal circulars from my household and motor insurers informing me of their fantastic deals on funeral expenses insurance.

Even more concerning is that younger members of my family and their circle of (young) friends are insured with the same insurer, yet receive no such advertising and commercial offers. 

• Haha 1

I hate the ones on the wireless that reel off a list of terms/conditions at the end at such a fast pace that no-one can surely understand them!? It annoys me but must be pretty intimidating (maybe not the right word, but it'll do) for anyone with hearing issues, elderly etc etc. They should make sure that any caveats to the ad itself be at the same pace as the rest of the advert! (Yes, I am a petty, petty, man) 

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Why are the TV companies allowed to play the audio for adverts at a higher level than the program they are interrupting? It means turning the volume down, then up again when the programme continues.

I think the T&C's in all radio adverts should legally have to be read at the same speed as the advert itself. Not at the crazy incomprehensible pace they are now.

• Flames 1