IGNORED

Craig Pawson

BilboBaggins05

Worst of all the bad Prem Refs we've had.
Foul after foul given, but it took until about the 75th minute for him to book one of theirs.
Managed to book one of theirs for something in the their area, but give them a free kick.
Stopped play, I think we may have had the ball,  for a Swansea player with a bad back. Trainer comes on and gives him treatment but for some reason he didn't have to leave the pitch.
I won't mention the Penalty shouts as I've given up. 

******* unless.

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Joins a long list of refs not to award us a pen. That said, i don't think we had anything stonewall today.

Apart from that he seemed to do ok for me.

Even taken the red tinted specs off, the ones on Semenyo and Atkinson first half are absolutely penalties 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Joins a long list of refs not to award us a pen. That said, i don't think we had anything stonewall today.

Apart from that he seemed to do ok for me.

Apart from when Semenyo & Atkinson were both tripped first half, presumably?

Watch the highlights, both are stonewall penalties.

• Like 6

Just now, petehinton said:

Even taken the red tinted specs off, the ones on Semenyo and Atkinson first half are absolutely penalties 

Semenyo looked a pen. Couldn't really make out the Atkinson one even on replay. VAR might well give both if available.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Worst of all the bad Prem Refs we've had.
Foul after foul given, but it took until about the 75th minute for him to book one of theirs.
Managed to book one of theirs for something in the their area, but give them a free kick.
Stopped play, I think we may have had the ball,  for a Swansea player with a bad back. Trainer comes on and gives him treatment but for some reason he didn't have to leave the pitch.
I won't mention the Penalty shouts as I've given up. 

******* unless.

Agree he waited far too long to get a card out. It was clear from the start that part of their game plan was to simply stop Conway and Scott by whatever means necessary.

The trainer incident and not leaving the field was interesting: pretty sure that something similar happened at Coventry. Second half when a Swansea player needed attention he was made to leave the field. I assume refs have some sort of discretion, but no idea what the criteria are meant to be. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Midred said:

Do they bother now they have VAR?

That is the problem. They know if they miss something they have cover, it gives them an easy out. Of course back in the real World of the EFL a non decision impacts massively, just as much as a wrong one.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Yep, and I’ve seen reds given for incidents like one involving Wood on Scott. Abysmal.  

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

Despite what some posters say on here, he completely bottled the Scott decision. He didn’t give for a foul only Scott until after the head but on him. We know this because he didn’t play advantage when Swansea broke, nor he did he allow play to carry on before issuing the yellow card. 

He then somehow made the decision to give the foul on Scott and book their player - he bottled it.

should’ve been 3 penalties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Agree he waited far too long to get a card out. It was clear from the start that part of their game plan was to simply stop Conway and Scott by whatever means necessary.

The trainer incident and not leaving the field was interesting: pretty sure that something similar happened at Coventry. Second half when a Swansea player needed attention he was made to leave the field. I assume refs have some sort of discretion, but no idea what the criteria are meant to be. 

As far as I know there is no desertion , you get treatment and you have to leave the field. Otherwise it is open to even more accusations of cheating.

Watch the bbc highlights, three clear as day penalties. Agree the wood challenge is borderline violent conduct but probably just about a yellow.

Scandalous refereeing, the Atkinson one was shocking not to be given. It also missed the one where Scott was 2 handed thrown to the ground and also one where the defender was playing american football with wells on the edge of the area which would have been soft but still a foul.

I think we were fouled 5 times at least in the box today, 2 for me were stonewallers. The Scott one has a slight argument for Scott having a nibble but I think they were both at it before he struck out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Apart from when Semenyo & Atkinson were both tripped first half, presumably?

Watch the highlights, both are stonewall penalties.

Yep. The Atkinson one I’ve not really seen a clear replay of, but it certainly looked as if he was swiped. Probably gets given in the centre circle. 

The one on Semenyo was a definite penalty. Pawson gestured as if the defender had got the ball, but he didn’t. He went to ground, made contact and the ball went away because it hit Semenyo’s leg on the way down. 

The one involving Scott was odd. Seemed there was a penalty shout about 10 seconds prior with the melee in the box and then when it got cleared the ref wasn’t giving anything. Maybe he was playing an advantage but it wasn’t really clear and it wasn’t much of an advantage anyway, as they were on the edge of their own box! Ref only blew the whistle after the Swansea player had attempted to headbutt Scott. So if that was the offence he was blowing for (and for which the player was booked) then why is that not a penalty? If he’s played the advantage then the Swansea foul is surely in the next phase of play? Surely he should only call back an advantage if the player didn’t gain an advantage? Which wasn’t the case 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As far as I know there is no desertion , you get treatment and you have to leave the field. Otherwise it is open to even more accusations of cheating.

Rules were changed a few years back - if the injured player was fouled and the offender is cautioned (yellow / red) then the injured player does not need to go off the pitch.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Rules were changed a few years back - if the injured player was fouled and the offender is cautioned (yellow / red) then the injured player does not need to go off the pitch.

I didn't know that, but I didn't think a foul was given let alone a card, as the ball was cleared and both teams played on. So I was wrong in my assumption, and the Ref was just plain wrong . ?

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. The Atkinson one I’ve not really seen a clear replay of, but it certainly looked as if he was swiped. Probably gets given in the centre circle. 

The one on Semenyo was a definite penalty. Pawson gestured as if the defender had got the ball, but he didn’t. He went to ground, made contact and the ball went away because it hit Semenyo’s leg on the way down. 

The one involving Scott was odd. Seemed there was a penalty shout about 10 seconds prior with the melee in the box and then when it got cleared the ref wasn’t giving anything. Maybe he was playing an advantage but it wasn’t really clear and it wasn’t much of an advantage anyway, as they were on the edge of their own box! Ref only blew the whistle after the Swansea player had attempted to headbutt Scott. So if that was the offence he was blowing for (and for which the player was booked) then why is that not a penalty? If he’s played the advantage then the Swansea foul is surely in the next phase of play? Surely he should only call back an advantage if the player didn’t gain an advantage? Which wasn’t the case 

Two incidents summed up how Referees go about their days work when Reffing us.

The one above, where the injured player doesn't have to leave the pitch and the one where their player gets booked and gets a free kick.

I'd love to see the assessors report and the refs reply, another letter incoming :preacher:

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Two incidents summed up how Referees go about their days work when Reffing us.

The one above, where the injured player doesn't have to leave the pitch and the one where their player gets booked and gets a free kick.

I'd love to see the assessors report and the refs reply, another letter incoming :preacher:

Trouble is that no apology ever changes the match result.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

If you’re referring to their player not leaving the field when being treated by the trainer - that’s because a Yellow card was shown for the tackle and under those situations the player doesn’t have to leave the field.  Them’s the rules!

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought that was the rule but I rarely, if ever, see a player not having to leave the pitch after an opposition player is cautioned and they've received treatment.