IGNORED

Today's attendance

Mike Stone

16 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Thought that was a decent attendance today . Also thought it was sensible they closed the upper lansdown to use resources elsewhere … although they made zero impact in the away end where it seemed you could do whatever you want today if you were a Swansea fan 

How many times do we play Swansea & have problems in the corner of Atyeo/Dolman.  Swans today took the piss in removing netting to get closer to City fans.  Feel for stewards who aren’t paid enough to deal with that but yet again we fail to learn.  

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Thought that was a decent attendance today . Also thought it was sensible they closed the upper lansdown to use resources elsewhere … although they made zero impact in the away end where it seemed you could do whatever you want today if you were a Swansea fan 

I’ve posted elsewhere that I think there should always be a ‘family area’ option, so if the club are to shut the upper Lansdown then they need to make provisions for those who want to take their kids and be away from any language. Would’ve been easy for the club to make a block family friendly.   

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

How many times do we play Swansea & have problems in the corner of Atyeo/Dolman.  Swans today took the piss in removing netting to get closer to City fans.  Feel for stewards who aren’t paid enough to deal with that but yet again we fail to learn.  

I noticed the netting was missing, which was hard to believe and even worse if the Swansea fans removed it, definitely poor security. Would be interesting to hear the view of Dave Storr!

6 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I noticed the netting was missing, which was hard to believe and even worse if the Swansea fans removed it, definitely poor security. Would be interesting to hear the view of Dave Storr!

The Swansea fans did remove it.

As @Shufflesaid, stewards aren’t paid enough or equipped / empowered enough to stop them.

• Like 1

Every time they come over here there are problems. To keep allowing 2.5k over here on their own steam with a large portion of that number coked up and looking for aggro is dumb to say the least.

I know it might not be popular but I never understood why they stopped the bubble trips

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MelksRed said:

To be fair I had to motivate myself to attend. I love the club but have a growing antipathy for attending when the games are so poor. Attended as always need to undertake resilience training.  COYRs

Being a life long Bristol City fan will make this a walk in the park in terms of resiliency. Good work digging deep today though. Hope you stayed for the 2nd half because that alone was worth the price of the ticket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shuffle said:

It was because they were being told to get off the stairwell rather than to get closer to the home end 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Every time they come over here there are problems. To keep allowing 2.5k over here on their own steam with a large portion of that number coked up and looking for aggro is dumb to say the least.

I know it might not be popular but I never understood why they stopped the bubble trips

It was embarrassing crossing the park after the match. I passed loads of young teens waiting to “ambush” the Swansea fans as the left the ground. At one point they all ran across the park towards them, then one police Alsatian dog barked and they all ran back. Just like the grand old Duke of York who marched his men up to the top of the hill then marched them down again 

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The Swansea fans did remove it.

As @Shufflesaid, stewards aren’t paid enough or equipped / empowered enough to stop them.

Don’t really understand why we net off the front of the Atyeo to be honest. It just invites away fans to do what they did today in my opinion. 

Royally pisses me off that we give away fans the whole Atyeo anyway but obviously not a lot you can do when its a cup fixture as you are obliged to give them them a bigger allocation.

The club definitely needs to review the layout of Ashton gate next season IMO. It has been done to death on here over the last few years but we need to somehow try and get the home advantage back again. Having S82 either expanded or another singing section introduced next to the away fans in the Atyeo is vital to improve the atmosphere for me.

Easy for JL etc to bury their heads in the sand about the AG atmosphere but it is dire at the moment and something needs to be done. Big away followings keep coming here and taking the piss year in year out.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It was embarrassing crossing the park after the match. I passed loads of young teens waiting to “ambush” the Swansea fans as the left the ground. At one point they all ran across the park towards them, then one police Alsatian dog barked and they all ran back. Just like the grand old Duke of York who marched his men up to the top of the hill then marched them down again 

There sadly seems to be plenty of them but funnily they love to run away.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Have you ever noticed how a group threatening violence with a bit a Horsy-jump “come on then” move, actually go backwards.  Always makes me laugh.

• Like 1